Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 15 December 2009
I went to see this film with a few of my friends at the cinema, and we all agreed it was the best comdey we'd seen in a long time! There are so many funny lines, and Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler are excellent, you wouldn't have thought it, but they really are! The film is very predictable, but then; what film isn't? A lot of comedies/romances are, so it didn't ruin the storyline for me. There are also a few sweet bits towards the end of the movie, so when I wasn't laughing, I was busy watching the sweet, romantic parts. This is, admitedly, a completely positive review, but I think the film deserves that, it may not be right for everyone but I certainly enjoyed it and will be buying it on DVD in the near future.
I found this movie to be both enjoyable and funny. However, there is more depth to it than I had first imagined. The characters at first seem to be shallow but are more complex than you first think, which means this movie is more than your average rom com. The premise of how different men and women really are, is obviously a charicature of both sexes, however, you will find yourself agreeing with much of what is said. I enjoyed this movie and feel that any lovers of rom com will too. I would highly recommend it.
on 17 May 2010
Me and my husband really loved this film. He HATES rom-coms, I on the other hand love them, so finding something we can enjoy watching together can be tricky. Sure it follows a standard rom-com formula but all rom-coms do, where this was different was that it was hilariously funny, it has romance for the ladies and some good old crude, rude humour for the lads. Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler were perfectly cast as such complete opposites that you couldn't help but want them to end up together. If you don't like crass humour or foul language this is not the film for you but if you enjoy a good laugh, are open minded and know what men are "really like" you WILL enjoy this film. The cast had great chemistry, with the characters starting the film as typical male/female stereotypes and ending it having softened to show that every woman has a bit of man in her and all men do have a softer side.
Enjoy.....we certainly did!!
on 15 August 2009
I saw this film at the cinema and am ordering it in advance. There are so many funny lines in it that I am sure I missed some of them as they were so fast paced... very very funny and Gerard Butler is so much more attractive than the pretty boy in the film. The scary thing is that there is a lot of truth about the ugly truth too!!
on 23 February 2013
From the first scenes we all know what's going to happen and the only curiosity is how they will get there. Gerard Butler is a very convincing loud mouthed, uncouth and bitter man mentally scarred from previous experiences of relationship's. Of course, looking like he does women continue to fall at his feet even though he treats them despicably. Katherine Heigl, on the other hand is a successful producer who hardly has time for dates but knows what she wants in a man (and it's not him)! However, it doesn't take long and the journey is a sweet and comical one. The ending leaves a little to be desired but any fan of 'chick-flicks' will love it.
It is well acted and the dialogue roles along with a pleasing lilt. The lighting always makes the best of Miss Heigl's attributes and most pleasing to the eye it is and of course, Mr Butler keeps the ladies interested.
As said, it is rather predictable but is very rewarding for little thought input and a great way to while away 90 minutes.
on 12 December 2013
I bought this DVD because I feel a seasonal, weather-dependent yearning for light entertainment. And that is exactly what I got with this unpretentious comedy, classically devoted to the battle of the sexes.
As a male admirer of actress Katherine Heigl I had the privilege to spend a (digital) evening with one of the prettiest woman in Hollywood. Let me tell you that she is actually gorgeous, witty and definitely up to the task when it comes to challenge her obnoxious macho TV counterpart, convincingly incarnated by Gerard Butler. I appreciate above all the fact that she can display her talent without having to take off her clothes.
I love the dialogue because of its many killing punch lines. I love it because - not despite - of its foul language which probably reflects truthfully real restroom conversations bewtween sex-obsessed males. Totally enjoyable.
on 7 October 2010
I enjoyed this a lot - even though you know what is going to happen, i thought the story line was interesting and i identified a lot with the female character.
on 1 July 2014
When a romcom introduces a couple (in this case, a squeaky clean producer of a TV show - Abby - and a guy brought onto the show to peddle his political incorrect views about love and relationships - Mike) you just know (if you've ever seen a romcom before) that somehow against all odds this most unlikely of couples will end up getting it together.

There were so many scenes where I found myself genuinely unsure whether I'd seen this movie before or whether it simply reminded me of another, similar, one!

So is it worth watching? Well yes, probably, once - if only for one or two very funny and unique scenes. First among these must be the 'vibrating briefs' scene! And second must be the hopeless blind date that Abby goes on with a guy called Jim early on in the movie. Unfortunately part of this latter scene didn't make the final cut, but the whole scene can be watched under Special Features.
on 25 September 2010
I thought this film was brilliant gerard butler is incredibly sexy as well lol but he does speak alot of the truth and katherine is brilliant they both had very good on screen chemistry which made this film the most funniest and romantic comedy out there. I give it 10/10.
on 17 August 2010
This film is one of the funist film i have seen in a long time. I laughed out loud all the way through. And i have found myself very attracted to Gerard Butler after watching this.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!