5.0 out of 5 stars DEFINITELY A MULTIMETER
Published on 25 Mar 2010 by Mau

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the quality I was expecting
Published 13 months ago by BernardC

5.0 out of 5 stars DEFINITELY A MULTIMETER, 25 Mar 2010
This review is from: DIGITAL MULTIMETER W/TEMPERATURE - PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL MUTLIMETER - CE (Electronics)
In my opinion the HP-9804 is truly a multimeter because it just about measures everything. It has very good ranges for measuring AC and DC voltage and current. Also a good range for measuring resistance. I found it very useful for checking car electrics; also very handy for everyday use like checking batteries when a piece of equipment suddenly stops working or why the voltage is not reaching the satellite dish motor. For those people interested in electronics the meter can be used to check transistors, diodes, capacitors, resistance and some frequencies as well as voltage and current. It has a temperature measurement which I was not sure of its use but it came in handy when I needed to check my input and output pipes of my central heating system. I found this meter great but for a little extra cost I would have loved a pair of crocodile clips to be supplied with it especially for measuring current. Just a little note, when trying to install the battery you have to remove the snugly fitted blue rubber cover first. Goes back in easily; I found it better to insert the long side of the meter in first. Also the measuring probes have a precisely fitted cover for protection when not in use. If not removed you won't get reading. I know it happened to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Malty Meter HP-9804, 30 Jun 2011
I find this Digital Malty Meter HP-9804 Perfect for the thing It is capable of the only thing the audio on the
Continuity must be louder for me as I am a little def.
Yours
Thomas,

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the quality I was expecting, 29 Oct 2013
Given the price and the other reviews I was expecting this to be much better. I now realise that the previous reviews here on Amazon are for a different model, the HP9804 not the HP-760B. I have only used it for some crude measurements (voltage and temperature) at this stage and it has been fine. I will test it against known quantities later. The DMM seems OK except that the battery compartment is tricky with two fiddly screws and does not close fully when a battery is in place. The test leads are very cheap and do not come with covers so are likely to give inaccurate readings as they age and oxidise. The thermocouple temperature probe is also very cheap and only ranges upto 250C. The DMM says it goes to 1000C so I will have to get another probe for it. Lots of googling shows its a K type thermocouple so any K type will do but I will have to graft on 4mm banana plugs. This could be a really good DMM with lots of functions but some poor design and cheap accessories let it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 15 Jan 2013
Very easy to use, clear display. Temperature probe is a good added feature, Decent sized carry case. Will get lots of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap as chips and very tasty, 16 Feb 2014
Good to use, I especially like the backlight which also illuminates the selected scale on the dial. Excellent value, I use a Fluke meter at work and this does more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 Jan 2014
Simon Skinner (Penge, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have always had a cheap meter, as I use it a lot I decided to buy this as it covers a greater range.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 1 Dec 2013
Use most days for work and so far all is going as you would expect from this type of product. No thrills just doing its job!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as my first meter, 1 Dec 2013
Bought it recently with super saver delivery and to my surprise it was delivered couple days later on Sunday.
Been playing around with it for all day and I find it to be a good multimeter. Only thing I'm missing is auto range function which is very common now in multi meters. Design is great, digits are big and easy to read, screen lits up bright and a light on a dial might be useful in dim locations. As this is my first meter I like socket locking safety feature so I will not make a mistake putting a probe lead into wrong socket. Summarizing, I'm not a professional user and new to electrics, but think I will get a good use of it for my hobby and DIY needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice looking multimeter, 30 Nov 2013
It looks nice and worked fined when I used it about three times so far. I havent checked how accurate are the readings.
I like:
the look
backlit display
beep for continuity
all std functions are here, i dont care about temperature, havent tested how accurate that is.

I dont like
the housing for the 9V battery. the leads have to be bent and in my case the insulation on them wore of rapidly
that the test leads come without cover and without clips

4.0 out of 5 stars Functionally excellent!, 11 Nov 2013
Would have given this 5 stars had it not been advertised in 'black' but delivered in 'white' - Don't like deception however minor and besides, white goes grubby!