5.0 out of 5 stars iHome iFab
Published on 2 Sept. 2010 by DS626

1.0 out of 5 stars broke!
Published 21 months ago by mercury

5.0 out of 5 stars iHome iFab, 2 Sept. 2010
This review is from: iHome IP1E High Fidelity Speaker System for iPhone and iPod - Black (Accessory)
I heard a demo of the Bose sounddock in a local Comet store and was blown away by its quality, specially at high volumes. But the price... So I got digging on the internet to see if I could better the price - I couldn't. But I found a review site that gave the iHome IP1 a better score than the sounddock. It also scored more because it comes in at a lower retail price.

So next step was to scour the internet for the best price. Amazon won!

As for the speaker system, well, as with any speaker system with the speakers so close together you can forget stereo separation. For that, plug your earphones in. But for sound quality at all volumes, the IP1 is simply stunning. I have an eclectic music collection with everything from big band to classical, from rap to heavy rock. It all sounds great. For my mind, it's well worth the money if your looking for a great sound from your iPod or iPhone. I have an iPhone 4 and it's supported by the IP1.

If I have any tips for potential buyers, it's get it from Amazon. Delivery was free and it was next day - despite a claim of 3-5 day delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boom Boom Shake The Room!!!!, 12 Jan. 2010
J. Hamilton (London, England) - See all my reviews
Outstanding look and finish to the iP1 amazing crystal clear sound to the max.
My friends and family were taken back by the sheer quality it gave.
Worth every penny top of the list for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 11 July 2010
Mr. James E. Stott (Uk) - See all my reviews
Product arrived on time, well packaged, and worked straight out of the box, I didn,t adjust any of the EQ settings but tried the B button first and listened to a mixed genre from my music library. For the price and spec of the system I was pleasantly surprised, the sound is warm, room filling and very well balanced I think. I would not hesitate to recommend this product,overall very satisfied, thank you to i home and the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best speakers I have ever owned, 9 Sept. 2010
Mr. A. Blyth "Anthony Blyth" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
At £170 I strongly urge you to buy these speakers. I have been trying to save £270 for a long time now so when I came to amazon and saw they were discounted £100, I couldn't place my order quick enough.

I have been researching ipod/iphone docks for a long time now and I am glad I put the effort in. They are just brilliant. The sound is so pure and they get quite loud. The bass is incredible, it feels like Eminem is giving a live performance in my room! They get rather loud too.

I have never owned such beautiful sounding speakers, so I'm not sure just how good sound can get, but I can't imagine it being better than this.

I would recommend these speakers to any body with £170 to burn...

P.S. I am an iPhone user and was pleased to see that these speakers are compatible..you don't have to turn airplane mode on to listen to music, because when you receive a call there is no interference, another plus! Great!

Also the seller, Hughes Direct, were very efficient. I ordered the speakers yesterday morning, by lunch time I had an e-mail telling me they would be here today. I didn't believe this as the products came from Europe...sure enough they arrived today, very pleasing!

BRILLIANT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 4 Sept. 2011
D. KNIGHT "knightd68" (Radlett - Herts UK) - See all my reviews
When I went into the main HMV store on Oxford Street, I had no intention of buying one of these and it WASN'T what I was looking for.

What I was basically after was a portable unit, compatible with Iphone (and not just Ipod), that played CDs and MP3 CDs, had a DAB Radio, and 80 watts (at least) of power. The one unit I could find that ticked all those boxes was a Vita R4 (at £549). I hadn't actually bought one, because I hadn't actually tried one! With the exception of the output, this does NONE of those things, but it's sound was so good I just couldn't resist.

Trying all the different players out (and because it's such a big HMV with loads going on) no-one is that bothered if you wanna make some noise. Simply because it was there, I popped my Iphone onto this and tried it. I turned it up and I was literally blown away by the sound. I absolutely fell in love with it.

It's LOUD, great booming bass that's made possible by corresponding great treble, & when turned up to full volume it literally shakes my house, & without distortion.

I actually spent quite a long time in aforementioned HMV store and I literally tried everything. Because it's such a big store, and there's loads going on, you can actually really turn stuff up and no-one seems that bothered. The only speaker in the whole place that I might have considered competition for this was the £599 Bose Sound Dock. Honestly! The Beats By Dre thing was pretty good, but too big and just not as good as this (and twice the price), the Tron speaker actually thing wasn't bad - but not loud enough, the big TDK Cassette player shaped thing was simply rubbish. The Sony entries were pretty lame - with the exception of the seriously pricey Bose nothing else was even close.

100 Watts of power. If you like your music loud, this is quality.

To give you an idea of how I listen to music, if you imagine an old fashioned 5 way graphic equalizer and picture the knobs on it, with the bass on the left and the treble on the right; the controls would make a near "V" shape. High bass, high treble, and not much of the neutral channel in between. This is perfect for that. It's got a really decent sound anyway, but it's got bass and treble controls and they can be increased if you wish, and they actually make it sound better still.

I've also got a little 7 watt Pure Evoke DAB radio, and with a £1 cable (from Poundland!) I can put this thru it and it sounds brilliant too.

Thoroughly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars broke!, 6 Oct. 2013
Was happy with this player when i bought it. Unfortunately it has lasted me less than 2 years. It has just stopped working. I do not have warranty on it, so therefor is a very expensive mistake me buying it. I have tried to have it fixed but to no avail. Bearing in mind i probably on average used it for less than an hour every couple of weeks, i've had no more than 50 hours use out of it. A very expensive mistake. As they say, they don't make em like they used to! An unhappy customer...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bass shame about the treble, 5 May 2011
Just received my IHome iPhone player this week and haven't stopped listening to music since! The unit produces great bass sound and is superior to the majority of other docks I've listened to but despite its two tweeters, it seems to lack purity of sound in the higher range. I've tried to reduce the bass as it allows you to but this still doesn't balance the sound as I'd have hoped. The unit supports iPhone video playback to a TV through its Phono OUT connections - haven't tried this yet but note that it appears to freeze my video playback on the iPhone display if listening to a music video albeit the music continues. I've listened to a wide selection of music - I have an eclectic taste - some would say that means "no taste". "The Flood" by Katie Melua is outstanding when played on this dock and a really good demo of its potential as was an album of acoustic guitar music which created vibrant, rich tones. I have a feeling that the MP3 output of an iPOD does not fully match the sound capabilities of this device and that some level of distortion arises because of this. I will have a go at using the Line-in inputs from a higher quality CD source. I'm not sure its a 100% match for the Bose iPhone dock that I listened to before buying this but I don't believe you'd get a great deal more sound quality to justify the difference in price either. I'd highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound, good looks!, 9 Oct. 2011
Jane V. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Very impressed. Top quality from packaging and build quality to the performance. Everything is high end. Big sound from a small box and plenty of bass for my needs. Handles a wide selection of music very well from rock to classical. More than enough power to to fill an average lounge. Remote is directional but has a good range and is responsive. Lastly it is a great looking piece of kit!iHome IP1E High Fidelity Speaker System for iPhone and iPod - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Mar. 2012
I'm not a prolific reviewer of stuff I buy, but had to say something about the iHome - BRILLIANT!!
Whatever your expectation of the quality of sound...double it...it is truly exceptional given its size.
I was thinking about buying a Denon Micro system but I just won't bother now.
Other Good points:
* Remote is small but also sturdy and a good weight
* The unit is sort of portable (much more than a Micro system) to a point where you could take it out to the garden in the summer for a BBQ.
* High frequency response from the tweeters is crystal clear
* Bass response is excellent for relatively small speakers; but with Bass enhancement on they can be a bit 'boomy'
Only very slight niggles:
* the Amp section (in between the main speakers) does get very hot and has slightly marked the table it sits on.
* The clear acrylic front does attract dust.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive bass despite low volume, 8 Feb. 2011
H. Wong - See all my reviews
The first unit stop working after 3 weeks of normal usage (about 2.5 hrs per day), the cause was the transformer and the whole unit was returned and exchange for another one. So far there is no problems. The audio was quite good, especially at low volume.