4.4 out of 5 stars6,053
Size: 16 GBPackage Type: Frustration-Free PackagingChange

on 10 May 2011
After the scares about counterfeit cards (and Amazon briefly taking this off the shelf), the first thing I did when the card arrived was to run H2testw.

Here are the performance results using the Sandisk MobileMate Duo Micro Reader with SD Adapter I bought at the same time:

Test finished without errors.
Writing speed: 5.33 MByte/s
Reading speed: 13.0 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Pretty decent. Still - it took about 95 minutes to write to the entire card, and 39 minutes to read it all back.
22 comments26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2012
I have purchased many Sandisk items before and have never had any problems with the quality of their goods.

I purchased 2 of these from Speedy Deals and they were delivered quick enough.

That's the only good thing I can say about them. I immediately used one to load up videos for my phone and the folders were there, but hardly any data had been input into the folders. After scratching my head wondering what had gone wrong, I loaded one file at a time. All was well until I got to 1.90Gb of data - that's when my suspicions were aroused, so I tested them again. Same results...

They were really 2Gb cards that have been tampered with to show 16Gb of space on them. And I think this is where other people have had problems with them.

If you purchase USB flash drives or SD cards, download a program like "h2testw" and test their true capacity.

Speedy Deals refunded me, but let this be a warning to you all. There is normally a reason things like these are too cheap..

On a personal note, I will never use this seller again.
on 1 October 2009
i recently bought a 12 MP olympus camera and needed a memory card for it. not only is this the correct size, but it also lets me take 5200 photos at a 12MP definition, definitely a brilliant buy.
on 2 April 2009
I purchased this for a nokia 5800. I had a few teething problems which I think had been down to my performing a backupnrestore without performing a card format on the phone first. This resulting in the card loosing all data after a week. Since then though all has gone well and it has been a joy to have a card packed full of music and applications. This is only a type 2 card so writes are a bit slower than the more expensive type 4. I've noticed no difference in the read speed though.
Overall, decent value and does the job.
11 comment54 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2011
Memory card very good and fast. No problem for PC and for camera. Good during files transfer and immediatly accepted from Samsung Galaxy S2
on 26 March 2010
Mine just failed in my smartphone and is totally inaccessible after only a few months service, meaning that I shall have to spend 12+ hours re-installing software (fortunately most data was backed up). A search for this card reveals that there seem to be a lot of people with problems - it is even discussed on SanDisk's own website forums. What do you do if "reliable brands aren't reliable? I have standard SD cards which have been in use for years (one had been through the wash a couple of times and another spent a night being run over out on a wet road and are still working. Improved reliability on these new cards please!
33 comments61 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2011
The memory card started off fine. I had loads of photos, ebooks, music etc. But after a few weeks the memory card corrupted my files. Its impossible to delete. Really annoyed. Would have given it 0 stars if it were possible.
on 15 November 2011
This product is everything a memory card could be, card shaped and full of memory. Just the thing for remembering stuff on.
on 1 March 2011
There is another review here from a Dr Sharma, and I can confirm he is exactly right, I fell foul of the same fake card from ebay.

FYI The ebay seller in my case was 'Turtle Rock' who has now been excluded from ebay, but they'll probably surface somewhere with a different name. I did receive a refund.

However my card bought directly through Amazon is fine.
on 14 December 2008
Great product. Using the card for my phone and no problems at all. The first review says there are problems with the adapter, however this is not as bad as they make out by any means, there is a useful lock and unlock switch on the side, which enables you to stop the accidental deletion of files. And on the part of it being stiff to get the card out, you do not need long nails as the extruded part is only about 1mm in size, so no worries there, and it is relativly easy to get out, think it has got jammed once, but that was just because i accidentally pulled it at an angle.
Overally impredded at the value too.