5.0 out of 5 stars A return to form for Cooking Mama
Published on 25 Dec 2009 by Sean OToole

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE BEWARE
DOES NOT PLAY ON DSiXL CONSOLES.

Published on 5 Jan 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to form for Cooking Mama, 25 Dec 2009
Sean OToole (Derby, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
After enjoying the first game on the DS, I was glad to play the second, until I actually came around to playing it when I found that the developers had taken a giant leap in the wrong direction, making the game feel just... without finesse, and rather clumsy. However, they seem to have ironed out a lot of those problems and Cooking Mama 3 is a definite return to form for the series.

The basic idea of the game is the same as always. You need to cook something, and Cooking Mama is there to help you do it. There are several modes, some of which will walk you through how to do the tasks whilst some leave it up to you to figure it out. The challenge mode is good for a quick play at some sections whereas the Let's Cook is better for playing for longer, as it is made up of lots of little tasks. The Let's Shop is a nice addition and a welcome break from the cooking action.

The graphics are very good for the game, and the sound is very at home in the type of game it is. For those that liked the first game but weren't so sure about the second, this is a definite return to form and you won't be disappointed again. A definite must buy, very fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars A hard game!!, 29 Dec 2009
Dobby (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
According to my daughter, Cooking Mamma 3 is defo a lot harder than the other two.

There is a wide range of activities,that is not available on the other two games. You can shop for the ingredients, play mini games such as, cooking contests with other players. To do this you have to connect consoles. You can also transfer items from Gardening Mamma, to use in the Cooking Mamma game.

There are better recipes, and when you "ccok" the recipes, you can use more utensils to do so. Such as whisk, oven, sink and put rubbish in the dustbin!!! Yay!!

There is a better range of items that you can win, when you get bonus points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooking Mama 3, 20 Feb 2010
Mrs J D (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
excellent game for all ages and not as easy as u would think as its graded at a 3+ group

4.0 out of 5 stars Very addictive, can't-put-down fun!, 18 Feb 2010
pemmers (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is the first Cooking Mama game I have bought, and admit wasn't sure about it as wasn't too sure what it was all about... but I love it! Very addictive, lots of mini-games of the "just one more before I switch off" variety.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game bought so far, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Bought for my 6 year old daughter who has quite a few games but this is her best one so far. My 4 year old son can play it too and she loves it. In fact the wife is also a little addicted to this game. There are lots of different tasks you can do in this game and over time you can 'win' / open new games so it keeps the kids entertained for a long time. The game is cleverly put together to ensure that you get a good return on your money by keep the kids engaged for as long as you need them to be. Great for a long journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic cooking fun, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
My 6 year old daughter saved up for this third in the series cooking game. We have the other two and she still loves it. There are new games and trophies this time and all new cookinig techniques and meals including being able to select your own ingredients. Great value from Amazon.. this buy was £6 cheaper than anywhere else and came promptly. Great.

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE BEWARE, 5 Jan 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
DOES NOT PLAY ON DSiXL CONSOLES.

While I have played and enjoyed the previous 2 Mama games on my DS Lite, I found that after changing to a DSi XL due to my failing eyesight, the games no longer worked. I discovered this after I had bought the new Mama game. Now you would be expecting the developers to have sorted out the issue for the new console but unfortunately for Mama fans they have not, all I got was a black screen and an error message! It will still work on the older DS lite consoles so if you've given away, sold or ditched your old DS then sadly you'll need to borrow a friends to be able to play this edition or the previous ones.

I would have liked to have known this fact before I actually bought the game and wasted my money so PLEASE PLEASE can software developers and marketing agents please take note that this is a glitch or serious oversight on thier part that needs fixing and at the very least tell us on the packaging which console versions it will work with!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, 20 Jan 2010
Becky D (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Bought this item for both my nieces for Christmas, they loved it! Even the female adults couldn't put it down. The additional features like being able to go shopping, making up recipes, kept them busy for hours!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game. My two daughters love it, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Fantastic game. My two daughters love it. They never get fed up of playing this game. Good value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too good, 25 Jan 2014
L. Mitchell (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
My 7 year old daughter said she doesn't like this because you get stuck on different levels and don't know how to get past them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS)
Cooking Mama 3 (Nintendo DS) by 505 Games (Nintendo DS)