Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 10 April 2010
Created by the dynamic Quenia Ribeiro for beginner and intermediate students, in her "Welcome" portion, Quenia says that even if we are just starting out, we will learn by repetition, and if the movements are too difficult at first, to "...modify them to suit your needs."

The 2nd part is a super-stretchy, extensive (approximately 20 minutes) and effective warm-up. Beyond learning the samba on this DVD, this warm-up would serve as a superb workout for those who just want to get in some daily yoga based stretches and poses for agility and strength building.

Quenia then takes the choreography in sections, repeating until it becomes familiar, and then, when putting it all together, steps up the tempo bit by bit. The steps themselves are simple, but you can get a fantastic aerobic workout by the time you're done. Only the most athletic will survive the final top speed version, but it's great to watch Quenia and her 2 assistants, Nao Yamada and Lisa Green, move with such blazing gusto. There is a lovely cool-down at the end, to catch one's breath, and savor the enjoyment of dance. Well produced and with percussive music by Nick Birmelin to keep us going, I like that this DVD can be played straight through, or be used with the menu by sections.

Quenia has so much energy, charisma, and Brazilian charm, that she makes working up a sweat a delightful event. She is both at the same time incredibly strong and as limber as a rubber band, and watching her is a joy. She is also extremely knowledgeable, so you know you're learning to dance from the best of the best, and most of all, as she says, "Have fun!"
on 4 April 2011
I purchased this DVD to increase my fitness levels, tone a little and in hope of improving my somewhat terrible coordination with this and a few other activites. This DVD in particular I have really been very impressed by. The warm-up is long and thorough, but even alone, provides a brilliant workout and as an added bonus, is slowly stretching my little hamstrings! At first I struggled to keep up and some things I simply couldn't do, but over a short space of time (where I had fun learning, and quickly achieving my goals!) I am now managing the DVD at the slower pace just fine and practicing until I can do them all together at the faster speeds. Quenia is a wonderful instructor, and provides a well explained, rewarding and most of all, fun workout. I shall definately be purchasing more of her DVD's once I have mastered this one! :)
on 7 July 2012
the warm up goes on for about an hour so is like a work out in its self. But do a light warm up and the first and middle work out (that last 30 mins all togater) Gives you a good work at and there is no way you will not be sweeting after!!
on 31 October 2015
Having loved Quenia's Samba Cardio Workout DVD I had high hopes for this one. Unfortunately you haven't a hope of getting a cardio workout here unless you are extremely unfit. Samba reggae is a mainly improvised style made up from simple steps. They are broken down in great depth here which will be useful if you have no dance background at all but really tedious if you do. She keeps stopping which means your heart rate will just go back down again. The music is good and I can only recommend you do the warm up, skip to the Fast Workout section which combines all the moves, and then cool down - that way you'll get a short sweet fix of samba reggae and your heart will actually do some work!
on 26 November 2015
Several other reviewers were slightly scathing about this dvd and cited Quenia's cardio samba dvd as being a superior cardio workout. I agree that while you're learning the routines on this dvd you're not getting much of a cardio workout but once you know them, there's no reason why you can't do them (non stop) on your own then join Quenia for the medium and fast tempo sessions. That's what I do now; it works out to be around 20 minutes of virtually non-stop cardio at that point.
on 26 February 2015
I love the warm up and the main exercise routine. Great moves and explanations with humour in there also. My daughter & I haven't got to the end of the dvd without stopping yet but we hope to sometime.
on 3 February 2012
I bought this dvd when I was in my last year of Uni and going through an 'exercise-at-home-to-save-time-and-money' phase. I needed the living room to have enough room for the dancing! Quenia Ribeiro is sweet and mad at the same time, she starts the routine slowly and puts it together logically with enough repetition - and then there's a medium-paced section, and then a really fast section at the end. The warm-up and warm-down are both really thorough and enjoyable, and she is so flexible!! The music is fun and this is a challenge - I was definitely sweating by the end. All in all, fun, challenging, and as long as you don't mind dancing around the living room like a mentalist and your living room curtains are closed, then it's great!
on 30 June 2013
Loads of fun! Found myself laughing out loud a few times! I did work up a sweat but i'm pretty unfit! Deffo felt like it did something for me and my 3 year old son loves to join in too :))
on 18 December 2011
Great value for money. The dance instructor very detailed in teaching. Very enjoyable DVD and music. Happy with the purchase.
on 11 January 2015
Bought this before Christmas and I used this for the first time last night. I was very disappointed because of the extremely poor quality of music and sound. The actual dance steps and work outs were very repetitive and in my opinion quite boring. I would not recommend this at all even for basic users.
I would like a refund or exhange it to another product but I have not done this before . I have been a customer of amaZon for several years and have not been disappointed with my purchases before .
Please let me know how to return this item, and might get a refund or exchange of another product.
Can someone from amaZon customer service give me a ring pleAse.
Many thanks.