4.0 out of 5 stars No issues after the first 7 months
I've only had these batteries for 7 months, but initial impressions are OK. I haven't noticed any difference in the capacity compared to a genuine Canon battery, and they fit the camera just as well as the originals, and charge as normal. I had to give them both a charge for an hour or so on delivery, before the charger green light came on.

I was not willing to...
Published on 24 Nov. 2012 by Banquos Ghost

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasts about as long as the original.
1. Although clearly stated in the description that there is no 'memory effect', the instructions/manual that comes with the battery states that there *IS* a memory effect. This is clearly confusing (and potentially misleading) and needs to be clarified.

Published 14 months ago by Shahid Malik

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars No issues after the first 7 months, 24 Nov. 2012
This review is from: WEISS Camera Replacement Battery NB-4L Li-lon for Canon Digital IXUS 70 / 75 / 100 IS / 110 IS / 120 IS (Accessory)

I was not willing to pay the ridiculous price Canon are asking for their battery and this Weiss product seems to be a suitable alternative so far.

The fact that this is a 'German' product instills some confidence, because I'm always wary of unbranded Chinese products of unknown provenance.

Update, June 2013: Batteries still performing well after 7 months of regular usage, They have been indistinguishable from the Canon parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars NB-4L Camera Battery, 8 May 2012
I purchased this battery for use with my Canon camera as an extra to save the hassle of taking a battery charger on holiday. I used it on a recent trip abroad and it proved to be an excellent purchase, it appears to be on a par with the Canon NB-4L in terms of performance without the additional expense

4.0 out of 5 stars Good results, 28 Aug. 2013
Used in an S100. Used regularly, takes a good charge and fits the camera ok. If anything it's very slightly tight in the camera housing but only to the extent that it doesn't fall out when the spring clip is released.
Charge capacity seems good, actually giving better meter response from my camera than the Canon original which dies about five shots after going to 'two bars' on the battery capacity indicator.
Good enough for me to buy one for another camera ...
Only complaint is it didn't come with any kind of box/cover so it has to live in a small self-seal bag in my pocket to stop it shorting out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value non Canon replacement, 25 Feb. 2012
I have been using this battery pack for a few weeks now, I have had no problems with it not noticing any difference in battery performance compared to the original Canon pack tbh. Good value just buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 16 April 2013
J. R. Connor "jim" (London. UK) - See all my reviews
Weiss have consistently provided excellent replacement batteries for my cameras. The quality is often better than the original.
You really can not go wrong with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mike, 4 July 2012
I was sceptical at first that this could be as good as the original Canon battery.
I have to say it is and this is the second one I have bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original, 3 April 2014
A. McKenzie (Gloucester, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought so we could always have a charged spare available, and I didn't see why I should pay £40 for a Canon original (and hopefully not get sold a fake) - the Weiss has performed at least as well as the original Canon battery. No problems fitting into battery slot on camera (Ixus 230HS).

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasts about as long as the original., 22 April 2014
Shahid Malik - See all my reviews

2. I did not find the battery to hold charge very well - a fully charged battery stored carefully in a pouch + plastic case (i.e. away from the environment) discharged over approx. 3 hours of use when I used it 3-4 days later. Not impressive at all.

I would not recommend it, because I was hoping for a much better product than the Canon battery, but it was pretty much the same.

Yes, I *know* that what it says in the description, but bear in mind that my Canon battery had been in use for about 6 months when I got this battery, so I'm not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 14 Jun. 2013
Nicely presented in a box and is identical to the original Canon battery . After 3 months use performance in charging and longevity of charge seems no different to original A very good value replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly as it said - what more can you ask., 7 April 2013
Kevin Kelly (London, England) - See all my reviews
Great battery, fitted perfectly and no problems charging it. Charge held well and battery provided good usage in camera.
Recommended. Thanks for your good service.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›