5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing PC, wish I had changed earlier
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:23 Mins
Like a most people I have had a windows PC for many years, before windows 98.
I have fancied a Mac for a long time, I am tired of the windows system which is constantly updating, needing an ever better virus software package which also needs updating, the Dell I have which the Mac will replace, has been running slower by the day, it does...
Published on 7 Jan 2011 by Rob S

2.0 out of 5 stars Very frustrated
Delighted with my iPod and iPhone I took the plunge and decided to go to a Mac having used PCs for years. The set-up was very simple indeed and I was mightily impressed by the quality of the screen. In fact everything impressed me that first day. During the second day though I got a message on the screen saying 'connection lost' which after spending fifteen minutes on...
Published on 13 Sep 2010 by CJ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL! Apple lies to you., 8 Dec 2010
This review is from: New Apple iMac 21.5" All-In-One Desktop PC (LED Backlit Screen, 3.06Ghz, Core-i3, 4Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics, Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) (Launched July 2010) (Electronics)
If you buy this iMac be aware that after a few months WEIRD STEINS might come out on the screen. I had my screen replaced once (at least they told me they had replaced it), and after six months the same dark patch appeared exactly in the same place; how is that possible if it was a new screen? I went to the genius bar in the apple store and they told me they would fix it, but that it would take FOUR WEEKS! They also told me they had never seen anything like that in any other iMac, and I had a look to a few they had in the store to be used by costumers, and I could see similar problems in at least three of the 21 inches iMac. So yes, they could replace my screen again, not without having to be without a computer for four weeks, and I guess after six or seven more months, if the same problem happens again (which is very likely) they will tell me its out of guarantee. So I'll be with a one and a half years old iMac with a completely ruined screen.

I know two more people who had similar problems, and couldn't find any solution.

ABSOLUTELY DISAPPOINTED!

1.0 out of 5 stars White elephant, 29 May 2011
G. B. Jeffery (UK) - See all my reviews
I was given one of these by my daughter who was influenced by Apple's marketing campaign in HE. I now fully understand the meaning of being given a "White Elephant" and have not been able to take the reliable 2003 DELL XP off my desk.

The wireless mouse was a lesson in anger management. The wireless keyboard is good, but lacks CtrlAltDel - and you WILL need them when using Bootcamp. Bootcamp hangs at least once each session, and is only reset by turning the machine off and on again. Miss keying is too easy.

OS seems robust, if you can find/afford any applications, but bundled software, particularly finder and graphics editor is somewhat quirky, and markedly inferior to Linux Ubuntu and Windows free alternatives.

Overall, unless you really really want MAC software, it is a tart. Flashy, expensive to buy, expensive to populate, ideosyncratic, ultimately unsatisfactory, and inferior to Linux and Windows.

It may look good in reception, but not for creative development.

5.0 out of 5 stars iMac 21'5 desktop PC, 30 Jan 2011
Initially i had trouble getting this computer, the first sent vanished!

But, I can assure everyone that the wait was worth it, this is a fantastic machine, buy one you wont be disappointed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›