on 17 August 2011
These earphones are amazing; bought them instead of Panasonic's HJE900's after they were recommended by a friend and I couldn't be happier.

A headphone novice, I was originally confused by the inner-ear design but found them surprisingly comfortable and beneficial. The in-ear fit allows me to submerge myself in my music, gaining excellent quality from minimal volume levels, minimising noise disturbance to others.

The sleek, metallic finish of the headphones is not done justice in the images above; they are visually appealing and attractive without being obnoxious like some others.

For this price and quality, I couldn't recommend highly enough!
on 10 January 2012
I bought these as a replacement for Sony MDRXB40EX Extra Bass Headphones because I had found them too uncomfortable to wear.

I have had Panasonics before and they have rarely let me down. This pair are no different. The earbuds stay comfortably in my ears and aren't disturbed by me moving around. I can happily wear them for hours at a time with no discomfort and none of the usual sense of needing to flex your ears and jaw after a long time.

The sound is good, with a noticable improvement over earphones around the £30 rrp for both mp3 and FLAC. The earphones also have little noise leakage, with noise being effectively blocked from your surroundings, and then successfully passing the little old lady on the bus test - she couldn't hear my music even when loud enough to shut out all bus noise.

I don't find the cable too short. I'm 5'5" and my mp3 player goes happily in a trouser pocket, with the cable wrapped around a few times. I imagine if you're over 6' you will need to buy an extender cable, but I definitely think that compared to other sets, these earphones have a slightly longer than average cable, at around 70cm from the jack to the earphone split and then an additional 40cm or so.
on 23 December 2011
Simple Summary

Pros:
Fantastic overall sound quality.
Amazing bass, with sensible limitations (I can literally FEEL the bass in my head on some songs, without the track becoming unbalanced!)
Great separation and clarity (was able to pick out new sounds in my favorite songs I never knew were there)
Higher frequencies are replicated very well (mid-range frequencies are just as good)
These give your music depth and warmth
Will superbly cater for all genres and styles of music
Comfortable (I can wear these for ages without any complaints)
Compact
Sensible length a cable
Angled jack plug (this is down to personal preference of course)
WILL stay in your ear no matter how vigorously you shake your head (yes I have tried this)
Sensible packaging (did not have to use a chainsaw or sustain any cuts or severed limbs during unboxing)
*Bonus* Slightly noise cancelling (notice I said "slightly")

Cons:
Cables feel a little on the light/flimsy side, however I haven't had any problems so far
Sibilance (The dominance/presence of strongly emphasized s, sh, ch, z, j sounds in vocals) can be a slight problem, however this can be easily sorted out with the right EQ settings.

These are fantastic quality ear-buds, especially for the price. I can quite confidently say that you probably wont find a better pair on amazon for the same price. Just wow.
on 7 September 2011
Great headphones, I bought these last week and they fit perfectly. I often struggle listening to music whilst running as my headphones tend to drop out but these fit snug into the ear and never drop out! The sound quality is also really good and its just like listening to a live event. Well done Panasonic.
on 6 September 2011
I have recently bought these headphones and am delighted with the results.

When listening to my funky house and flashdance tunes every note is clear as a bell. There is also no interference when exercising.

Perfect for listening to Podcasts too.
on 2 February 2012
I got these earphones to replace another set of Panasonic ones that I lost - they were really comfortable but I couldn't remember what model they were to get the same ones. I'm so pleased that I got these. I find most earphones uncomfortable, and don't sit in the ear properly. However, these sit comfortably in the ear and don't fall out - they come with 3 different sizes of ear cushion.
I listen to a lot of music, although I wouldn't claim to be a complete audiophile, and I don't listen to a lot of bass intensive stuff so can't comment on how well they handle pounding bass or anything. But to my ears the sound quality is very good, and definitely better than some of the more expensive branded earphones I've had (I had a set of Sennheiser ones and prefer these Panasonic ones). Definitely recommend them.
on 2 August 2012
I have been buying Sennheiser CX 300 and 400's for as long as I can remember. Good sound but the inevitable failure of one of the buds. I listen to everything from Radio 4 to Underworld through to Maria Callas. Eclectic and a good test of any headphone.

So as my 400's gave up a short time time ago I decided to look elsewhere and settled on these. Plus points:

Cord length is fine (i'm 6ft)
Bass is exceptionally tight for such a cheap pair of headphones
Detail equals if not betters the 400's for a fraction of the price
Contain the noise so you won't annoy people like me on the train
They cost around £20

Downsides? Well considering they cost next to nothing you can't really complain however they are a bit bright and sibilant and don't handle really high volume well. Keep the sound at a level that won't invoke hearing problems and you have a great pair of headphones for a sub £50 pair.

Sennheiser has three problems - 1) The number of fakes out there 2) The price which is artificially held up due to brand name rather than being a superior product 3) Products that don't last very long.

Dare to be different and buy these instead
on 6 July 2012
Now treating Headphones as consumables as never get more than 18 months before one ear mysteriously crackles for a few days, then stops working.

Always spent around £50-£70 on Shure or Sennheiser and was sceptical when I read all the glowing reviews for these.

However, unfounded..... a little bit bass heavy but for £20, truly smashing sound and soooo comfortable in the ear !!
on 4 March 2012
Ok, so I was struggling to decide which in-ear headphones would be best. I use mine for the gym and wanted good isolation and reasonable bass/clarity. I am very pleased with these headphones and after running over my sennheiser cx200's with a rowing machine I wanted something that would be as good or better than them. I bought these on offer £19 form £52, the logic being that they should be good for the money, the worry being why they were so cheap?!. They are better than cx200's and without comparing to other brands, would say I do not regret getting them. Firstly the plug end is an 'r' shape, a minor perk which I like because it starts the cable in the direction you want it to go. The wire is pretty thin and light, perfect for workouts, not going to bounce about. s,m,l headphone adapters, I use the larger because i want a good seal in my ears, no i'm not an elephant, just a 27 y/o man :) I really appreciate my music and dont want rubbish, these are not rubbish, but its all releative, i'm sure a pair that cost £150 would be even better (or a I would like to think so). There is no t-shirt clip to attach these to your top, a shame really becuase my sennheiser did come with that and I loved that, esp since I lost that valuable little clip :(OK so sound qaulity, nice and rich, pretty deep base, not overpowering but plenty good enough for dance music/motivating high tempo. Very clear high tones. Also very comfotrable in the ear, suprisingly so considering the shape. If you are thinking of these for around £19 then great, don't hesitiate, are they worth £52....probable not, max £30. i think they are great for what I want and if I took them on a long journey and wanted to watch a film they would be great for that too. A good all rounder!

In case anyone was wondering what else I was looking at: sennheiser cx280 (obviously), soundmagic pl11, sennheiser mx580, soundmagic pl21, klipsch image s3, creative ep630, jvc hafx1x, klipsch image x1. These all seemed to be in my price range and had decent star ratings on the reviews. GOOG LUCK!

Finally the shipping, perfect as always, thank you AMAZON!

Chris
on 2 February 2012
Just bought these and they are terrific!
Clarity,overall frequency response and comfort put these earphones in the top class category.
They are not for 'bass heads', more for the discerning listener who appreciates quality over gimmicry.
No nonsense price,indeed a bargain!
Give your ears a treat and get these before they dissappear