on 14 May 2013
a cheap digital scale but you get what you pay for is ok for weighing suitcases but check the accuracy against a known accurate scale the original feed back has been removed but not by me it , was incredible late in arriving and ever since I have been pestered by the seller for me to withdraw the review
on 30 May 2010
The item is cute and pretty much accurate for weight checking. The weight recorded by the scale when was not different from what was on the airport scale. I was aware that my airline wil usually tolerate 2kg above the limit so i used this scale to sucessfully push the limits.

The only thing which is not too great is the small hook and handle which makes is difficult to handle the load on the hanger.

The thermometer is also not very reliable in terms of accuracy.
44 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2011
This is a smallish [body is 11cm x 8cm at widest], lightish [135g] unit with a little hook on bottom that you can hang stuff on and then holding up the ring on top and viewing the weight of the stuff on the display. Weigh a bag, put stuff in bag and weigh the combo - the difference is weight of your 'stuff'
The display has 4 digits, each about 12mm tall by 5mm wide and is reasonably clear and easy to read although it does not have a backlight. The are 3 orange buttons on unit - the 'smile' button [see picture of unit] to switch unit on/off [auto off after ~1min], left 'tare' button to zero [will show positive/negative weight relative to when button pressed], and a 'unit' to rotate between it's 4 units of measure [lb, jin (chinese unit for half kg!), oz and kg] which display to 2 decimal places [oz to one decimal place] - will remember the last unit set between off/ons. The unit claims it measures to 40kg in steps of 10g - the packaging also suggests [i.e. has tick boxes for] other models e.g. 10kg in 5g steps and also a backlight

As dedicated baby scales seem very expensive and bulky, I use this to weigh a baby in a car seat and then deduct the weight of the car seat, clothes and nappy! Only problem is that total weight is now over 10kg [22lbs] and if you don't hold it steady, the displayed number jumps about a bit. I noticed that the midwife have a similar weighing device using a lightweight cotton suit they put the baby in - the figures from this unit pretty much agree with the 'official' numbers!

Overall

good: cheap, accurate and comes with the required 2 x AAA batteries
other: display better with a backlight, unit being smaller/lighter, tricky getting a steady number

M
on 30 June 2013
I required some scales quite fast and although the unit itself is ok, simple, plastic, lightweight, easy to use, and reasonably good value at £4.99 I am very displeased that it cost £6.50 in postage to get it to me. Total cost more than twice the price of the item itself.
on 15 May 2012
We weighed our suitcase on conventional stand-on weighing scales then using these digital ones and they were the same. When we got to the airport the baggage weigher at checkin confirmed the weight was correct. The digital scales and airport scales once again agreed on our return home. The weight we tested was approx 17kg. I have no reservations about recommending these scales to others.
on 29 March 2013
Before I go any further with this review I will point out that I ordered these scales as a second set of scales. I carry a mechanical set of scales for fishing day sessions and I ordered these as they are more convenient to use at night. By their nature electronic scales are more delicate and liable to run out of batteries etc. at the worst possible moment.

On first inspection the scales seemed fairly intuitive to use and weighed as accurately as my mechanical set. They come with instructions, that although written in Engrish, make sense and are useful.

The buttons are easy to use and work well, the display is easy to read and backlit for easy reading in darkness.

Not sure how long the battery life is, but if you are going to use these as your primary scales I's advise taking a spare set with you. Having said that, the scales auto power off and the backlight turns off after around 15 seconds of inactivity.

I have tested the hanging loop by lifting a 55lb suitcase on a weighing bar and it seemed strong enough for anything I may catch. There is a feature that will lock the weight on the screen once it has settled, but lifting by hand I was unable to hold a weight steady enough to lock it, and with a moving fish I imagine it would be more difficult.

So to summarise these are a nice set of scales, they seem to be fairly accurate and the backlight is a nice feature. There is also a handy clip on the back to keep the hook from snagging. The major disadvantage is that not being waterproof I keep them in the tacklebox or bivvy until required, where as my mechanical scales stop by the unhooking mat and weigh sling ready for use.

These also seem to be the same scales offered for £15.99 by a big tackle retailer.

Thanks for reading
on 16 July 2013
The first item I received was faulty and only displayed about 75% of the actual item weight. Digiflex were quick to respond and sent out a replacement. Unfortunately, the replacement turned out to be a red bow tie and cumberband! Very odd! Anyway, they were again very quick to respond and apologised for the mix-up. On the third attempt I now have a set of simple scales that are accurate enough for home weighing.

We got there in the end and despite the mix ups, I am happy with the product.
on 8 February 2010
Really useful used it 3 times already and it matched the airport check in weights exactly.
on 3 October 2012
Everything about the product is 'A-OK' (other reviews affirm). It really is great value for money.

Mind, I thought I'd got even better value for money when I discovered two of the correct batteries in the package. These are not, according to the product description, supplied with the product. You will, I hope, have a giggle when I tell you I set up the scales (properly, carefully) and found that 'the damn thing didn't work'. Until, with a (highly unusual - for me) flash of inspiration, I put two new batteries in! I'm glad it was only the batteries that were let down and not me. It's a shame I can't give the product SIX stars for re-inforcing the adage.
on 8 September 2011
I bought it to weigh washing, I put the laundry in a bin liner, switch on, hang it on the hook (switching on and off. adding or removing items until I get correct weight for my machine)- just brilliant! Easy to use. Good value for money.