on 12 February 2010
I have purchased several of these gizmos.....this one does just what it says ont tin! Easy to mount, clear wide view and fully adjustable. Longevity of ball mounting system (for removing mirror from mount), and the shiny mirror surface, remains to be seen.
I got my driving licence last year, and after getting used to the secondary clip-on mirrors on the wing mirrors while doing manoeuvres during training, I thought it made a lot of sense having some on the car after getting my licence too, and so I got these ones which look almost identical to the ones my driving instructor had on his car.

They work rather well, though now the adhesive aluminium foil that provides the mirrored surface has started corroding and become near-impossible to see anything in. I am sure this could have been avoided with a bit more care, removing them when washing the car, etc, and I'd not blame the quality of the mirrors for that, but it does mean that I need replacement mirrors less than a year later.

I am still getting the same ones, though. This time I'll remember to remove them every time the car gets washed.
on 24 July 2011
I bought this item to cover a 'blind spot' when pulling into traffic from a slip road. I have been able to see much more road area than I expected. a truly useful safety addition that I would recommend to anyone.
on 7 September 2014
SM1 is top of its class for someone who has a limited ability to twist his neck when joining a major road. I have had at least six over the years.
Pros - it is simple to fix to the wing mirror without blocking any part of it. It is easy to adjust. It will rotate 360 degrees horizontally and a far amount vertically so it will leave you no blind spots. No other similar product is comparable.
Cons - It is plastic rather than glass and the clarity does not last indefinitely. I suggest buying two at once. You need to remember to take it off before (not during!) the car wash. At nearly £6 it's fairly expensive - why not sell it in packs of four for ?£12? For geriatrics, adjusting from the normal wing mirror to the little one can be a visual challenge. It can scratch the surround of your wing mirror and is vulnerable to pointless theft, so always have a spare inside because you will get to rely on it. Halfords in Workington doesn't seem to stock it any more (in favour of inferior substitutes) so plan ahead if you have one which is getting worn....
I have thought long and hard about how the design could be improved but can't think if any way unless a manufacturer is to include it as stand on a model and have it controlled internally electronically, in which can it could usefully be bigger....
on 19 March 2014
I bought 3 of these to fit them on the wing mirrors of my wife's car as she was learning to drive. Very good product, worked very well. Only downside is it is very difficult to fix firmly tightening the screw. But the metal clip inside holds it in place.
on 25 August 2011
A very handy little mirror for that extra level of safety on the road. One issue having used it for a few months now is that the screw underneath to secure it has started rusting already. Would have been better if it came with somekind of rust proof screw or plastic cap or something to cover it; that said however I don't think it'll fall off anytime soon, has stayed put for a while now even at 60-70 mph. Also, only other concern is that the clamp does get in the way of the wing-mirror when you move it, so if you need to tilt your actual wing-mirror, it may brush-up against or even clip the clamp/the underside of the safety mirror...hoping it doesn't break everytime I use it!
on 3 February 2014
Bought these because I can't see the bays in a car park when I'm parking. Just gives an extra view of the floor that I couldn't see before. I can't park without them!
on 16 November 2013
My driving instructor has these on her vehicules(I`m taking refresher lessons after many years not driving).I`ve found them increasingly helpful especially on parking so asked for the name,came home and ordered two.They don`t obscure the car`s normal mirrors at all.Highly recommended.
on 4 November 2015
Just bought this and it fits my 307 Peugeot O.K. But why do you have to unpack this item to realise that it is only suitable for electrically adjustable mirrors.This allows enough space between the glass and frame to clip this item in place.There is no mention of this in the item description so anybody without such wing mirrors will have to send it back to Amazon or throw it away because it's too much hassle.
It's just not good enough ! There is no justifiable reason why this shouldn't be an essential part of the description supplied by the manufacturer PRIOR to purchase. Amazon should insist that such information is given before advertising such products.For lack of information it gets a single star from me........will probably work O.K. but buyer beware.....hopefully a one star rating will attract potential buyers to this review so they don't waste time and money IF they don't have the correct type of wing mirror.
on 20 May 2014
Most accidents are caused by drivers changing lanes and most wing mirrors show the road behind you but miss the important area just beside you as they pull out. These mirrors clip on to the edge of your wing mirror so you can angle them to just this spot. So in one glance, you can see if the road is safe for you to pull out into outside lanes. Only downside to these are that they don't last very long, they need to be replaced about once a year as they loose their reflective surface but at this small cost it's a small price for safety on the roads, (particularly the bit near you).