5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 for Seniors Dummies
Published on 15 Feb. 2011 by E Claire Morgan

2.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies
This Book contains no information on Windows Live Mail( Microsofts feature for Word 7). All the Author considers is the use of Google Mail.(Google mail may be his Favourite but is not everyones)

Published on 8 Jan. 2010 by Mr. A. A. Maggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 for Seniors Dummies, 15 Feb. 2011
For a few years now, I have played around with a Laptop computer with a distinct lack of enthusiasm because of my inefficiency with the Product--Having received a new and much updated version for Xmas I decided to take it seriously--This book is taking me step by step through the whole process and I am loving it--it's helping me to open up whole new vistas. Would recommend it 100% to anyone !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 90 year old novice!, 22 Aug. 2012
K Wren "KWren" (Wye Valley (England/Wales border)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This has been the perfect purchase for my 90 year old father-in-law for whom I've just bought his first laptop (Toshiba Satellite C855-11F 15.6 inch Laptop(Intel Pentium B960 2.2GHz, 6GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium). Although keen to learn, having never used a keyboard in his life and having no experience of 'new technology', it's all a different world for him, but this book is a clear and gentle introduction for him.

It's very clearly laid out, written in a very easy to understand style and explains everything - how to click a mouse, what files are, what the taskbar is and does and how to connect to the internet. It really is very simple and assumes absolutely no prior knowledge of computers so is perfect for a complete beginner and nervously apprehensive novice.

Having bought and set up laptops for other elderly relatives, I braced myself in anticipation of the phone ringing non-stop with a worried voice panicking at the other end. Instead, to my relief and surprise, his few queries have been sent via email and, largely thanks to this guide, he's learning quietly at his own pace with the book to guide him through and give him the confidence to enjoy it.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone, young or old, with no computer experience but who wants to learn. It's also good for anyone with an elderly novice friend/relative and not a lot of time or patience to deal with an endless stream of very basic questions!

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 dummy, 4 Oct. 2010
I purchased this Windows 7 for Senior Dummies for my 92 yo father who has just bought himself a lap top for the 1st time ever, and i was constantly having telephone calls off him asking how to do this, and how to do that. But since giving him this book not 1 phone call. So definately a 5 star rating from me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Older Dummies, 24 Jan. 2010
Usual Dummies standard but sadly too basic. My fault, I should taken more care about the description.
Quality good, and delivery on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discovey at last!, 1 Jun. 2011
After a number of years only using email and Works I can now listen to music, download my photos and copy music to an mp3 player. It is so easy to follow the step by step instructions. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Duffers unite, 13 Mar. 2010
Francis J. Barron "suckey" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is perfect for those who are of a certain age and new to computers. At first everything is daunting, but the 'Dummies' book on Office 2007 is excellent. Easy to follow and understand and as my wife is the one I bought it for, it allows me to get on with other things instead of being constantly interrupted with "What does that mean and what do I need to do now?" questions.
Recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies, 8 Jan. 2010
Mr. A. A. Maggs (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews

I understand that the Windows 7 For Dummies does cover Windows Live Mail. I do not consider that I should have to Purchase this as well to get this information. Had I known this I would not have bothered with the Seniors Version.

Maybe the publisher of these Books would consider supplying a FREE supplement (extracted from Windows 7) for distribution to purchasers of Seniors Version

Because of this I cannot give this book a Higher Rating.

Tony Maggs

5.0 out of 5 stars What a helpful book - it explains everything very clearly ..., 2 July 2014
What a helpful book - it explains everything very clearly - no more problems finding out 'how to do it'! This pensioner is VERY impressed.

2.0 out of 5 stars May help computer newbies but not those who have previously used a computer., 7 Mar. 2015
D. Clews "David" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
I have found many 'for DUMMIES' books useful over the years but I was disappointed with this one. Buying 'for DUMMIES' one does expect absolute basics to be covered in very simple and easy to understand format. Why then do we need 'For Seniors' in the title? Are we uncomprehending of what normal DUMMIES can understand?
With that out of the way - back to the expectation of basics. I have been familiar with computers since the early 80's and my most recent build has a motherboard that is better suited to an operating system more modern than my much loved Windows XP. I installed Windows 7 and wanted a book explaining the basics and additions of THAT operating system - not a book that would be better titled, "Using a computer running Windows 7 for DUMMIES".
Chapter 2 gave me the sort of information I wanted re' 'Snap', 'Stack', 'Side-by-side' and 'Flipping' windows but this is available via 'Getting Started' within Windows 7 itself. I confess that at half way through the book I have given up with it but flipping through the rest of it there appears to be no mention of 'Windows Live Essentials" which is an additional free download from Microsoft containing 'Movie Maker', 'Windows Live Mail', and other items which as the name suggests - are essentials.
Bottom line - if you are new to computers and yours has Windows 7 installed then you will be happy working your way through this book (find out about Windows Live Essentials) but if you are moving on from an earlier version of Windows there are better and much cheaper books available.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, 4 Mar. 2010
G. Harvey (Southsea, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
it was what it says-for people that are dummies.
service was excellent