5.0 out of 5 stars Safe and FSecure
FSecure is yet another in a long line of anti-virus and internet security programs that promise to protect you without slowing down your computer.

Published on 16 Feb 2010 by Paul B

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, but good.
I've been using this on vista & w7. I find it offeres excellent protection, is very good a removing things without damaging the operating system and is nowhere near as resource heavy as norton so it doesn't slow down your pc.

Published on 8 Dec 2009 by Mad Saint Uden

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, but good., 8 Dec 2009
Mad Saint Uden "Mad Saint Uden - it's an anagram" (Kent - UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: F-Secure Internet Security 3 User, 1 Year License, 2010 (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I have two little bug bears with it...in w7 once installed if you are running on a homenetwork this blocks it off so you have to 'faff' to get your network access...it doesn't ask or promt you it just blocks it. Also if you like to download files from the internet you have to be experienced enough to know that the reason this stops is that is closes/blocks some of your ports...the settings to open the ports are not logical so it might take a while to find, then you have to know which ports to open.

As such I wouldn't give this to my parents or brother in law to use even though I love it...they would be better off with webroot. I'm happy to use this though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe and FSecure, 16 Feb 2010
Paul B "-pb-" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I'm pleased to say that in this case the claims are true. From the simple install, where a first test for viruses is carred out, to the daily use i've been giving the software I've not had any trouble with it at all.

I've been using this on 2 Windows 7 computers, making use of the multi-licence edition here, and both have been working fine and as they were before the software was installed.

In terms of comparisons to other security software, the FSecure suite is a simpler affair than both the current Norton and AVG programs, but no less powerful. What the makers have done here is provide a simple set of options to the average user and then given a full range to those who really need it, which is the way these things should all be done.

The icon sits in your tray, constantly monitoring the computer and the internet connection and warning you of any potential issues. Double clicking will bring up a simple menu system with Status, Task and Statistic options. The latter is very useful in finding out what has been examined already using pie charts and also your subscription info. Tasks lets you perform an on-the-spot scan, update, open a Firewall port and sort out any files that may have been quarantined (giving you the option of deleting or retrieving should you think they are ok. None of these need to be touched if you don't want to though as the program will do everything for you automatically behind the scenes.

With added Parental control this package has really impressed me and the clean and easy to read design is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but a bit slow when scanning the whole system, 5 Dec 2009
Amazon Customer "BuddieHollie" (England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First you get a box with the disc in and a quick guide booklet. Upon installing you have to type in the 20 character license number. I had previously installed Spy Sweeper and it told me to uninstall this probably to avoid a possible conflict. It gives you an option to re start after it uninstalled Spy Sweeper but I said no as I was in the middle of installing internet security which was still installing. You can install this onto up to 3 PCs so I will install it on my Desktop, Laptop and Gran Childs PC.
For the review I will concentrate on this PC am using Dual Processor with 2 gigs ram. Incidentally I've just installed this on my Laptop PC with no problems during installation. Doing a full system scan took nearly two hours and this was only 3rd of the way I cancelled it in the end as this was too long on my half full 250 gig drive. What I like about the program is the user friendliness it shows everything you need to know on the main screen. You get your current status, Scan, check for updates, settings, tasks and Statistics. So far I haven't noticed any slowness in my computer in the last few days I've had this installed. It kept me informed of many sites to avoid which is great cause their is so much crap out there to avoid. The only gripe I have is it seems to take forever to scan the whole drive which you don't really need to do every day I know but once a week maybe so I will leave this till bedtime and leave the PC running while am asleep to carry this task out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite slow, and not sure it actually works, 2 Dec 2009
McStick (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While I may not have the fastest computer in the world, this suite has made it pretty much unusable while a scan or update is in progress. I know that all antivirus products will cause some reduction in speed, but this is definitely the worst one I've seen. For example, the equivalent of Norton's quick scan, which is the virus and spyware scanner, took 7 minutes to complete. Norton's version takes around 1 minute. While this can't be used to say F-Secure is 7 times slower than Norton, it does give an indication of the type of slowness I'm talking about.

In addition to this, I'm not actually sure parts of the suite are doing anything. I've turned on all the options available for e-mail scanning, but yet it still says on the home screen that it's turned off. Also, the e-mail definitions don't update. Having said that, the virus scanner does seem to work as the first time I ran it, it picked up some tracking cookies. While nothing major, it does inspire at least a little bit of confidence in the product!

With regards to the layout, everything is very clean and user friendly, with the home screen divided up into three key sections: Status, Tasks and Statistics. Updating is also automatic, as is normally the case, and there is an option to adjust some of the settings, such as the aggressiveness of the scanner, firewall activity etc.

Overall, it seems to be a fairly modern looking product, but could do with some major performance improvements. It'd also be good if the e-mail scanner actually worked!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than previous version and Windows 7 compatible, 28 Nov 2009
Darren Watkins (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to say this is the easiest to load software and least intrusive too.

Once you have loaded the software in and had a fiddle around (setting up when you want it to do a full scan of your system) it pretty much just sits in the corner guarding your PC.

You can scan individual files by right clicking on them, which I find is brilliant if you are downloading music etc.

As I have said it is compatible with Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit versions, it also works with Vista 32 and 64 bit and Windows XP with SP2 or higher. It requires 800mb free hard disk space and at least 512mb of RAM.

Another thing I like is that there is a note inside the box (which is another matter) that says if you haven't got a CD drive you can download the program from the website, which is great if you are using it on a netbook or similar.

Now, getting down to the packaging. The CD comes with an installation guide (which is 4 pages in English but has other languages which makes it over 100 pages long - and it just basically tells you to stick the CD in, register and then that's it) which takes up no room really. But for some reason they see fit to put it in a large box. And if you open it and wonder where the CD is, you then have to pull another box out of that box and it is in there. F Secure could reduce this packaging down to a DVD cover size, or even envelope size if they just sent you the serial number and told you to download the program from their website.

Anyway, the Internet Security checks (in real time) and protects against viruses, spyware and other malware, updates itself, has a built in firewall, has browsing protection so it protects your identity online, has a parental control system so you can help stop children looking at things they shouldn't and also has spam and phishing e-mail filtering.

I can really recommend this and will not be using any other anti virus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for low spec pcs, 4 Dec 2009
Runeweaver - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well another year another set of security systems,but do you have a new pc?
If you have an old pc that you are using some of the other security systems,like bitdefender or mcafee may slow your system down to some degree.
F-secure does seem alot less system intensive so it dosnt cause major slow down even on really old pcs,even slightly below the system spec on the box.
Installation is easy and idiot proof and dosnt have any problems with other virus software having been on your system,like some versions of norton which need a registry cleaning program to be run before installation.
firewall is pretty good,not the best but strong enough for any home pc,and the virus protection is updated regular so should be pretty good.
Overall reasonable price and good security even for older pcs

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet suite, 27 Nov 2009
Mr. L. N. Taylor "lntaylor3" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tested quite a few pieces of internet security software recently, in fact it's fair to say my PC has had more suites than Land of Leather! It seems that each new version gets bigger and clunkier, slowing PC's down considerably, and using ever growing amounts of resources. I've only been using F-Secure for a few days, but I have already seen a vast improvement in running speed, and it seems to be doing it's job just as well as any of the top named brands. I've been running it in conjunction with Websweeper because there seems to be a distinct weakness in identifying and blocking spy and adware. This is definitely something that F-Secure should address if they want to keep up with competitors. I would also recommend adjusting the firewall settings if like me you run into e-mail & site access being blocked for no apparent reason. I use a number of adware compromised sites, so the ad/spyware problem may not be an issue for most users. So, I give this suite the thumbs up, and would recommend for the price, ease of installation, and functionality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 27 Nov 2009
Mel - London - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd never heard of F-Secure before, normally opting for the better known Norton or Mcaffee products. I had no problem installing F-Secure, and unlike the previously mentioned products it doesn't seem to be constantly tying up the PC with idle time checks. I have noticed that it doesn't block some Adware, which can be a bit of a pain if you surf on sites that are littered with it. However, it seems to perform the rest of it's functions extremely well. F-Secure Internet Security comes with Auto updates direct from the F-secure website, Anti Virus, Anti Spyware, Anti Phising, Anti Phishing, a very good Firewall, and importantly for many users - Parental Control. It's also cheaper than similar products on the market. In the past when your yearly Norton subscription expired, you could continue to use the product without updates. However, I have noticed that the new Norton products completely disable themselves after day 365, making annual subscription crucial. I am hoping this will not be the case with F-Secure. I would definitely recommend this product based on it's performance over the last few days.

3.0 out of 5 stars Much improved over the older versions of F-Secure,, 6 Jan 2010
Whatchamacallit (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a regular user of the F-Secure Internet Security package until around three years ago when I decided that it was too cumbersome and slow to continue with. Actually, the straw that broke the camels back was that it developed a compatibility issue with some other software that I had installed, and it just had to go. Now, having tried this new version I can confirm that it does run a lot better than it used to and there weren't any compatibility issues that I was aware of either. F-Secure was always popular with some `techies' that I know as they seem to like playing with the settings but I prefer it to work straight away without any fiddling around. It is still a bit technical and although it works OK on standard settings I did change a few things to get it working the way I wanted.
All in all it seems good, but I do prefer the latest AVG package over this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars full protection suite at a reasonable price, 22 Nov 2009
s "s" (north west) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was using a top-brand anti-virus but was looking for a total internet security suite.This Product arrived offering real-time protection anti-virus,malware & spam.It provides deep scan,firewall,browsing protection,phishing & child protection.My Computer doesn't have a disc drive but this wasn't a problem as you download from the web address provided,input the purchase code and it loads onto your system in approx 10 mins.A full scan takes approx 20 mins.Updates against threats are automatic throughout the day.It all happens in the background and all this protection doesn't appear to use much resource or affect the performance of your machine.My only criticism is the user interface appears very dated and simply isn't as funky as others such as Kapersky or Norton.It's functional but doesn't look very appealing.If you devide the purchase price by the three machines you can load this Suite onto with the 3xuser licence,it's fair value for money.A better choice may be the 3xuser,2year licence also available for a few pounds more.I can recommend this Product but hope F-Secure will address the appearance of the interface for future releases.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

F-Secure Internet Security 3 User, 1 Year License, 2010 (PC CD)
Used & New from: 32.99