4.0 out of 5 stars One To Remember
'Memento Mori' is Flyleaf's second album.
Their eponymously titled 2007 debut was a fine
piece of work saturated with good dark energy
and given solid earthly form by their energetic
and wholly credible singer Lacey Mosely.
It was a raw, rough and ready affair which
pointed to a bright future.

The future is now and their new...
Published on 11 Nov 2009 by The Wolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting away with it
I thought the first album was fantastic but short so when I saw the track count on this, I was hoping my issue had been addressed. Not quite...

Published on 20 Feb 2010 by The usual suspect

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better, 18 Nov 2010
Marty (Basingstoke) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Memento Mori (Audio CD)
I thought Flyleaf's first album was pretty good. No doubt, Lacey's vocals mixed with the intricate guitar work and liquid melodies of this new album are just above and beyond anything the band have ever done before. For the first time I feel a connection to the lyrics and the tunes are kickass. I'd say this is my favourite female fronted rock band release this year; and that's up against the allmighty The Pretty Wreckless.
It's noticable that the band is heading in a more early Paramore-esque direction, but I think Flyleaf are a lot more promising - these tunes are awesome! Treasure, Arise and This Close are some of the best from the album and stick in your head in a really good way.
There's something unique about this band; the heavy rock/soaring vocals/haunting instrumentation combo just beats its' competitors by miles.
If you're a fan of Paramore, Evanescence or Stream of Passion you'll love this - gauranteed! If you're not, then you'll probably still get a lot out of it. 3rd album, please!!

5.0 out of 5 stars best album yet!, 24 July 2010
This review is from: Memento Mori (Audio CD)
This has got to be my favourite Flyleaf album yet. It sounds unbelievably fresh & unlike some other music going around just now. There's a song for every mood here & this album takes me from dancing to crooning to crying. I adore it! A must buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Triumphant second album!, 27 Mar 2010
This review is from: Memento Mori (Audio CD)
After a long time since the first official album stormed America and gave them gradually growing cult success in Europe, here is the second. It is not reallt too different from the first album, but that is no bad thing at all. It is just as catchy, with similar huge choruses, melodies, hooks as the first. There may not really be any tunes as huge and great as Fully Alive, All Around Me, or Cassie but a good many of the tunes are really great big stormin songs, with heavy riffs and uplifting positive lyrics once again. However they do stretch themselves musically, using different instruments, melodies, and the vocals are much more developed and used in more interesting ways.Fantastic return for a special heavy band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 10 Feb 2010
M. Brooks (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Memento Mori (MP3 Download)
Flyleaf are a rock band with a female lead with a very distinct voice and great guitar riffs. If you like Paramore or Fireflight then you will love this band. Their first album was great and fitted into the music of the time, but with Memento Mori they have stepped up and created an amazing album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!, 29 Jan 2010
A. B. Holmes (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Memento Mori (Audio CD)
Proberley the best album ive had in a while, Worth Buying. My fave track is 'This Close' :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow.!, 26 Jan 2010
C. Phillips - See all my reviews
This review is from: Memento Mori (Audio CD)
I have to admit I have only just heard about flyleaf but this album is awesome!I am a huge fan of paramore and although flyleaf are very similar, the tone in Lacey' voice is very unique and I love it. My favourite songs from this album are 'so close' and 'missing' which are abit slower and show off her voice alot which is why i love these but then I also love 'Swept away' as it is abit faster and has some beautiful lyrics. This album is a serious hit and I am going to listen to their previous album too!! Try and catchup up with their music :) They are incredible and I am hoping they tour very soon!
Natasha P

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 16 Jan 2010
Gemma Calvert - See all my reviews
This review is from: Memento Mori (Audio CD)
I bought this album shortly after it was released, as I had heard of them previously and heard some of their old songs, so I was eager to hear more of them and see if they'd improved etc. Memento Mori is an awesome album and I'd definitely recommend it to people that are fans of Paramore or Versaemerge. My favourite song from the album is most probably "This Close" people can relate to the song quite a bit I'd say. Also "Beautiful Bride" and "Again" are also great songs and I think they've chosen the best songs to make into videos from the album first.

Well done Flyleaf and keep up the good work! I hope to hear more from you!

Gemma C

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting away with it, 20 Feb 2010
The usual suspect (2nd aisle on the right, top shelf) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Memento Mori (Audio CD)

Memento Mori, really is an album of two halves. The first is fantastic, carrying on where they'd left off with the first album. The second half is a bunch of tracks that are there to make up the numbers with a completely different sound. They don't fit in with eachother or the rest of the album.

It's a shame because the first 8 tracks or so, showed some great promise and it's worth buying for owners of the first album. If we want we can mix the two together to make a decent length epic album. I can't see that MM will bring many new Flyleaf fans however.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 4 Dec 2009
Ms. B. Fox "becki" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Memento Mori (Audio CD)
this album is aweseom! theres some great songs on here so check it out! rebecca f

Memento Mori
Memento Mori by Flyleaf (Audio CD - 2009)