4.7 out of 5 stars2,247

on 22 September 2011
This optical cable was delivered quickly and works very well with my Toshiba HD TV connected to a Sky+ HD box, and later, to a Virginmedia+ HD box.
on 7 February 2010
The cable appears to be of a good quality, connects and works fine.

Removing the cable from socket requires somewhat less force than other optical cables that I have. This can be a good thing (if you trip or pull, the cable comes loose instead of being damaged) or a bad thing (cable comes loose unwontedly). Not sure which is which, but it is anyway a minor thing for a cable running behind the shelf connecting rarely moved equipment.

Unlike other optical cables, the protection caps are not tied to the cable, and must be stored separately when the cable is in use. Then again, I want to use the cable rather than storing it.
on 25 January 2011
I am a qualified electronics and communications engineer.
This is an excellent product. It works! No need for other expensive / rip-off leads, such as Monster etc...
With fibre optics, you don't need all the fancy high quality materials as you can get in copper leads.
If the light bounces down the fibre optic cable, it will work.
Just don't bend optical leads too tightly if you need to coil up for neat installation / storage, as this can damage the refractive (light reflection) nature of the lead, which will cause problems.
My Sony amp detects Dolby and DTS signals from my BluRay player... what more do you need?
on 3 December 2012
Pretty good build quality and length is an advantage. I digital signal I get from the other side is exactly same as the signal I put in this side - so can not complain. Have used with very high spec blue ray player and TV and for Music DVDs, does the job perfectly.

I had been fooled to pay £35 for the same type of cable by a salesman in a showroom (different brand) with some gold plating and all. But you definitely do not need all that. This is all you need.
on 12 October 2010
Does the job at a decent price and is nicely finished. Fits standard optical cable apertures where the actual connector is recessed.
on 5 November 2012
Ordered product on Thursday afternoon and it arrived (Royal Mail first class letter post) in my letter box early Saturday morning. Brilliant!

A well made and well packaged product which I used to connect the optical audio out on my LG TV to a new Yamaha YAS101bl SoundBar System with Built-In Subwoofer - Black - see my separate review.

An excellent matched pair of products!
on 23 June 2011
This cable is superb value.
I bought the cable as a replacement. The one I had already has lots of problems:

(a) it was beautifully made with a gold-plated metal shroud
(b) it needed to be dismantled to remove the shroud in order to fit most equipment chassis sockets
(c) it fell out all the time

But - optical cables don't need to be very fancy - you don't need a metal shroud or anything gold-plated.

The XO Digital Optical cable reviewed here is made of plastic & rubber, but very robust.
It fits very snugly into equipment chassis sockets with a firm "click".
You do have to push the connector in hard - but it will never fall out.
Excellent product.
on 5 July 2011
Excellent purchase. Arrived within a couple of working days. Brought this as my previous toslink optucal cable had begun to fail and crackle each time the surround system was turned on. sometimes no sound at all. Fitted this new one and hey presto. Back up and running superbly. No need to spend a fortune on other cables this one works just great. Used for Panasonic surround via optical switch
on 6 August 2010
Good product at a good price. Works as well as the 1 metre cable I bought with the system I was interconnecting at a quarter the price. I was surprised to receive quick service with free post and packing.
on 27 May 2013
Having seen from other people's comments that there was no optical cable included with the Samsung Sound Bar, I ordered this at the same time. It arrived promptly and does what it is intended to do - link TV to sound bar. For me, the lesson from all this was that it pays to read other people's comment carefully before you go ahead with a purchase for had I not done so, I would have been unable to enjoy the benefits of my sound bar without a visit to a shop - 30 mile round trip or a completely separate further purchase from Amazon taking another couple of days. I hope that someone in the Samsung company reads this and realises that they are spoiling the ship for a halfpenny worth of tar by not including an optical cable in the sound bar package - hope springs eternal!