5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent laptop and weekend travel bag
I put this bag through its paces over the easter weekend, taking it from deepest Surrey on the train up to Preston and back whilst I visited the family. I usually take my laptop with me to do a bit of work and to fix anything my folks happen have to done to their PC so it was the perfect opportunity to see how good this back pack is.

On opening the delivery...
Published on 10 April 2010 by Mark H

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - Lifetime Warrany
After only a year and a half, the stitching started to break. I have sent several email and with no reply. It's a shame, as it was a great bag to use and having paid £45.00 I expect better quality and lasting longer. The warranty is not worth what it say.
Published 21 months ago by J Chung

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent laptop and weekend travel bag, 10 April 2010
Mark H (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

On opening the delivery from Amazon I was pleasantly surprised to find it was really well padded in the back and in the shoulder straps. Nothing makes a trip longer with a rucksack than having one that murders the shoulders once it is carrying a bit of weight. On having a good inspection of it the bag revealed a multitude of good sized pockets. The front of the bag has a large front flap that I found ideal for putting documentation in flat without having to fold it. On top of this big front pocket sit two other compartments, one above the other. The lower one has on its front a series of loops that I have been trying to work out what I might put in there. However inside the compartment is a very neat set of storage pockets. A velcro one for possibly putting a mobile in, several credit card sized little pockets and one of those mesh net style pockets as well. Certainly a nice flexible little compartment. The other smaller front compartment is a simple storage space with no other bits in it.

Obviously one of the most important parts of this rucksack is the main storage compartment and I found this to be excellent. I have a Dell Studio 15 laptop and the very well padded section for storing the laptop took that very comfortably. A very neat fit and made even more secore by a good, solid velcro strap that fastens over the top of the laptop. The padding was very good, both side very well padded to the inside of the bag and also the padding that sits against your back when carrying it. The other huge bonus with the main storage compartment is that it has a fold-down bottom to it. What this means is if you are on a short trip, say one change of clothes and the laptop, then you can keep the rucksack a bit slimmer by not folding down the base flap in the main compartment. However if you need to store a bit more in there then with the bottom folded down it gives a very good sized interior and makes packing plenty of stuff in there very easy. I was very impressed with it.

On the road this thing was really nice to carry. I live about 30 minutes walk from the nearest train station and the walk is a bit across country, up and down a hill or two, so a decent walk. With the bag fairly well loaded up it felt quite comfortable on the walk to and from the station. One design feature is that the back has a nice central channel that lets airflow down it and would stop things getting too sweaty on a long trek. As I mentioned before, the amount and good quality of the padding provided by the bag for both shoulders and the back meant I felt quite happy and comfortable. The range of compartments meant that on the train journey from London to Preston and back it was easy and convenient to have the PSP and such stored in easily accessible pockets. And as far as Virgin Trains are concerned this bag had no problems fitting on the overhead luggage shelf even fully loaded! All in all it was the ideal bag for me to use for that long weekend trip.

The all round quality of the build is excellent. Good materials used and it feels like a bag that is going to last a good while and be happy to handle just about any kind of trip you might make with it. I will definitely be using this for taking my work laptop and paperwork out and about when I travel with work. I would also not hesitate to take this with me when I go out walking or on short trips away as the capacity and quality are excellent even when not taking the laptop along. It is also of a size that it shoudl pose no problems as carry on luggage which can be very helpful these days.

All in all I am very impressed with this bag. Excellent quality, very secure storage for the laptop and flexible enough to be a really useful addition to the travel luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars is this bag made by Carlsberg?....could be, 12 April 2011
OK so the first thing I want put in this review is the capacity as I couldn't find it on here and didn't know until the product turned up. It's a 24 litre bag, so what does that mean? Well,let me start at the beginning.

The reason that I wanted a decent laptop bag was because I am a computer science student, when at uni I have to transport quite sizable (and quite dull) books along with my laptop (and all associated peripherals) and regularly stay at my girlfriends and need a change of clothes. I also ride a bike which is no mean feat when carrying all of the above, trust me!

I ordered the bag on Saturday and it turned up on the following Monday. I'm currently working over the Easter holiday to make some extra cash (whilst juggling with revision), problem is, it's a 4 mile round trip to the office.

I've always been a fan of walking bags (the types that walkers use, not bags that literally walk) because I'm quite active and never no when I'm going to need the extra space and comfort that they offer. prior to ordering this bag I was using a compact 20 litre bag and putting my laptop in a case with it's charger etc) in the bag but found that I would have to make a choice between books or clothes if ever I was to stay at my girlfriends house for the night.

As of Monday however, that has all changed! like I said this is a 24 litre bag but if there is one thing that the swiss seem to excel at, it's getting the most out of the available space, so here's the list of stuff I have to take to work with me daily.

1 macbook pro (13 inch)
1 macbook pro charger (held in Quirky powercurl )
1 usb mouse
1 4x usb hub
1 100 sheet A4 refil pad
1 data structures course text (840 pages)
1 AI course text (190 pages)
1 pencil case (full)
1 sunglasses case
1 pair trousers
1 short sleeve shirt
1 regular sized lunch box
1 bottle water (50 cl)
1 towel (hand)
1 bottle vo5 hair gel (mega hold)
1 jar vo5 extreme style (matt clay)
1 bottle fcuk body spray
1 bicycle pump
1 bicycle toolkit (Draper)
2 bike lights (front/rear)

Now believe me when I say that the bag is comfortably full with all this stuff in it, you could probably fit more in but you'd have to start cramping stuff and probably end up with hair gel on your work clothes but still it's needless to say I was well impressed that I could actually fit everything in.

Even with this full load, because of the so called "comfort straps" the bag is incredibly easy going on the shoulders and in fact feels lighter than my old bag with less stuff in it.

The "SWISSGUARD Computer Pocket" is a real piece of ingenuity and although I use a 13 inch laptop which gets swallowed in the pocket, the construction insures that the laptop is completely secure.

The only problem I have now is remembering which pocket has what stuff in it but that also offers a slight mini-game experience whenever I need to find a pen I guess.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - Lifetime Warrany, 10 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed, 9 April 2010
RozziD "Rose" (Lincoln, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is probably the best laptop bag I have ever used. I am a teacher and so carry a multitude of things around with me - including a laptop. My problem has always been that I have to compromise between having a good quality bag for my laptop or enough space to move the other things I need around. Now I don't have to compromise.

The laptop section of this bag is well padded and has plenty of room. There is also lots of other space in several pockets of different sizes, so there is somewhere to put everything. I also love the thick, adjustable straps of the backpack - my main problem previously being back ache from lugging books, laptop etc around. But now I can easily carry this on my back comfortably.

I can see this bag lasting for many years to come as the workmanship looks very professional and I can't see any potential weak points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 23 May 2010
Jim (Blackheath, London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really top notch and comfortable to use bag. The materiel is patently good quality and tough, and will clearly last for a long time; it's very attractive to look at too. It's a little on the small size (compared to a similar Eastpak bag I own), but really so much more comfortable. The padding in the back of it seems to literally fit around the arch of one's back. Excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy! - Zip completely detached after 41/2 months light use!, 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Wenger 600629 COBALT Laptop Backpack, 16 Inch/41 cm (Personal Computers)
This bag looked great when it first arrived, loads of space and divided compartments - just the job, right? Wrong! After 41/2 months of light use (It's never had a laptop anywhere near it) of carrying a couple of bulky (A4), but light, loose leaf divider files, packed lunch and occasionally a bit of sports gear the zip on the main compartment has become completely detached - the bag is now completely unusable! and because of the weave the fabric is completely frayed and entirely unrepairable! After 41/2 months of light use this is not what I would call a good return on my investment - furthermore, Amazon say it's not eligible for return!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Made Laptop Back Pack Available, 26 Mar. 2010
M. G. Chisholm "chiefengineer3" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second Wenger laptop bag I have, the first being one I bought five years ago when they just started out on the market. That bag is still in perfect condition having been used constantly over the years working offshore. That to me is a testament to it's excellent build quality having not been pampered in any way - quite the opposite in fact.

This bag has some design changes but from my initial impression is that it is as well made as my current older bag and that bodes well for long term use.

My original bag has shock absorbing straps which this does not - and to be honest I don't think that this is any loss. The shock absorbers are basically elasticated pieces inserted into the shoulder parts of the straps with a strong cord backing. I've found that once loaded the bag doesn't give much spring and lacked some padding in that area. This bag doesn't have the elasticated parts but it does have thicker padding which initially at least seems more comfortable.

Lots of pockets available for a multitude of items. Almost too many if truth be told unless you are obsessive about ensuring your items are well organised. The center main section will take larger items - SLR camera, clothes etc. The laptop section of course allows the majority of laptops to reside in padded seclusion and to be kept safe from bumps and drops. I've found I can stuff a magazine or paper in there as well easily.

Two side elasticated pockets. I use these when flying to put a 1 liter clear plastic storage bottle - the type you get from hiking shops - in with my liquids. You can pull it out and put it through the scanners without recourse to a plastic bag and it saves faffing around as you can stuff it back in he bag easily after security.

The bag bottom is designed to allow the bag to stand securely and this works well. The materials and zips are top quality with the heavyweight feeling associated with expensive gear.

Overall I don't think that you could find a better all round laptop rucksack for the very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't possibly ask for more, 18 Oct. 2011
Bought this bag for my daily hike to university with a relatively heavy laptop (Dell XPS15) and potentially big, heavy books, amongst the usual other things. I honestly couldn't have asked for more. The in-built laptop sleeve is perfectly sized, the main space of the bag seems to be a tardis, I've yet to fill it completely. The second largest section is perfectly sized for A4 books and folders with a small amount of waterproofing. The build quality and materials feel brilliant; I've only had it for a few weeks but it feels as though it will last for ever. The padding on the back and straps make any load feel half its weight. Even when it's hard to pick the bag up with one arm, it doesn't make my shoulders or back ache after wearing it for over an hour. The bottle holders look a little small at first, but will happily take a one litre bottle.

I'm honestly struggling to think of any decent criticism. The laptop sleeve could be padded a bit better on the bottom to protect against dropping the bag, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Couldn't recommend this bag more highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for the safe option and get this. You wont regret it, 24 Nov. 2014
i have a very weak spine after suffering with a herniated disc for 6 years and counting. As I'm still at University, it is very difficult to study when I'm having to make compromises with which books to carry with me or whether to leave my laptop behind at home as i won't be able to carry the excess weight on my back.
I noticed that the back pack i was previously using was made out of very thin material but most concerning, the straps had little to no support.
It was time for a change, i needed a nice big bag with some separate compartments but most importantly, one large compartment to put my note pads and my laptop safely in the bag.
I found many on amazon that had very good reviews and cheap as well. I really wasn't sure what to do. After a while of Umming and arring i decided to go for the trusted swiss for the reason being that regardless of price compared to others, the quality will always blow any competition out the water.

Im happy to say that i was correct. When the package arrived, a huge box was delivered and inside the box was my bag. But this wasn't the only thing to my pleasant surprise. Along with the Wenger Swissgear bag, for whatever reason i had also been sent a very nice electronic luggage scales (something i actually needed) worth around £5-£8 and some suitcase covers to protect them against anyone who would be nosey enough to have a peep inside your luggage.

Anyway, now onto the bag itself. Its not particularly a light bag when empty, there is some serious weight, strength and ruggedness to it thats for sure. On first appearance, i really love the texture of the front with its dark blue webbed material and speckled grey sections, finished off with the iconic swiss logo in the centre. This all looks nice but it is also strong and waterproof to keep your belongings safe. The back of the bag was something that i was really concerned with but this ticks every box. The back support is nice and flat ensuring all the weight distribution inside stays in one place and the cushions on the back are really effective and important if you suffer with back & spine pain like myself because items hitting you on your spine when walking can be really painful, luckily you won't have to worry about that issue with this backpack. The straps again are cushioned with a lovely spongy material just like that on the back support so no painful neck or shoulders.

The compartments on the swiss gear i really love, there are 5 zipped compartments in total. 4 that you can noticeably see on the outside and 1 'secret' zip compartment that is located right in the front compartment which is where i keep my valuables because the seam of the bag helps to hide the zip so not many people will notice it right away. Front pocket is nice to keep pens, change, a swiss army knife as long as it is Uk legal and other small bits and pieces.

i have a Victorinox Swiss Army knife Huntsman and carry it in the front of my bag in its little designated swiss army knife pouch.
Another compartment is a very small area right in the centre of the bag that can be used to keep small items such as pens, notes, wires etc. Very small, nice to keep things separated.

Now for the two main compartments, in the middle zip compartment, there is a large space with a divider to keep books, small notepads, or i would say the best items to keep is loose paper and worksheets to ensure they're not damaged and lost.
Finally, the main compartment at the back. This is where the largest space is available to hold anything you want. Lunch, books, you name it. Though to the back of it, is what makes this a laptop bag because there is a spacious but still secure compartment to keep your laptop and then strap it up with the velcro. I keep my 13" macbook air there though i do have a case so its a nice snug fit.
The last bit of information i can give is the space increaser function on the bag located in the main compartment which simply is a flip that can be folded up or folded down on the floor to increase space and help keep the bags shape.

Heres my full review and i can ensure that there is nothing you won't like about the bag. Go safe and buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary Backpack, 29 Jun. 2012
I have been using this bag for the past year of uni. Given that I live in a city that is not very car friendly, I cycle to my lectures, for shopping, to the library, etc.

I have to say, in the entire year I have used this bag, only on one occasion was I unable to fit all the items I required into one. The space inside is MASSIVE. I use it to carry my textbooks (which are huge and extremely heavy as I study Medicine), shopping (which often includes 4 x 2L bottles of water), laptop and books to the library, etc.

In regard to the laptop compartment, it fits my 15 Inch MacBook Pro well (the new retina slim MacBook Pro might be less secure in it as its thinner), and also fits with the laptop in a case. The Velcro fastening gives it a tight fit, and the laptop is secure.

The straps and back of the case are EXTREMELY well padded, and so even with my laptop and textbooks the backpack is comfortable to wear. As for Durability, it has lasted the year of abuse with no damage at all, which is remarkable.

In addition to the large main pocket at the back (with the laptop case at the very back of the compartment) there is another section in front which is smaller, but is the full height of the bag so can fit a lot in. On the very front there are two small pockets, one which is just a pocket and one which has additional pockets inside for pens, etc. Each side of the bag has space for a water bottle to sit in.

Overall a great bag for students and workers alike!