5.0 out of 5 stars good
fantastic keyboard, has amazing backlight.

Works with windows 7 also both 32/64bit versions.Well worth it ;)
Published on 22 Sept. 2010 by J. Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasts..
I had my first one for a week and the space bar started squeaking, it didn't bother me at first but after a month it squeaked every time I pressed it. I contacted them and got a replacement a couple of days ago, and it was great, but now its already squeaking like the last one did after a month.. Would not recommend this unless you're somehow not bothered by that.
Published 11 months ago by Dan-Lint

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 22 Sept. 2010
J. Harris (Fareham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC) (Accessory)
fantastic keyboard, has amazing backlight.

Works with windows 7 also both 32/64bit versions.Well worth it ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's geting worn out, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC) (Accessory)
I got this keyboard to replace the stock 'compaq' one I got with my tower about 13 years ago. As you can possibly tell, it still functions pretty much 100%, although the left shift doesn't. I blame my excessive minecrafting. Three of the four cornerscrews and six of eight keyboard retention screws are gone and replaced with glue and hope. I really do enjoy this keyboard, but it seems almost time to think about a replacement. Maybe I'll give it another year, but the Cyborg V7 looks fairly apt to fill the bill.

on the V5, the keystrokes are soft and quiet, but provide a definately felt thud on contact. Despite being a dome-cap keyboard it has a tremendously nice feel. The three stage red LED backight is bright and reliable, visible in pitch dark and still pretty snappy in the light. Even after you've worn off the white paint over the etching, the backlight is strong enough to colour the letters in brigth sunlight. I never really used the volume controls, my master being on my speaker system, but they work mostly and are fairly easy to find in the dark.

The branding on these keyboards is a massive mystery to me, I guess originally saitek, then cyborg then madcatz, but the livery on each cyborg I've seen has been slightly different. But I'm sure the driver information would still show Saitek, like it does on mine.

some of the larger keys, notable the Num+, NumEnter and NumIns became dislodged from their hinges and got a bit sticky, easily fixed and probably cause by me.

And in response to the man with the squeaky spacebar, nope, that might just be you. Mine does rattle a little, but squeak it does not.

So if you're looking for a cheap board to last a few years for ANY reason, this is my 100% reccomendation... although, I managed to get mine for about half the price of this listing D:>

oh well...

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star keyboard, 21 July 2011
Mr. K. Walters (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC) (Accessory)
I bought this keyboard as I do a lot of work on my pc at night, but don't like extra lighting. It's amazing how much difference having red light from below the keys makes, it certainly makes things much easier and I get less headaches.

I wished I'd found this a few years ago, I'm not a gamer but this is a really nice keyboard and the extra space around keys means hitting fewer typos. Highly recommended for any pc use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect keyboard, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC) (Accessory)
I wanted a backlit keyboard with anti-ghosting. The problem I have with most gaming keyboards are that they are simply too big due to my limited space. However, without the detachable rest, it comes in at approximately the same size as my normal every day use dell or HP keyboards, meaning it is the perfect size for my working area.

It has 3 different levels of backlit brightness (always red): high, medium or off. It also has some basic media buttons of mute, and sound up/down buttons.

Other than this it has a very nice balance across the keyboard, and the keys have a nice bounce to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Long term test, 4 Oct. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC) (Accessory)
I have had this keyboard for over 6 months. No problems whatsoever. If you are looking for a not too large backlit keyboard then this should fit the bill. Two levels of brightness plus off altogether. No choice as to the back light colour which is a red but on full brightness it is easy enough to read the keyboard. For some reason the only keys not lit by the backlight are the volume and backlight controls themselves - weird! Keyboard is USB and works fine with W7 64 bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC) (Accessory)
Keyboard arrived wed 22nd, fast delivery, keyboard is amazing, the red lights are even better, did not come with original disc which would have been nice but i will not take away a star as it was second hand and the condition was top notch, and we all loose and scratch those little disc's don't we, being a propper gamer and pc buff i will have no trouble getting the software on www, no problems here, the seller is genuine, you get what you see. Stewart Lynch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Keyboard!, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC) (Accessory)
It's a good keyboard for the price! Read a few reviews of people complaining that the spacebar squeeks, not had any issues myself and had it for a good while now.

Branded as a Saitek Cyborg however it's not. Its a Madcatz, same company but if your hoping for the cyborg logo and brand, think again!

That does not affect the product, however it would have been nice to know and I can imagine it would annoy some people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid keyboard., 22 Jan. 2013
C. and M. Curtis (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC) (Accessory)
This keyboard has heavier keys than my previous and is taking a bit of getting used to, but it feels like quality. The lights can be turned off and I fixed the lack of media keys by installing Auto HotKey with this simple script:

;(Ctrl + Alt + *left*)
^!Right::Send {Media_Next}

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasts.., 28 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard. (FOR ITS PRICE), 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC) (Accessory)
I bought this keyboard on 11 Aug 2013.

This keyboard is really good for it's price.

Pros:

- Hand rest
- Rubber grips
- Well built.
- Buttons for volume up, down , mute + switch on & off the lights.

Cons:

- Keyboard lights dim out over time.
- Hand rest feels cheap.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Saitek Cyborg V5 Keyboard (PC)