on 21 September 2011
I wanted to know if this would be a good fit and of good enough quality for repeated use. Turned out to be fine on both counts.
on 3 March 2013
I was quoted about £80 to replace the rear cassette on my bike, I bought this for under a fiver, and removed the cassette easily. I also purchased a chain whip with a new 8 speed cassette all for under £20. So have a go yourself, and save money.
on 27 February 2012
Good price.
1 star knocked off as it is not a tight fit in cassette locking ring, but still worked ok undoing and tightening it up.
on 11 December 2012
It works
It is much cheaper than big brand versions.
It feel like it will last a lifetime.
Combined with an adjustable spanner it will allow you to replace the cassette on shimano hg wheel.
on 27 January 2012
This does exactly what it says it does and is of reasonably high quality. However, I'd like to see a version with an insert for a torque wrench.

I had to buy a 26mm socket to use with it, which surprisingly wasn't that easy as all of my local car parts / DIY stores only stocked 24mm or 27mm. Luckily I ended up finding some in a Swedish hardware chain store with the initials CO.
44 comments5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2015
Good quality tool and does the job, you need a 1''AF/1/2'' square drive socket to fit it if you want to use a torque wrench for fine tuning, but that is no problem.
Very good quality cassette removal tool ... Works a treat with my Shimsno HG50 gear.

I was lucky in that I had the correct sized socket, but my large adjustable wrench would have done the job too.

It will only get used once or twice a year, and with care should last years.
on 8 June 2013
This is a very good product for those passionate about their bike and are not afraid in taking on repairs that are generally difficult but this little tool will definitely simplify the tasks ahead. Love it!
on 10 February 2013
Essential for rear cassette removal. Delivered very early so no issue with the supplier either. Keep your old chain to assist in the removal of your old cassette or buy a very robust chain whip.
on 2 January 2016
The tool came within the specified time and I have used a handful of yikes and and have had no problems with it. It has worked flawlessly and feels sturdy in hand and when using it.