1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, 9 Sep 2011
David Ware (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: H3 Tactical Men's Commander Silicone Strap Dive Watch H3.302231.09 (Watch)
I received this watch only a short while ago however thought I'd leave a review as I could find any when I purchased this item!

Firstly this watch really is a great looking watch; it's got clean lines and an easy to read dial, despite looking a bit cluttered in the pictures the design in no way affects or distracts your vision from reading the dial quickly and accurately. For those of you who like a heavier watch this one feels plenty heavy enough without you feeling like you're doing a gym workout, however if you want something that you cannot "feel on" then this isn't for you. The actual watch size to me is perfect, it's not small but then it's also not oversized as with a lot of today's brands, so those with smaller wrists/hands like me don't look ridiculous wearing it and neither would someone with gorilla hands! Nor is the watch too deep in depth and it sits at a nice height off the wrist, not in space as some G-Shocks do.

The sapphire crystal glass makes the watch face look flawless and also sits flush with the bezel eliminating that "dome" that some watches have. The bezel turns in an anti-clockwise direction and has a very distinct and sturdy sounding click whilst turning. The crown is of the screw variety, again turning anti clockwise to release and then you pull out half way for the date and full way for the time as is standard with most watches I've owned.

The Tritium.....to those dis-believers it really is as good as they state and in full darkness glows and looks amazing. All the hands including the second hand include tritium vials, green in colour on my particular model, with green hour markers on the 1-11 hour markers and orange ones on the 12 marker and also 0 marker on the bezel. I've seen watches such as Luminox that have had larger tritium vials, but in my opinion this can make them look a little "disco tech". This watches style is a huge pro if you work in a military/covert/firearms world as it doesn't draw to much attention whilst still being fully workable. This watch also feels and looks far sturdier and expensive than the Luminox varieties I've seen in the flesh as well.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend this watch to anyone wishing for a tactical, sturdy, good looking watch. Don't be put off by the silicon rubber strap either (soft but strong and sturdy feeling) as this one is probably the most comfortable strap I've worn having experienced nato's, bracelets, leather and "tough" rubber straps over the years.

So why only 4 stars? This is due to one thing mainly; the numbers and outer bezel are made of normal luminescent, the daylight charge variant. This wasn't the case in any night images I looked at and I feel it makes the watch look a little less crisp, although I'm sure it'll be a bonus to some wearers, this does seem to wear out after around 30 minutes though. Also the minute hand is quite large on this model and at first seems to distract from the hour hand, but with wear I'm use to this now.

Not sure how well the time keeps yet as it'll take a while to figure that out........

A little long I know but these are points I found myself looking for in the reviews that I couldn't find!