5.0 out of 5 stars Truly musical at a great price - now the best audio streamer!
This is a small (about 17cm wide by 13 high) music-only network streamer. It features a sensitive and bright 4.3" touchscreen and a remote control made of glossy black plastic with a rubberised matt front surface.

Setting it up:
I found that, as with all squeezebox products, it will work wonderfully BUT you need some preparation in advance. Specifically,...
Published on 31 May 2010 by mark0000

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT like a radio
I had my Squeezebox for Christmas (though I bought it...), so have now used it for over 2 months. This is my experience.

I had considered getting a DAB radio for my hifi, but as the reception is poor where I live, a DAB aerial would need to be installed on my roof. A Squeezebox seemed like a good alternative - in fact a far superior alternative with BBC...
Published on 4 Mar 2011 by J. Jarvis

‹ Previous | 16 7 812 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
Enormously pleased with this. I just need to get a NAS for my music now. It does cut out on wireless, but im moving to wired with homeplugs. Easy to setup, navigate. Nice UI. I did have a problem connecting external hard drives i will admit. But i love it too much to mark it down. Sounds amazing through my amp. Tune in to La Rancherita!!!! best radio station ever. I challenge you to listen to it and not smile!!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use and a great sound, 11 Jan 2012
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
Firstly, to those reviewers who claim the setup is fiddly or difficult, I suspect you would have trouble operating a kettle. I took my Squeezebox out of the packing, plugged it in and was away listening to music in about five minutes.
All you have to do is setup the Logitek Media server first. This involves creating a username and password, pointing the software at the location of your music files and letting it do a scan. Depending on the size of your music folder this can take a few minutes or over an hour. After that you can either leave everything as default or if you wish you can change the way music is displayed on the Squeezebox Touch - for example do you want Track No, Track Name, Artist, Album or do you want a different order. None of this is complicated.
Once I was away, I downloaded the Squeezebox App for my Android. Once installed (a few seconds) I logged in using my account and now I can control everything from my phone. It is fast and mimicked the display on the Touch. I have also donwloaded the BBC App and Napster directly to the Touch. Again both installed seemlessly and now I can use Napster and BBC Radio at the touch of the Touch or through my phone.
Overall an excellent product with excellent sound output.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 1 Dec 2011
Avid Reader (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
I've been toying with the idea of getting a device to stream my music for some time & have begun to rip my CDs to FLAC format. I've been hesitating as to which device to buy, the Sonos which has its own wireless network or the Squeezebox which relies on an existing wi-fi system. The Touch suddenly came down in price over the Black Friday weekend and I bought one.

I have to say it was phenomenally easy to set up, it connected to my wi fi network with no difficulty and once I'd configured the squeezebox server on my NAS scanned the music playing it through my existing hi fi system. The quality seems to me as good as my CDs and its now an awful lot easier to play my music. In addition there I've tried it in different rooms in the house, a large victorian house, and it seems to reach everywhere.

The Touch unit is remarkably compact and quite smart looking the interface is very easy to use and I've set up my logitech harmony remote to control it.

My only problem is that I now need to wait until after Xmas to see if the price will fall again to enable me to buy another two of this superb addition to my music system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, once its set up, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
Got this in about 5 days, but the tracking your parcel did not work even though it said I could. having said that I have given it 5 stars for a great design and function but should have given it only 2 for trying to get it to work with a Synology NAS, the instruction book is a complete waste of time, I had to download apps for the NAS and update the SBT and took a whole afternoon to get working, and I know about networks, to the non technical it would be a nightmare. but not all would have a NAS. A HD in the usb works fine. It did find my computer network automatically I must add, so if your playing music from a computer, its a piece of cake, but you do have to put the software on the computer, you have to download it, pity they don't give you a disk with all this on, and you don't get a Ethernet lead either.
Once up and running its great, I love it, but remember the MP3 you play are only as good as they were encoded, I have a few that are bad, so don't blame the SBT, only get good MP3.
The radio stations are out of this world, so many, it get 5 stars just for this, brilliant.
recommend it to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better buys, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
Worth every penny. Simple and excellent. Perfect if you have all your music on your PC/external hard drive and want the sound through your stand-alone TV and amp setup. Much easier and cheaper than a full Sonos-style system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Squeezebox Touch, 30 Jun 2011
P. R. Alderman (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
In HiFi terms this server is very good value for money. I use it to play lossless audio files stored on my NAS and to access radio stations via the web. I now very rarely use my CD player or DAB tuner. A full sized touch screen would make it a bit more legible from where I sit and swapping between accessing my server and accessing radio stations could be more intuitive. Like all IT equipment it takes some patience to get the best from and is prone to the occasional sulk, however I should stress that I am not particularly techy and had it up and working within minutes of unpacking. The Squeezebox forums are a great source of help and information should you get stuck. Highly recommended, I intend to buy a second for my study.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what i want, 6 May 2011
S. Barallat "S.Barallat" (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
IBasically i just want it to connect my music (FLAC format) to my hifi system. The sound is perfect and the interface is easy to use. I need more time to can control 100% but i'm very happy with this purchase.

BTW i have the music in an external 2.5'' HHD without power cord, just the usb to the squeeze. I need to work a little bit on the metadata but more or less all is ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it! Quality at a competitive price, 15 April 2011
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
Like many others I've tried several ways of ripping CDs and streaming them to the hifi: the latest being storing them on a PC and hooking a netbook up to the hifi to manage playlists. None was satisfying. Clunky, flaky, poor quality, too much hardware. Enter the Squeezebox Touch. For the price, it's a little gem.

I re-ripped my CDs to FLAC (for quality reasons), and copied them to a USB hard disk. Plug that into the back of the Squeezebox, plug the Squeezebox into the amp, start the built-in server, and start listening! No need to install software or have a computer switched on with this method, and better still no need for iTunes or Windows Media Player (yuk).

As others have said, the quality is great, and it's so compact! I love the fact that with iPeng installed on my iPod (a few euros well spent), I can control it all from the couch without needing to be in line of sight, browsing and listening very comfortably. Another big plus: no radio reception here, and now I can bookmark my favourite stations from all over the world and listen to them too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alot squeezed into a little box, 15 April 2011
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
I was looking for something to stream my iTunes library, which is around 20,000 or so tracks in addition to accessing internet radio, and this seemed like the ideal solution.

The first thing which struck me is the size..... it is so tiny! I was then worried, as other reviews on here suggest the instructions are not very comprehensive. Well, if you can use iTunes, then you will certainly have no problem with this, you just plug it into an amp or stereo system, download the Squeezebox software, and that immediately searches for your iTunes library, including playlists and album artwork. The only thing you are not able to play is downloads from the iTunes store, due to the copyright issues. The library can be switched to play iTunes libraries stored on other computers with the tap of the screen. The screen is clear, and there is a nice automatic function when using the remote, the size of the lettering on the screen increases so as you can see the text from the other side of the room.

However, the pleasures do not stop here; you can access any internet radio station and play via your chosen output, and there is a favourites button, so as soon as you have found your station of choice, you do not have to endlessly re-search for it again. There are also apps avaialble, enabling you to download a plethora of streaming sites, such as Napster, Last.FM and Spotify.

The sound is as good as playing your iPod (or MP3 player of choice) through a docking station, and naturally relies on te quality of your amp/stereo.

It appears the ideal solution to my problem!

I understand you can also add pictures from Flickr or directly from your computer, ideal if you want a digital picture frame, which also happens to play music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value item, 28 Jan 2011
This review is from: Logitech Squeezebox Touch (Electronics)
I must recommend this product to everyone .It's so simple that makes all happy in the house .A must for music lovers .Plug and Play !

‹ Previous | 16 7 812 | Next ›