5.0 out of 5 stars Should be more famous than she is
One word - amazing! Paloma Faith's voice is so different but catchy. Not only does she master pop-esque tunes like her own "stone cold sober" but she has a fantastic soul voice - hense why Jools Holland likes her so much. "Smoke and Mirrors" is my favourite song, as it's full of glitz and glamour and just fantastic to listen to. Of course, New York was the song that has...
Published on 19 Oct. 2010 by Emily

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Voice...Bland Arranging...Overproduction...Disappointing
Having not seen any genuinely 'talented' and original artists on the scene for decades, I was quite impressed seeing Paloma Faith on TV. What a breath of fresh air she is. Her voice is actually expressive and she demonstrates a feel and understanding of the mastery of singing. Her style is strange, original and fun. Paloma's confessions of, "I've always been a bit...
Published on 11 Sept. 2010 by Khaartoum

‹ Previous | 1 2 357 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Have Faith in Paloma, 12 Dec. 2010
Glamorous looking and with a voice of many parts, Paloma Faith grabs your attention all through this cd. From the raunchy "Stone Cold Sober" to the yearning of "My Legs are Weak", Paloma sings songs of loving and loss, lies and heartache. Her lyrics are life itself, her music varied enough to make every track on this cd stand alone with independent identity. I heard her on the radio, listened to samples on Amazon, and bought the cd. Enjoyed every minute of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent album, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful? (MP3 Download)
MY DAUGHTER (13-14YRS) HAD BEEN GOING ON ABOUT PALOMA FAITH FOR A WHILE NOW. I SAW HER A FEW WEEKS BACK ON THE ROB BRYDON CHAR SHOW. I WAS CAPTIVATED BY HER PERSONALITY, QUIRKY CHARACTER AND UNUSUAL ALMOST UNIQUE MUSICAL SYTLE. BOUGHT THIS ALBUM THE NEXT DAY ON IMPULSE. REALLY REALLY LOVE IT - NOT TAKEN OUT OF THE CAR YET.
BEST TRACK FOR ME....SMOKE AND MIRRORS AND UPSIDE DOWN. BEYONG THAT I LIKE THEM ALL EQUALLY, NOT A BAD/WEAK TRACK ON THE ALBUM

5.0 out of 5 stars SHE'S WON ME OVER, 26 Feb. 2011
Wasn't sure what to make of Paloma for a while,quite liked some of the songs but wasn't convinvced enough to buy the album. Then after the radio played the songs countless times i found myself not getting bored,but really starting to get into her songs. She really is something quite special,as this album shows. Every song is a top song,and the songs i wasn't sure of for several months i now really like. Lovely singing,songs that are quite odd in some ways but also fascinating,and though short,this is a short album i am glad i took a chance on. As soon as i looked past the odd clothes she loves to wear and started to really listen to the songs,i found myself realizing i was wrong to think she was an over the top attention seeker with some okay songs. Every song is sung with passion and conviction and though some are more memorable than others,the lesser songs are still very impressive. so in my opinion,this cd is a very honest truth,it's also something beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stumbled upon this album and can't stop playing it, 18 July 2010
S. Millinship "Ermintrude" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
A fab album with historical musical styles but also bang unto date. Great lyrics and Paloma's vocal style fits perfectly. One of my post played albums, New York gets better with every listen, upside down a nice upbeat number but checkout the Cahill remix on the single for a more dance version. It's old,new, quirky, sad, happy etc, etc. One of my favourite albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living upside Down, 2 July 2011
Hi there. I had never heard of Paloma Faith but I had heard the catchy
track "Upside Down" which led me to purchase the CD from Amazon.
You will not be disappointed if you place an order.
Paloma Faith is young, beautiful and has the most fresh sounding voice I
have heard from an artist for some time. I think she is BRILL and this is
coming from a lady of 59 years.........!!! I blast "Upside Down" in my car
and nearly know all the words now lol. Rest of the tracks good too!!!
Don't let my age put you off, order it for yourself and I am sure you will
pleased that you did.............FAB CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks. I'll have something beautiful., 5 Feb. 2011
Distinctive sound. Well written songs. Rich production and a great voice. The album Duffy wishes she'd made to follow up Rockferry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paloma Faith - Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?, 9 Oct. 2009
A Kid's Review
I bought this album and It's brilliant! Her two singles Stone Cold Sober and New York sold it for me! If you like Amy Winehouse then you'll love Paloma Faith. She's got a voice slightly similar to Amy but a lot more smooth and clear. far better than Amy Whinehouse. She's a cross between Amy W and Noisettes. It's one of my fave albums of 2009 and is a large hitter to all those dancers. Move over amy cause here comes Paloma. Excellent album! 5 stars all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 9 Mar. 2011
CT "dvd addict / bookworm" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is one of the best albums I have bought in a long time! Paloma Faith has a really unique, strong sound, I can't think of anyone to compare her to, and I think the repetitive Amy comparisons might put some people off wrongly. I bought the album after falling in love with Smoke & Mirrors on the radio, but I now love every song on the album just as much, in my opinion there aren't any weaker songs and nothing that lets it down.

There is a mix of music on the album, some songs that will really get you going, some real heartfelt stuff, but this album never fails to make me smile. I drive a lot in work and always get bored with music, but there are days I literally drive around all day without taking it off!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little cd, 12 Feb. 2011
K. Williams (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
I'm in my 50's and finding it difficult to track down music I will enjoy - so much is sad and slow and dreary. But Paloma Faith is wonderful. I have really enjoyed this music. A super mixture, bright and beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paloma Faith - brilliant, 14 April 2010
It's about time we had a brilliant new female artist to talk about. This album is filled with edgy melody and kookie lyrics - I love every track but wait until you hear Upside Down....turn up the volume

‹ Previous | 1 2 357 | Next ›