I spend a lot of money on pens. I am an illustrator and comic artist and I am always looking for new pens to work with. These pens work well on smooth paper, but can be a little bit scratchy on cartridge or anything rougher. That's not a deal breaker, because you don't always want a super smooth line, but you need to know what you are getting.
The ink is a good...
Published on 14 July 2010 by Peter Coupe

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pens for sketcing
Published 5 months ago by Andreia

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good overall, but I would need to get them as singles next time., 14 July 2010
Peter Coupe (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Uni Pin Drawing Pens, Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink (Office Product)
The ink is a good black, and scans well, but can take a moment or two to dry, so keep your hands away from drawn areas!
I will be buying .3, .5 and .8 for my daily work, so the other sizes were a bit superfluous for me - but I'm sure I'll find a job for them all the same!
I'll let you know later how long they last!

4.0 out of 5 stars Drawing pens do the business, 7 Mar 2010
Gavin Mcewen - See all my reviews
I bought these to use for sketching. I find them good for quick sketches with the choice of tip sizes allowing heavier or lighter effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful, 12 Nov 2011
I draw a lot and these pens are just perfect for what I do. You can see a clear difference in the size of the nibs, which I tested almost as soon as I got them, and they are fantastic for sketching or doing a final outline. I use the .1 the most out of them all and so far it has not run dry (and trust me, I use it a lot). The .8 and .5 are great for drawing around finished work, making the picture pop out, and the rest - while some are used more than others - are wonderful for effects and detail.

To all those hesitating to buy this set, I say go for it. These are brilliant and I certainly one hundred percent recommend it to everyone out there, from budding illustrators to master artists. Five stars and two thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thumbs Up!, 12 Jan 2010
A. F. Picariello "art student" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
These pens came much sooner than I thought - I was expecting at least a week, but I got them after just a few days.
You can see the difference between nib sizes when drawing, which is great for inking the different parts of your picture, and at the same time, they aren't so different as to look weird together. Plus, the nib size is clearly displayed on each of the pens, so you don't have to take all of the lids off to work it out. They alos seem very good queality, and durable.

I am very happy with these pens, and they are definitely going to be useful in anything to do with art. I would definitely recommend this, especially if you deal with a lot of lineart or comics.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are waterproof !, 1 Feb 2012
My quest was to find the ideal drawing pen for my new art project,using acrylic ink washes over a drawn outline.I had bought different drawing pens on the information that they were permanent and waterproof,but on testing them they disappointed.The pen lines would smear leaving the coloured of the ink wash dirtied.I decided to give the UNI PIN DRAWING PENS a try,at last my quest is over! They do what they say they do.Assorted tip sizes,0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5 and 0.8.The 0.1 tip is probably too fine for what I need.I don't know if they do packs of just one size tip,but it would be good to be able to buy the one you use up most rather than all five sizes each time.Having said that they are great,I put them to the test,washing coloured ink over the pen lines,the drawing held fast,no smudging, the colour wash stayed clean.I washed the page with water and left it to soak,the pen lines still held fast.Yes they are disposable but are cheaper than buying an isograph and I prefer the smoother flow of the Uni Pen. It's like a car ,finding the one you prefer to drive. I have found my waterproof drawing pens!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value pens, 19 May 2013
These pens would do exactly what they say on the tin, if they came in one!
Great value selection of drawing pens. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great range of pens - starter pack., 20 May 2013
Definitely suitable for those who wish to explore a range of nibs - very much a starter pack.
Would definitely buy this make again, however I would choose my own prefered nib sizes by then.
A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars sharp pens, 23 Oct 2013
value for money, i find that it gives drawing a good finish. The ink isn't too runny and doesn't smudge as i have found some other pens do. Value for money

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pens for sketcing, 29 Mar 2014
I spend a lot of money on pens and I am always looking for new pens to work with. Excellent water resistant pens - great for drawing and using watercolour paint or ink washes on top. Do not bleed and allow for creative mix media sketches. A good range of pen nib widths. I loved exploring the different styles and mark making techniques that could be achieved by each pen. These pens work well on smooth paper, but can be a little bit scratchy on cartridge or anything rougher. That's not a deal breaker, because you don't always want a super smooth line, but you need to know what you are getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 15 Jan 2010
lovely pens and although there are not being used for Technical drawing - it is nice to choose your line thickness