on 17 January 2013
These really are premium shoe trees. The box itself gave me the impression of high quality before I had even got to the actual shoe tree. The shoe trees themselves are highly crafted and have a lovely woody smell from the Canadian red cedar. The finish is very good, super smooth and they feel quite heavy, strengthening the quality feel. In use they have gone straight in too an expensive pair of Ted Baker shoes that I own. They are easy to adjust so they fitted snuggle and make sure my shoes keep there shape. One point I have to make is that the picture makes the shoe tree look a little more pink than they actually are. Although being natural wood I do know the colour can vary.

To sum these up - I would say a very high quality product that oozes quality and is made well enough with out a doubt they will last for years, helping keep your shoes in tip top condition.
on 20 April 2013
I bought a pair exactly like this on the high street, and wanted another. When I saw these at this price, I simply had to have it!

I've had different types of shoe trees over the years, and I really like these. The sprung elements are firm and resist pressure nicely, and help keep the shape of whichever shoes you put them into. Granted, not all shoe trees will have the same shape as the shoes you put them into, but given the alternative - no shoe tree, and therefore no way for the volume of the shoe to be maintained in storage - I'm happy to slide these into almost every pair of shoes I have.

The Cedar smell when you open the box is wonderful. These shoe trees come wrapped in a felt cloth, and the finish on the wood is nice and smooth.

A sterling feature of these trees is the brass handle that makes carrying the shoes a breeze. I really like that, and the handle also makes taking the tree out of the shoe fairly straightforward as well.

Getting the trees into the shoe is a breeze, because the tree is articulated in the centre - you could probably put these fairly easily into a boot as well, if so inclined.

This is a great product at a great price (when I bought them), you won't be disappointed.
on 19 March 2013
These are good shoe trees and much better value than the £70-£80 offerings from high end shoe makers. You do need to watch the sizing though. I take 9 1/2 (43-44) in a wide fitting so bought a size 9 (43) shoe tree which should fit. They would not fit into the majority of my shoes though (Churches, Crockett & Jones etc ) despite being stamped size 9. They would probably fit a soft Italian design but were just too tight for traditional English designs. So - if in doubt go for a smaller size: the two halves are sprung anyway so they will fully fit the shoes. 4 stars for the product but not the full 5 because of the German (?) oversizing.
on 16 April 2013
I ignored other reviews mentioning the size issue, but had to return the size I originally bought because they were too big for my shoes.

I originally bought the size 10 trees, but they were too big for my size 10 shoes by about an inch, I bought the size 9 and they fit tightly in my shoes, although the springy middle section is all the way in, meaning the two pieces of wood are pressing against each other, I'm no expert but it seems like there should be a bit of 'spring' left if the size was right?

The quality is very good, strong joints and a nice quality wood. I would recommend these, providing you get at least one size lower than your shoes.
on 19 March 2013
I have ordered a size 8 for my size 8 shoes but it takes a huge effort to insert the tree in the shoe.
The product seems of good quality but I think their sizes are just wrong. Maybe that's the reason of the discount but it is very stupid as it could be easily avoided. They could simply mention in the description to order one size (or half a size) less than the size of the shoes.
I would go for a 7.5 or 7 if I was to order again. In fact I fear that these ones I have here may even ruin my shoes due to excessive pressure.
on 22 January 2013
I purchased these shoe trees after investing in some decent shoes (for a change). The quality of these trees is immediately noticeable, the cedar is nicely dried and the shoe itself is very well crafted. The slip-lock mechanism that allows you to fit the tree into the shoe is very sturdy, and feels very solid.

Great quality product, will be buying again from Seeadler.
on 24 January 2016
I bought a size 10 to go in to a new pair of size 10 shoes, but these shoe trees didn't fit - They were too big. With a bit of swapping around I still managed to use them in another pair of shoes which were Chelsea Boots so I will be keeping them, but I don't think I buy another pair either. For the money, I don't think they are particularly special and for another £3 (so £25 in total) I could have bought a pair of Barkers shoe trees which are very good indeed.
on 11 November 2015
This works wonders. I just leave them in as soon as I get home and over the course of 2 weeks my new shoes fit and feel just right.
About what size to buy...
Some of the reviews suggested that buying one size below was the best thing to do. I did this for a size 8, buying a 7 but it was a little small. I have to use 2 in-soles to get the correct tight fit for the stretching and fitting i want. I think buying an 8 would have fitted it well. So there is no hard and fast rule on what size you buy, taking into consideration the above.
on 17 January 2013
When you buy quality shoes you need quality care, this product is what you want. Great quality wood, ideal for a good complete shoe tree, fantastic price for a premium product.
on 29 January 2015
These are pretty good - Not as nice as the ones you pick up in store in old leather shoe shops, but that is to be expected really.
Quality product for the shoes you are not overly fussed about but would like to keep in good condition.