Size: 26|Colour: Black|Change

on 19 January 2013
I've edited this review as I'm now absolutely furious at having had two inner tubes on two consecutive rides destroyed by these stupid things.

Got a flat while out, which dismayed me no end as I bought these to stop exactly that from happening. Managed to get home and investigated the inner tube. This thing had been wearing away at the inner tube while on the ride, this much was obvious as you could see a clear line where the tape had been wearing away into the tube. This caused a series of small holes along wear the edge had been rubbing.

Changed the inner tune and stupidly put the tape back in thinking this may have been a one-off, but exactly the same thing happened on my next ride.

This is literally the most abysmal product I have ever purchased, EVER. What is the point of buying something that causes the problem it is supposed to cure?

AVOID AVOID AVOID - DO NOT BUY THESE, YOU WILL LITERALLY BE WASTING YOUR MONEY.
on 7 April 2012
I used to get a lot of punctures with my mountain bike so I bought new tyres (schwalbe puncture resistant), new schwalbe inner tubes and this Dr Sludge tape. The results was increasing the frequency of the punctures ! After a while, by examining my inner tubes and the Dr Sludge tape, I realized what was happening: the Dr Sludge tape somehow moves inside the rim and rubs very hard on the inner tube. I removed it and the problem of getting punctures disappeared. I would not recommend it.
on 1 September 2012
I bought 2 inner tubes and this Dr Sludge Resistant Tape for Mountain Bikes.
I put only one new inner tube and the tape and after 2 weeks my tire was flat. I open the tire and I found that the tape scraped the tube and make a hole. I replaced the inner tube again and my tire was flat again after one month for the same reason. I put the tape following the instructions on the box.
So I gave up and bought new tires with puncture protection.
on 12 April 2012
Found the tape easy to insert despite other reviews. Used them once and got a puncture, admittedly a slow puncture but a puncture nonetheless. If you are considering buying them I wouldn't bother- look at alternatives and save yourself a tenner!
on 12 August 2011
This tape is designed for mountain bike tyres but it works equally well preventing punctures in inflatable tyres on a child's pram especially during walks down hedge lined country lanes (we've had more than a few punctures).
Hawthorn/Blackthorn has extremely sharp needles and they puncture pram tyres easily and this tape stops the punctures. Well worth the small effort to fit the tape. The 'old' pram is now the vehicle of choice because the tyres are puncture proofed!
on 8 March 2011
I got this for my mountain bike and so far I havent had a puncture which is good,The tape was fairly easy to fit but patience was definitely required as it wasnt a five minute job.The bike felt slightly heavier but I soon got use to it.I would say this is a great product and having the peace of mind on long journeys that I shudnt ever get a puncture is great.Top stuff.
on 25 May 2014
I've been using this item for a while now and although I've had not thorns or glass penetrate and cause a puncture the tape itself has done so by nipping the tube. To prevent this happening again involved a lot of chamfering of the tape end and covering with protection tape.
on 30 September 2010
It seems to be a really good product - better, I think, than the goo that you pump in.
on 12 March 2014
I have lost 2 inner tubes using this product. This item did not stop a puncture it created huge holes in the inner tubes causing immediate deflation. The item through movement has shredded strips of rubber of my really nice inner tubes. DO NOT BUY!
on 21 December 2011
I ride along a country lane to and from work. Twice I had thorn gone through the tyre and inner tube. then I bought this fitted to my Hybrid bike. Again a branch with thorn got tangled on the tyre but this time no puncture of the inner tube.I assumed the tape saved me from changing the inner tube. Tape is hard enough to prevent a puncture from a thorn or a splinter. Lets put this way, some protection is better than no protection. Kevlar tyres I use but thorn just go through it and give punctures.