5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
Fed up with all bells and whistles phones and just wanted an easy to use good looking phone that works and this one looked like it would fit the bill. Received it next day after ordering and was impressed with it right out of the box.
Published on 24 Nov 2009 by Jimbo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic phone - perhaps too basic?
Published on 12 April 2010 by Mr. Michael Pe Griffiths

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Nov 2009
Jimbo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
Shiny black case looks expensive and on flipping it open it hase nice big keys and you can see the letters for texting without putting your glasses on and a very clear screen. Camera picture quality isn`t that great at 1.3 mp but then it`s a phone, not a camera. Has the usual menu options and is very easy to navigate. Bluetooth works well and is easy to setup which you will need if your a ringtone freak as there isn`t that many to choose from installed on the phone but easy enough to add your own. Battery life seems good, lasted a week on the first charge but should inprove with a few more charges. Overall a very nice phone if you want a flip at a resonable price, recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nokia 2720 Fold Mobile, 1 Jan 2010
L. Moss (Bucks. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I bought this phone because my previous phone had a battery which seemed to require recharging daily. What a joy this new phone is........recharging only once a week. It is a phone that works well, simple to use with large buttons to press which are a treat for my post middle age fingers. I did not buy it for the camera but the resulting photos seem of good quality. The phone, being a Nokia, seems well made. My only criticism is that the buttons being in a stainless steel finish, in some lights are difficult to read.
A good phone at a fair price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Nokia Fold Mobile, 15 Nov 2009
Aneurin Jones "Max" (Pontypridd, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
Delivered the next working day and easy to get started. Carried over all my data from my previous Nokia 6300 using my computer and the Nokia PC Suite programme. Easy keys to use with my big fingers and a clear screen display. Feels like a more expensive phone and could be used out of the box without need for a full charge before switching on like all the others I've had. In fact the first full battery charge lasted for days more than expected. A good value phone for general use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flippin' great!, 10 Dec 2010
Sam Quixote - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I bought this after owning a series of disappointing phones - a touch screen Smart phone was just too expensive (I'm never that far away from a computer to justify the exorbitant internet prices on the phone), and the Sony Ericsson had such poor battery life and reception that I just gave up on it. So I was looking for a phone that has just the basics - good battery life, good reception, and be able to accept my SIM card and pay as you go plan. I was recommended this by a friend and am finally glad to be able to own a phone that has all that I ask of it!

First off, battery life. It's been literally a week since I've charged it and it's only gone down one bar (out of four)! I've made several calls on it, dozens more texts, and it's still going strong!

The call reception is fantastic. I can clearly hear the other caller and often have to turn the volume down on the speaker.

It's a very durable phone. Because it folds in half, you don't have to worry about locking the keypad, and the overall design means it can take being dropped more than once (as I've accidentally done twice) and still be in fine working condition. It's also a pleasing sleek black design with a screen on the front which lights up when you've closed the phone to display the time and anyone calling.

The buttons are large and responsive which makes texting a breeze. It's also got internet capability, a camera, and all the little pieces you'd expect (alarm clock, calculator, games, etc.) but compared to Smart phones, it's very basic.

But basic is what I wanted. I wanted a phone that can make and answer calls, and send the occasional text and function as an alarm clock. This phone does all that, and very well too. If you're looking for this plus superb battery life, this is the phone for you. I've got no regrets at all and am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia 2720 phone, 5 Dec 2009
T. C. Clulow "tom c" (cheshire, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
Simplicity in a case, easy to use, easy to handle and a perfect phone for those wishing a straightforward phone, camera and music player, recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone home, 7 Jan 2010
TonyD "biotone" (Up North) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I bought this to replace another basic Nokia where the keypad had given up the ghost. It's a good phone, does all the basic things well (I've always liked the Nokia menus anyway) and holds its charge for a reasonable time. Good clear display, and the folding mechanism isn't too flimsy.

.....and I have since bought another one for my wife - still very pleased with this Nokia and thoroughly recommended as a good basic phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a basic handset, 19 April 2010
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I ordered this handset a few months ago on the back of the good reviews it received on amazon.

I was looking for a sim free basic phone that i could use with my o2 sim card.

The handset is very easy to use, looks fine for the price and has the usual text and call functions. I like the option of being able to select a favourite contact for texting. This saves time having to select the contact from your contact list.

The only down side to this phone is the camera. I did not purchase the phone for this facility and would not advise anyone to buy this phone if they are planning to use it as a regular camera. The few pictures i have taken have been very grainy and dark.

Overall its a great phone for the price. I recommend taking a look at it on utube too as the video clip on there shows the phone in action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia 2720 Mobile Phone, 8 Jan 2010
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
The Nokia 2027 does exactly what it says on the packet - it is very simple has not got too many bells and whistle so is easy to use to make calls and text. I like it because I can actually use it without having to put on my specs, which is a god sent when one is out and about and there us a need to use the mobile. We bought one for my partners mother who is 83 and she is finding it easy to use too. That I think says it all. :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic phone - perhaps too basic?, 12 April 2010
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I purchased this phone because I wanted a simple phone with a long battery life. I was also looking for clear high contrast keys, clear sound and a loud ring tone. This phone delivered all of that and if you are looking for a similar set or requirements then you should seriously consider buying this one. My negative point may well be irrelevant to you if you do not travel a lot.

For such a good phone why only three stars? It would have been four stars if the charger socket had been one of the new mini USB style connections which is the coming standard - but you need to carry the custom charger that comes with it and buy another custom charger for the car. My car GPS, mini camcorder and my MP3 player already use the standard socket which requires only one set of chargers to service all three.

Most other initial issues I had with this phone can be put down to the quality of the documentation - which is patchy - and the sometimes complicated and unexplained menu options - common an all such devices I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'simple' phone!, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
Bought this for my mum a couple of days ago; she gets a bit lost using mobiles generally, so she was looking for something simple with large buttons and a camera- this meets the specification really well and is a very reasonable price.
Was going to buy her the new phone that's just been brought out for 'older people' in carphone warehouse that cost about £40 more, but this is just as good/simple and much more stylish looking- she's really pleased and so am I. Transferred her sim and she's away....Can increase font size so she can read it even when she's not wearing her glasses and so far have received 3 texts from her, which is more than have had from her in the last 2 years!

Nokia 2720 Fold Sim Free Mobile Phone