on 12 May 2011
The loofah itself is perfect, it softens up well and retains water very easily. It's a nice size (although a little big, if you'd like to use it hand-held as removal of the handle suggests you to), but the only niggle is the actual retractable handle.

You have to really jam it on there to get the head to stay on, which presents a problem if you're going to be taking the handle off regularly. I tend to not bother, but if it's a selling point for you, it could become a nuisance.
on 2 July 2011
The brush is of the right length for reaching the difficult areas of the back. True value for money.
on 17 April 2014
In a word, 'rubbish'. I good idea mind, but I'd have just as much success trying to wash my back with a hammer.

Also, the removable (not retractable) loofa head simply falls off if you try to use it upside down, which is absolutley necessary when trying to wash your back.

If it had a longer handle, was perhaps curved to follow the shape of the back, and had a secure head, then maybe, just maybe it would be a worthwhile product. Mine however is on it's way to the nearest recycling centre, where hopefully it will re-emerge as something useful to humanity.
on 30 January 2014
In simple terms, this product does not do what it says on the tin. The handle is not retractable. It is a fixed wooden handle. There is nothing retractable about it in any way, shape or form.

Not fit for purpose and I would not recommend it to anyone.
on 21 June 2010
This utensil is sturdily made in smoothly finished wood with a removable handle where the loofah provides gentle abrasion to defoliate all areas of the body including the hard to reach areas of the back.
on 17 September 2011
Loofah itself is good quality but it just looks like I got unlucky with the one I got sent since even with a small amount of pressure the stick comes away from the Loofah. Should be ok if I glue it I guess but if you don't feel like messing around then personally I would advise to get one that has a fixed handle.
on 24 October 2012
I got this as a gift for my partner. I'd previously tried a lufa and knew that it was good for brushing the back in the bath or shower. Seeing just a piece of lufa attached to a handle at first made me wonder whether it would come adrift after a short time. My partner has been using it for a year now and it is sturdy enough to stay in one piece. The handle makes it more comfortable to use than would be a whole lufa.
on 16 September 2013
This is a really nice item. I like the fact that you can remove the handle, so you can use it for body parts that are nearer to you in reach. The handle is made of really strong wood and the loofah itself it glued very firmly in place. Highly recommended for people who has mobility problems like my husband and I have, as it prevents you having to bend and stretch to reach awkward places.
on 5 October 2012
I've always used a brush in the past but I've hankered after a loofah for ages. I'm glad I finally got around to it. It's amazing. Just one thing, the handle isn't retractable as it says in the Ad. It's removable. Its a wedge joint. This isn't a problem though, you remove the handle and it floats around until you need it.
on 1 October 2014
The join is a dovetail arrangement so when fitted together give it a rap on something substantial to make sure it stays together by friction fit. Otherwise would give 5 stars.