5.0 out of 5 stars Best natural deodorant I've tried

3.0 out of 5 stars If you sweat and worry a lot then I wouldn't buy it
Published 8 months ago by Miss L

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best natural deodorant I've tried, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Faith in Nature 100g Unscented Crystal Stick Body Deodorant (Personal Care)
When I started to start using natural health and beauty products, I thought that deodorant would be the hardest to replace. I knew about the harsh chemicals and the undesirable aluminium but I definitely didn't want to smell or sweat a lot in the name of natural beauty. I first started with another Faith in Nature roll on and was impressed, I liked the eco-conscious brand and the refillable packs and the scents were pleasant. I didn't notice much of a difference from my ordinary deodorant/antiperspirant on an everyday basis but when it came to sweaty sports (I am a highland dancer) I did have to put up with the risk of sweat patches.

When I ran out I was looking to replace it and saw the good reviews on here for the crystal stick. After a bit more research I decided I liked the long-life and for me, the fewer ingredients the better and this has only one. I was a little worried about reviews that said it might take a while to be effective and that you had to wet your underarms always before use (no quick fix during the day), I'd also read that it could be a little irritating after shaving and some people had experienced sore skin or rashes. Personally I don't mind that it's unscented but some people might.

Whist researching, I came across a suggestion to make application easier and to avoid irritation. By putting a few drops of lavender essential oil into a small spray bottle with water I could spray my armpits before applying the deodorant, making it quick and easy, and lavender is good for preventing rashes and irritated skin. Because it's only a few drops, the scent is not overpowering. Using this method I have found this product to be easy to use and my skin has never been irritated or sore after use. For me it worked from day one but I've not used chemical deodorants for over w year now so there was no transition period required. I think it works better than any other natural deodorant I've tried, I don't have any problems with body odour or sweat patches and I love that it lasts so long. In fact, I'd say this works better than the non-natural branded products I used to use before going natural. I have been using this for a couple of months now and it still looks the same as when I bought it - great value for money. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 2 Dec 2012
I was very surprised at this how well this worked i go the gym 6 days a week for about an hour a day and most of the time this deodorant holds out if i apply it well. Also it lasts for ages ive had mine for about two months with daily usage and ive hardly used any of it which makes this product exceptional value. The unscented nature of it i thought might be disagreeable but i find still have a pleasant smell on my body from the shower gel i use. It's green non toxic, recyclable and not tested on animals which is great, all in all i cant praise this excellent product enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stick with it!, 28 Feb 2012
If this is your first time using a rock deodorant you might think it doesn't work to begin with. Everyone I know who uses rock found there was a transition of several weeks where it didn't seem effective. We have concluded that the years of chemical use had built up, and our pits needed a period of detox in order to break the chemicals down. It is well worth putting up with being smelly for a few weeks as this is the best deodorant we have ever used and after 18 months of my partner and I sharing it is only half gone (think of all the money saved!). We were both allergic to traditional deodorants but have no reaction to rock deodorants. It is long lasting (24hrs)and highly effective; I don't smell after a run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous, 19 Jun 2012
I have lost count of the clothing that I have ruined with white marks using conventional deodrant. This was recommended to me by a colleague at work and I bought this recently with an open mind. I have been using it for approximately two weeks now and can honestly say that I have been very pleasantly surprised. It looks like a normal deodrant but apparently lasts much longer between 9-12 months. I paid 3.42 on Amazon so price wise this is very cost effective.

In terms of how the product works, I expected there to be some sort of transition while my body became used to this product but this didn't happen. It doesn't prevent you from sweating but I believe it doesn't mark or ruin your clothes. It can also be used by both men or women and is fragrance free. I will be recommending this to all of my friends

3.0 out of 5 stars If you sweat and worry a lot then I wouldn't buy it, 30 Nov 2013
Its a good natural product but didn't stop me from sweating much to my disappointment. I think you have to expect that if you sweat a lot and are conscious of it this is not gong to be your saviour. If you're happy to be a bit whiffy by the end of the day (which is really quite understandable) then go for it. I've had to switch back to my normal chemical ridden stuff unfortunately. Still looking for something natural that works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab product!, 30 Mar 2013
I have tried other natural deodorants before and they have not worked very well! This product is great, works a treat, easy to use and best of all at the end of the day I still smell fresh and lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars The only natural deodorant that's blown me away!, 5 Jan 2014
Tom Lee - See all my reviews
I don't often write reviews, but this product is SO good I just had to say something. I quite often get a bit sweaty and by the end of the day my under arms smell less than fresh. The only deodorants that worked were the Sure maximum protection creams. I found these completely blocked my arms pits up and meant other areas of my body got more sweaty! I've tried a few natural deodorants which either left me smelly after only a couple of hours or really irritated my arm pits. Enter crystal deodorant! This stuff is amazing! I do get a little bit of moisture under the arms, but that's natural and I'm fine with that. But the most incredible thing is my under arms smell fresh all day! No other deodorant has ever made my under arms feel so fresh and healthy at the end of the day. I've been using it for a week and there's absolutely no change at all to the stick so I think this is going to last me absolutely ages! Try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly economical., 27 Dec 2013
I've been using mine for 8 months now, and I reckon it'll last for nearly two years with daily use. There's no stickiness, or staining of skin or clothes. I works for light sweating, so OK is you're somewhat sedentary; otherwise you smell a bit sweaty, but not too bad.

I had to chuck out some tee-shirts and polo shirts because my previous deodorant had gummed up the under-arms. No problem now! And I can't believe how much money I'm saving with this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Try it and see, 17 Aug 2014
Barry (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
I decided, about a month before I started using this, to stop using my usual antiperspirant deodorants, as part of a number of a changes to reduce my exposure to chemicals. For a month, I cut my arm pit hair very short and using coconut oil, which wasn't a satisfactory solution. I have kept up cutting my hair short, which may mean my review is not representative of how a man would find it with arm pit hair of a "normal" length.

It seems to do a good job. Even during the very warm weather of July 2014, it didn't seem any worse than using an antiperspirant stick/spray, in terms of the smell emanating from my under-arms and the smell on my clothing. It doesn't stop you sweating, so you will feel wet in these areas.

The key benefits are feeling that I am not subjecting my body to highly toxic substances ( as much ) and the fact that my clothes don't get gummed up and sticky in the under arms. I tend to wear my T shirts / shirts for several days between washing, I have many T shirts that even after washing feel stiff and sticky in the under arms due to previous use of antiperspirant.

The drawbacks are that it takes time to apply, having to wet my arm pits before use and that you do feel yourself sweating.

I have been weighing mine ( the stick bit not the plastic housing ) every 2 months or so, and I conclude that it will last about 9-12 months probably, I spend about 25 seconds per side in the application, with less application time you would obviously have more product life. I haven't experimented with whether applying it for less time gives different results. I shower every morning before application. I also haven't experimented with applying it more than once a day, though you would need to use a tap if you were to do this and possibly need some method of drying the sides of your body after.

I've come on here to order another one just now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dip In Water First, 21 Mar 2014
The fact it is unscented is great. It's slightly annoying having to dip it in water before using, but that is neccesary in order to apply it. It does work extremely well, so I can definitely recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›