5.0 out of 5 stars A very good investment
I'm only got this yesterday, and damn it can cry! The only improvement it could make is to add the 9V plug with it aswell. I recomend this Item to anybody and everybody from beginner, intermediate and advanced guitar players.
Published on 30 Oct. 2010 by crashbandicoop

3.0 out of 5 stars ok i guess
its ok I guess, the on off switch is VERY hard to switch, you basically have to stand on it to get it to work.. as for the pedal, mines squeaked like a mofo.. I put some 3 in 1 oil on the rocker shaft.. now its ok..

if using a battery, u have to unscrew all 4 feet to put it in.. very silly design..
the wah its self is ok, but not really deep, ( sweeping)...
Published 11 months ago by rob12770

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good investment, 30 Oct. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on performance for the price tag, 25 July 2011
This review is from: Vox WAH845 Classic Wah Pedal (Electronics)
A great robust and all round wah pedal. Sure it's not as versatile as a Zakk Wylde pedal but for those blues licks and a bit of heavy metal solo work, it's easy, battery lasts for ages if you don't have a power supply and by goodness it's a rugged unit! Also if you unplug the guitar lead (I think or possibly the amp lead) this pedal switches itself off.
You want a good quality, low cost pedal for general pub / club abuse, buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great investment!, 20 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Vox WAH845 Classic Wah Pedal (Electronics)
This pedal is great for the price! It is easy to use but you can use it to a very advanced extent, it's perfect for any guitar player! It sounds great and looks great too. It is a Vox so I know it is well built, and it meets up to expectations as it built like a tank(You could probably run this thing over and it would still work!)! The only downside is that you have to go into the pedals circuitry just to put the battery in however, there isn't really another way around that so Vox couldn't do much to fix that.

Overall, this is a great pedal and I would recommend this to all guitar players of any level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good... feels good... and will soon (fingers crossed) sound good, 2 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Vox WAH845 Classic Wah Pedal (Electronics)
Purists will say this Chinese copy of the original Clyde McCoy (as used by Hendrix) is cheap and nasty and not a patch on the 'Made in USA' wah wah. Well, I'm not a purist - a realist, yes - so I recognise that instruments and kit made in China can be at least as good as US stuff (much made by immigrant labour anyway) and that there is nothing magical about American soil... though many Yanks think there is.

My pedal arrived today - one day earlier than forecast which I thought was pretty good. My first impulse was to unscrew the back to have a look at the components. The PCB looked ok and the moving parts seemed adequate - perhaps not as meaty as a vintage pedal but certainly up to the job.

So what does it sound like? Before I comment - I would like to say I have seen a simple mod on Youtube to darken the tone of this pedal if it is too bright. Well, it is extremely bright - you might even say brittle. I will make the adjustment tomorrow which simply involves loosening the nut that holds the pot in place and rotating the pot slightly towards the front of the pedal. There is another mod to replace 2 or 3 bits of the circuit but I don't want to take the soldering iron to it if I can help it.

So I give it 5 stars on the strength of this mod doing the trick and because I like the look and feel of it - it is a sturdy piece of kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must For Any Guitarist, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Vox WAH845 Classic Wah Pedal (Electronics)
This is a great product. I would have given it 5 stars but for the fact that it doesn't come with a mains adaptor, which is an absolute must if you want to save on the cost of batteries. It doesn't even come with a battery, which these days you might expect. Anyway, get this with the adaptor and you can make that guitar cry, no matter what standard of guitarist you are. Great fun and a great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Average/Good, 7 July 2011
Rhys.J (Portsmouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vox WAH845 Classic Wah Pedal (Electronics)
For a lower end priced wah pedal, the Vox v845 does the job well. It's well built and seems like it could put up with a beating. As I've said, for a low end wah it sounds good, but there doesn't seem to be much middle frequency when using the wah. The low frequencies or high frequencies dominant respectively and independently, making the smoothness of changing between low and high a bit sudden, but I mostly use it for clean/funk/jazz riffs or boosting solos, and it does the job. The pedal eats batteries also, so investing in a 9V adaptor would be a wise move.

4.0 out of 5 stars A different wah wah experience, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Vox WAH845 Classic Wah Pedal (Electronics)
This wah has a harsher, honkier tone than I'm used to. I went for it because of price and the Vox name, I've always used Dunlops up till now (25yrs.) but fancied a change. I tried a basic Morley, but it didn't 'wah' enough and was quite pricey. The tone of the Vox in isolation is a bit disconcerting, the harshness/distortion reminded me of an old Colorsound I had over 30yrs. ago. It might not suit everyone, but in a band setting it suits me very well.
Conclusion: If your'e looking for a 'sweet' wah, this might not be for you, if your'e looking for something a bit different, this pedal is well worth a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars May be the best., 9 Aug. 2014
R. E. Pearce (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vox WAH845 Classic Wah Pedal (Electronics)
This may well be the best... I have modified mine as per the 'Web' and now its even better. No buffer with these, so added a true bypass switch. 56K input R (Gain), 47K R Coil and 2.2K Peak adj. Sounds very similar to original but the gain is now better balanced for On/off bypass. Funny thing is this one Cries as well (Pun really). Surface mount tech so be careful Part numbers don't match schematics (845) either so be very careful. But what a Pedal with or with out the mods. And the the price.... Cast alloy housing as well!

3.0 out of 5 stars ok i guess, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Vox WAH845 Classic Wah Pedal (Electronics)

the wah its self is ok, but not really deep, ( sweeping) .,no adjustment is available..

Amazon UK were TERRIBLE at delivering this.. lying , saying it was not in stock when I ordered it.. but it bloody WAS !
Amazon UK have gone down the toilet.

but, my star rating is for the product only..

as I got it on sale for £36 I will keep it.. I wouldn't pay any more though..
ok its a VOX but is not VOX quality.. like everything now its made in China..cheapo crap..
looking at the geared rocker on the potentiometer.. its PLASTIC.. I doubt it will last. They USED to be made from metal..

it looks like VOX are yet another company guilty of putting profit before product..and that's very sad :(

update, sent it back, just not using it, the quality is below par..

5.0 out of 5 stars WOT A WAH-WAH, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Vox WAH845 Classic Wah Pedal (Electronics)
tremendous value,,,,,,,sturdy,,,,,well made,,,,,,,sounds great,,,,,,,,,does what it says on the box,,,,,,,and a great addition to any pedal board, especially if you are into retro soul/funk,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›