5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent supplement to help you bulk up
The combination of high quality protein, creatine and glutamine makes this product perfect for building muscle mass when weight training intensively 3-4 times per week. The creatine helps improve strength and power and the glutamine helps aid muscle repair which is very important after training sessions.

I would recommend taking one scoop before training and...
Published on 13 Jun 2011 by William Percival

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT the same product as advertised
Published on 2 Nov 2011 by Dats Funny

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT the same product as advertised, 2 Nov 2011
I have to mark/edit this down to 1 star from my previous 5 stars. I get my monthly hit of Promax extreme from Amazon subscription and my latest batch I received tasted different and a little sour. I also noticed that it did not mix as well in Milk as it all clumped up at the bottom of the shaker (mixes well in water but require more shaking effort). Now, I knew from past experience, this is not the great Maximuscle Promax Extreme that I have been taking, so I contacted Maximuscle to ask if it was safe to drink as I may have a bad batch. While I was waiting for them to reply, I did a little bit of investigation to the tub and realised the nutrition value is different. My immediate thought was that Amazon has sent me a fake tub. I then went on to the Maximuscle website and confirmed that they have changed the product by downgrading (IMO) it's quality.

Instead of the previous 85g of protein per 100g, You now get only 65g per 100g. A massive drop in protein levels.

Glutamine has decreased from 5.5 to 3.7g per 100g. Creatine looks to be at the same level.

[...]

I then received an email back from Maximuscle (looks like part of GSK), that I should not be mixing with milk and should only be used with water. I swear they have always stated to use milk to take advantage of the casein during bed time? I have lost all confidence with the brand. I am now changing product to Optimum Nutrition and staying well clear from Maximuscle.

I did reply asking a reason for the sudden change of quality, no reply and that was over 7 days ago.

This is for the Chocolate flavour, so who knows about the other flavours. Amazon - please update the product description please, In fact create a new product page as all the previous reviews are not accurate anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent supplement to help you bulk up, 13 Jun 2011
William Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews

I would recommend taking one scoop before training and one scoop after training. The powder mixes well with water or milk and the majority of the flavours are very tasty. Having tried all of the flavours, I would recommend Strawberry, Cookies & Cream or Chocolate.

After having taken Promax Extreme for approximately 3 months I have noticed an increase in my strength and my physical size after regularly playing rugby and participating in weight training.

Overall, a great supplement for anyone looking to increase their muscle size and strength.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some Warnings, 20 Feb 2012
As the other reviwer mentioned, this product does indeed give you some digestion problems. It is a very effective product if you take it regularly, twice a day even on days you don't train, you will notice very good results within 1.5 - 2 weeks. However, as mentioned by the product itself, that result is usually the build up of water in your muscles which you then use to lift heavier weights/train harder then shed the water to leave the newly built muscle. However the gain in water was a huge problem when playing sports like football and rugby. You will suffer from a significant slow down in carrying additional weight which is not muscle. I would recommend Promax instead if you are an athlete. If you desperately want to look muscular and show off then this could work for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate flavour Maximuscle Promax Extreme, 8 Jan 2014
A much better flavour than most of the other similar products and it does what it says on the tin.

2.0 out of 5 stars tastes horrible, 18 Jan 2013
I bought the choclate flavour and to be honest it tasted disgusting unsure if it worked as i was un able to swallow it i bought as i had heard good things about the company who produce it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Mar 2011
Good value for money, does exactly what it says on the tin, just need to follow a good workout regime and use it regularly. Good taste for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maximuscle Promax Extreme, 26 Jan 2011
Excellent product but slightly hard to distinguish a difference between promax extreme and ordinary promax. However, after a while of taking this product there is probably a more rapid change noticable. But great-tasting and easy to drink

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon price hikes, 18 Dec 2009
Mr. Pol Mcrurai "Abearhunter2" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The product is as good as it has always been but I have stopped buying it from Amazon as the price just kept going up and up - I can now buy it a couple of pounds cheaper on the high street and I din't have the bother of waiting at home for the delivery man.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 23 Jun 2014
This is my main protein source, as I don't eat that much meat. Definitely helps me to stay in shape

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good product, 2 Jun 2014
Ordered this product when it was around 20 and was really impressed with the time in which they got the product to me. The taste is ok as far protein powders go. Been using the shake for a few weeks and it has helped me with recovery, for the price it was worth it.

Maximuscle Promax Extreme - 0.91kg - Orange