4.0 out of 5 stars Drawing pens do the business
I bought these to use for sketching. I find them good for quick sketches with the choice of tip sizes allowing heavier or lighter effects.
Published on 7 Mar. 2010 by Gavin Mcewen

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
Published 10 months ago by Marand

4.0 out of 5 stars Drawing pens do the business, 7 Mar. 2010
Gavin Mcewen - See all my reviews
This review is from: uni-ball Pin Drawing Pens Assorted Tip Sizes - Black, Pack of 5 (Office Product)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 26 Aug. 2014
Marand - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I tried these as an alternative to my Rotring rapidograph technical drawing pens - I know that the Rotring's have a sterling reputation but I just don't get on with them terribly well. These Unipins aren't bad although the ink takes much longer to dry than the Rotrings so you have to be careful moving ruling edges, set squares, etc.. Unfortunately some of the pens didn't last long before the ink ran out so, despite the initial cost of the Rotring pens, they would probably prove to be more economical. Also, the pens aren't quite as precise. I am now trying out the Staedtler fine liners which, so far, I prefer to these Unipin pens although their longevity remains to be seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are waterproof !, 1 Feb. 2012
My quest was to find the ideal drawing pen for my new art project,using acrylic ink washes over a drawn outline.I had bought different drawing pens on the information that they were permanent and waterproof,but on testing them they disappointed.The pen lines would smear leaving the coloured of the ink wash dirtied.I decided to give the UNI PIN DRAWING PENS a try,at last my quest is over! They do what they say they do.Assorted tip sizes,0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5 and 0.8.The 0.1 tip is probably too fine for what I need.I don't know if they do packs of just one size tip,but it would be good to be able to buy the one you use up most rather than all five sizes each time.Having said that they are great,I put them to the test,washing coloured ink over the pen lines,the drawing held fast,no smudging, the colour wash stayed clean.I washed the page with water and left it to soak,the pen lines still held fast.Yes they are disposable but are cheaper than buying an isograph and I prefer the smoother flow of the Uni Pen. It's like a car ,finding the one you prefer to drive. I have found my waterproof drawing pens!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thumbs Up!, 12 Jan. 2010
A. F. Picariello "art student" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
These pens came much sooner than I thought - I was expecting at least a week, but I got them after just a few days.
You can see the difference between nib sizes when drawing, which is great for inking the different parts of your picture, and at the same time, they aren't so different as to look weird together. Plus, the nib size is clearly displayed on each of the pens, so you don't have to take all of the lids off to work it out. They alos seem very good queality, and durable.

I am very happy with these pens, and they are definitely going to be useful in anything to do with art. I would definitely recommend this, especially if you deal with a lot of lineart or comics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful, 12 Nov. 2011
I draw a lot and these pens are just perfect for what I do. You can see a clear difference in the size of the nibs, which I tested almost as soon as I got them, and they are fantastic for sketching or doing a final outline. I use the .1 the most out of them all and so far it has not run dry (and trust me, I use it a lot). The .8 and .5 are great for drawing around finished work, making the picture pop out, and the rest - while some are used more than others - are wonderful for effects and detail.

To all those hesitating to buy this set, I say go for it. These are brilliant and I certainly one hundred percent recommend it to everyone out there, from budding illustrators to master artists. Five stars and two thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great range of pens - starter pack., 20 May 2013
Definitely suitable for those who wish to explore a range of nibs - very much a starter pack.
Would definitely buy this make again, however I would choose my own prefered nib sizes by then.
A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars sharp pens, 23 Oct. 2013
value for money, i find that it gives drawing a good finish. The ink isn't too runny and doesn't smudge as i have found some other pens do. Value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value pens, 19 May 2013
These pens would do exactly what they say on the tin, if they came in one!
Great value selection of drawing pens. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars suuweeet, 22 Nov. 2012
The pens are great and I have no complaints they were a cheaper alternative to a set of Faber Castell ones and I can't say there is any difference in the quality of the product, the texture on the actual pen is quite nice and they are easy to hold so your wrist is less likely to ache if you're drawing for long periods of time and I'd definitely purchase them again. I don't know how long these pens last, mine haven't dried out yet though and I've used them an awful lot.

Unfortunately the were just rammed into a parcel that also contained a sketchbook I had ordered and they'd just wound it in loads of tape which meant my sketchbook was damaged.

The product is great although next time I'll make sure I order them on their own.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pens for sketcing, 29 Mar. 2014
I spend a lot of money on pens and I am always looking for new pens to work with. Excellent water resistant pens - great for drawing and using watercolour paint or ink washes on top. Do not bleed and allow for creative mix media sketches. A good range of pen nib widths. I loved exploring the different styles and mark making techniques that could be achieved by each pen. These pens work well on smooth paper, but can be a little bit scratchy on cartridge or anything rougher. That's not a deal breaker, because you don't always want a super smooth line, but you need to know what you are getting.