5.0 out of 5 stars Good but may require some work depending on your resolution
I bought this product to use with my PC and xbox 360.

From the minute i plugged Xbox, it automatically detected my resolution but didn't applied it. So, i had to go to the options and apply it (1920*1080). Rebooted xbox and it was good to go. Works perfectly with no ghosting.

PC was a bit more tricky because, apparently, this product does not detect...
Published 14 months ago by Liedson

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not support 1920 x 1080 resolution!!
Prior to ordering this switch box, I read the reviews indicating that it supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1080. This is NOT the case!

When using the box, my monitor resolution drops to a maximum of 1600 x 1200.

Published on 8 Aug 2012 by S. Mogensen

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but may require some work depending on your resolution, 11 July 2013
This review is from: DIGIFLEX VGA SVGA LCD TFT CRT Monitor 2 Port Way Splitter Switch Box
I bought this product to use with my PC and xbox 360.

PC was a bit more tricky because, apparently, this product does not detect monitor resolution, so, when you go to the screen resolution in Windows, you will have many resolutions available from 640*480 up to 2560*1600. 1920*1080 was not available, as well as some other widescreen resolutions like 1440*900.

What i had to do was go to the Nvidia control panel and create a custom resolution with timing set to GTF (this is very important, otherwise image won't be fullscreen and/or distorted). After that, image was perfect.

AMD also supports custom resolution, as well as Intel drivers, so you won't have problems. If for some reason games don't detect your resolution, just reinstall drivers and set custom resolution again.

I understand why some people rated it 1 and 2 stars. It should have come with a manual or CD explaining how to solve this problem with widescreen resolutions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not support 1920 x 1080 resolution!!, 8 Aug 2012
S. Mogensen (UK) - See all my reviews

When using the box, my monitor resolution drops to a maximum of 1600 x 1200.

If it had been more expensive I would have tried to re-sell it, but at £4.99 it'll just go on a shelf until I may have a need for a low resolution switch box.

Do not buy if you are using full HD resolution!

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap, 22 Feb 2010
Does what its supposed to but iv had problems with screen rez and ghosting, I can get past and use it but at lower than expected resulution

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with Dell E207WFP Monitor, 20 April 2013
The product is sturdy and looks well built with a positive switch action between the too VGA inputs. However, I intended to use the product to allow me to share a Dell E207WFP monitor between a laptop (as an extended screen) and as the sole screen for a desktop computer. Both set ups worked fine on their own but I was trying to avoid having to swap VGA cables to change from one computer to the other.

Although I tried to change to screen resolution settings for well over two hours, including updating drivers etc., I could not get either computer to connect with the monitor at its 'native' resolution (1680 x 1050 pixels). This was very disappointing as the switching worked well but the screen resolutions were not acceptable for the work I wanted to carry out - e.g. photo editing.

May work satisfactorily with a 4:3 monitor with a standard resolution but didn't with the 20" widescreen I was using so I cannot give it more than 1 star. I returned the item the same day it arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly., 9 Oct 2011
Kristin "I read so I don't kill people!" (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
If, like me, you have a home PC and work laptop, but want to use the big screen for your laptop, then this is the best way forwards. You simply plug your monitor into the input socket (clearly marked) and then connent one cable to the PC and another to the laptop, plugging them into this box at the other end, you then can switch between them at ease. Its a definate click to change buttons, and some monitors may need turning on and off if they have modern power savers and you have just switched over. The other thhng to do is make sure you buy two extra cables and measure the length you want!. I wanted very little cable so bought a pack of two 0.5m cables.

This box is female - all the plugs have holes, not prongs! Make sure you get the right types of cable and switch for your monitor, most standard VGA monitors need male to male cables.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two way video splitter, 20 Dec 2011
P. Douglas (UK) - See all my reviews
This unit does what it says - it takes two signals i.e. from two PC's etc and puts onto one screen - so button A gives PC and button B xbox etc. Handy for me using two pc's. It works, nothing fancy or flash just works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good unit, 19 May 2014
Good effective unit. Does what it is supposed to (if you wire it up right which I didn't first time around!). Not a lot more to say, happy to recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 May 2014
This is well made and robust. Postive mechanical push buttons. Not a massive box like some alternatives so isn't impossing. Slight ghosting on screen though although I suspect my vga cables I bought which were not good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Resolution a little tricky to set up., 11 Mar 2014
Malcolm Pearson "malcolm pearson" (hugglescote) - See all my reviews
I got this item to use with my Mac (In OSX Mavericks) and XBox 360.
I have an old monitor which isn't supported in a 1920x1080 resolution.

My xbox resolution set up at 1600x1080 which seemed to look fine (I had to use a HDMI to VGA adapter unfortunately).

But the DIGIFLEX box only seemed to support a 1280x1024 resolution with my mac.

I then downloaded a little program called Display Maestro, which lets you set custom resolutions that the system preferences pane doesn't seem to let you choose. After setting a custom resolution that suited my monitor I was soon XBox-ing one lot of friends and Skype-ing another lot at the same time!

All in all a great product that get's 5 stars; because it's cheap, not necessarily easy to set up.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great little device, 9 Mar 2014
its great easy to use and a lot smaller than expected,only one small drawback there is no means to attaching it to a wall,but still great