Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 11 October 2009
I think that anyone who can write a song about Phantom legs and Blinking Pigs deserves at least a listen! This groundbreaking album builds on the electronic/soul/jazz/ roots of the previous Little Dragon album to further develop their unique sound. Singer Yukimi Nagano's soulful voice is completely distinctive and of a rare quality. This album offers a diverse range of tracks, ranging from the eerie and ambient synth based first single, Blinking Pigs, to the more commercially aimed Run About, right through to the chilled out Come Home and Fortune. What I love about Little Dragon is their fresh sound, their music is a new genre in itself. You should definitely buy this album, and also the previous Little Dragon album, which includes underground classics such as Twice, Test and Scribbled Paper.
on 19 June 2010
Little Dragon is a band from Sweden composed of two guys and a girl who create a very aerial music. It's blend of electro and thick bass are really danceable though they can do real chill out tracks. The singer(Yukimi Nagano)has pretty basic singing voice but it fits perfectly with the atmosphere of the band. She can be joyful as she can be (I quote "Feathers") a whisper in heaven. All around great album some tracks are a bit weak compared to "Feathers", "Thunder Love" and "Run About". You feel the strong influence of the 80's in what the 80's had best to offer and they still keep it pretty actual and non cliché.
I recommend strongly the purchase of this album.
Btw, she features on two tracks of the new Gorillaz.
on 8 November 2009
I listened to little dragons last album 200 times and saw them live. When I got machine dreams, I didn't really take notice of the title, it was surprisingly electro. Memorising beats and the wonderful voice from the last album was kind of missing, I liked their last album, this one not so much, it grew on me after a few listens, then i got agitated when i listened to it, now i don't really want to put it on. I miss her voice and the double bass. Soon I will get the original Little Dragon which will make me feel much better.
on 13 April 2016
Love it!
on 3 February 2016
ace
on 6 September 2010
Great album, easy to listen too, great for a hangover/sunday afternoon. Looking forward to checking them out at Koko on the 23rd