4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy, easy to assemble
Our one month old has enjoyed looking at this charming toy and, to my surprise, moving the beads along the side bars, - this was the first time he had - to our knowledge - tried to move things of his own accord. He's too small to reach the bits at the top at this point, but still seems entertained by it.
The toy seems stable, so although we supervise him, I don't...
Published on 16 Aug 2012 by Elizabeth P

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made but did not work for us.
Published 15 months ago by OlgaZ

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made but did not work for us., 6 Aug 2013
OlgaZ (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playshoes 307143 Activity Centre Baby Gym from Playshoes (Baby Product)
We bought this baby gym when our daughter was around 1 month. It did entertain her for some time although she could not reach the toys at the top. The distance between the feet of the gym is quite small and from around 3 months if not earlier she started moving about a lot more and ended up stuck between the bars and moving with the gym... Now she is almost four months she is turning over and I cannot leave her underneath it any more. She still cannot reach the toys at the top. So not sure which age this gym targets. It is beautifully made but did not work for us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy, easy to assemble, 16 Aug 2012
The toy seems stable, so although we supervise him, I don't think there's any rish he could knock it over.
It's easy to put together, simple, nice and colourful, makes a lovely change to plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
My little joy lives this it keeps him entertained for a good 20 mins. Bliss!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab toy for new baby!, 21 Jun 2014
I love this! My 4 month old really enjoys lying on his back looking up at the hanging toys, and reaching out to play with the toys on the side. He also uses it when sitting in his bouncy chair, when he can reach the hanging toys on the top rail. Great toy, baby loves it! I will be buying for my sister-in-law when her baby arrives in december!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Gym, 1 Feb 2014
Well built and fits over any play mat can be used as a mobile for the baby then played with once baby starts reaching for toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars MADE IN GERMANY...great!, 2 Oct 2013
Wooden toys are my favourite and when I saw this one I wanted to get it for my LO. It came fast, and assembling it was easy and done in 10min. Ever since she and me are exploring the coloured wooden pieces. It's a bit of a shame there is no little bells or anything making noices on it as she loves chiming thingies...or maybe that was the point for this toy. :) anyway, we all like it, and it high quality makes it definitely worth the buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Packaging - Damaged Box, 8 Aug 2013
I bought this for a friend for her new baby, and I am embarrassed to give it to her as it looks like I picked it up from a car boot sale.

It's the second item I have had delivered, on both occasions the lack of suitable packaging has been appalling. It was delivered in just the one box with no outer box for protection. I only hope the gym itself is OK and undamaged. I'm hugely disappointed Amazon and expect a lot better from you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well played with, 2 Aug 2013
My son has loved this from day one yes you have to keep tightening the legs but what a tiny sacrifice for an amazing product so simple but he loves it. I didn't want an all singing all dancing over stimulating baby gym and he loves it and has from the day it arrived and I know it will last for when we choose to have another baby

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, especially for a gift, 25 May 2013
I bought this for my best friend who has recently had a little boy. It's really nicely finished and feels really secure when it is standing as well. It's ideal as my friend was given a lovely hand-made baby quilt too, and this can be put up on top of the quilt which they use as a mat. It's great for people who don't want one of the baby gyms with a mat included or attached. The baby is still very tiny but able to look at and reach the wooden balls and rings on one side of the frame, which he can move a little with a slight touch, so he can still interact with it. The dangling ones will be fun when he is bigger too. Delivery and packaging was good and it's also quite lightweight if you need to wrap it and carry it anywhere. Great for the price too, a very good purchase. Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars PlayShoes Baby Gym, 10 May 2013
Recently bought the PlayShoes baby gym for our 4 month old daughter. Product is well made, colorful and easy to put together. She loves playing with it, and it seems a great buy. However there is one big problem. If a baby is placed on the floor under the baby gym they cannot reach the hanging parts, and I don't think she will get anywhere close in the first year. They are hanging much too high and cant be lowered, a stupid oversight. The only way she can play is to put her on a couple of pillows to raise her up, or to place her in her Maxi-Cosi underneath it.

If this isn't a problem for you then it's a great toy.