5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite oil control moisturiser
I found this product a couple of years back and I've been buying it ever since. It's very expensive so I just apply it to the areas that need it (forehead and nose). It's does wonders. It's amazingly effective at reducing oil but also moisturisers very well at the same time. It'll be a shame to ever have to use anything else.
Published on 19 May 2012 by C. Eastwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaves face very dry and white initially
This product is okay as it soaks up any oil on the face and leaves my face only slightly greasy by the end of the day.

As a moisturiser it leaves my face extremely dry and 'white' looking after intial application, which looks very odd. All in all im not sure what this product is doing to the overall hydration of my skin.

But everyones skin is...
Published 18 months ago by Dhanesh

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaves face very dry and white initially, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. (Misc.)

But everyones skin is different so another person might find this product fantastic....

2.0 out of 5 stars oil controls a bit, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. (Misc.)
does initially stop shine but then makes skin feel dry and tight, then oil is back much quicker than similar products i've used - even an oil free moisturiser is better at stopping the shine

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite oil control moisturiser, 19 May 2012
C. Eastwood - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is the best, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. (Misc.)
Sometimes I worry that America is going to start a war on my face to get to the seemingly endless supply of oil that lives underneath my skin. Thankfully, now I can travel to the US in peace, as Kyoku for Men prevents any buildups. It really is the best oil-reduction lotion I've ever used - and I've tried a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works very well on my skin!, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. (Misc.)
I have very oily skin. I have been looking for some product for my face to stop the oil when I have night out. This product work very good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. (Misc.)
This product is unfortunately useless. I cannot recommend it. Ponds vanishing cream is the only product that works but is difficult to get hold of.

2.0 out of 5 stars The smell is very weird, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. (Misc.)
The smell is very weird (like it's almost trying to smell of coca cola, yet doesn't at all) and it feels very tacky on skin

4.0 out of 5 stars Controls the oil and soothes the skin, 16 April 2014
Mr. J (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. (Misc.)
This lotion is light, smooth and fresh. A very small amount is needed to cover the entire face (too much and it becomes chalky on the skin) making it a long lasting product. Not only does it prevent the skin from getting really oily, it works well to moisturise and hydrate too.

The packaging could be better, it is a standard (quite small) tube, but to get all of the product out, you have to cut apart the tube towards the end. A pump bottle that pushes the lotion up (quite common packaging, even for low quality products) would be ideal as it would reduce wastage and make application a little easier.

The product smells great, very unusual. I would say it is a fresh and clean scent, though not overly strong so it isn't a big deal if it is not to your liking. It works brilliantly; I can apply the product at around 8am and still have relatively oil free skin at around 4pm.

My skin is oily around the nose, but quite dry on most of my face. The Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion is great for the oily parts but makes the dry skin chalky and it does not seem to hydrate these parts much. Therefore, I use another moisturiser on less oily parts of my face, meaning even less of this is used than usual. In addition to being oily, my skin is quite sensitive and can break out in spots or redness when irritated. Due to the natural ingredients in this, my skin reacts well to it and I have had no problems in that department whilst using it.

The big thing that is missing for me is some level of SPF protection. The regular Kyoku moisturiser (that I have not tried yet) does contain SPF15 and it is certainly something that is missing from this product. However, it gets everything else right for oily skin.

Even though it is quite expensive, it lasts a long time and works very well. It has impressed me enough to buy other products in the Kyoku range. All in all, it is a product I really enjoy using, something that I would buy again, but maybe not during the summer months due to lack of SPF.

Kyoku for Men Oil Control Lotion 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz.