4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money

Published 4 months ago by Mr. Martin Horspool

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 14 Nov 2010
Geronimo (Merseyside,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 17892 Deep Fat Fryer with Observation Window (Kitchen & Home)
I really like this fryer,it's very neat & compact.I cooked some home-made scotch eggs & they came out perfect thanks to the thermostat guage.I can't believe the price,it really is super value for the money.You do need to be careful of the casing however as it is rather warm to the touch,just use common sense & let it cool before you move it.Another nice touch is the basket,if you put the handle in the upright position which raises the basket you can shake off the excess fat by tapping the handle a few times with your finger from underneath.All the fumes are contained with the lid down & the filter seems to do a good job of absorbing them.Of course you're asking does it make nice chips-yes it does!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good brand name, lousy product, 16 Dec 2013
I bought one of these nearly a year ago with a two year guarantee and it has been great. However, It suddenly stopped working without warning. The two lights stayed on despite using the on/off switch on the front and it didn't heat at all. I have contacted Russell Hobbs FIVE times now by e-mail in the past month. I got an e-mail only to ask for fault details and serial number in a letter to them which I posted straight away. I have had no confirmation or information on what is happening. I asked in my last e-mail just for information and had nothing back. It is very poor customer service as far as I can see. I did read the reviews since and sad to see the bad reports on it. There are many failures with this model and even a few saying the replacement has also failed or didn't last long. A tidy looking piece of kitchen equipment but obviously needs more technical modifications. I haven't even had the chance of finding that out for myself. It doesn't take a month to e-mail me a response let alone send me a replacement. Very disappointed as they have a good reputation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous - item returned, 3 Jan 2010
Mrs. Anne M. Davies (Stoke-on-Trent, England) - See all my reviews
Lid is not fitted correctly, failing to open when release catch is pressed. Release catch could be operated by simultaneously pressing the rear of the lid and the release catch, which is not an option when full of hot oil. I have returned this item for a refund - do not want a replacement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous, 23 April 2012
I was bought this product as a gift so couldn't get a replacement.

Mine worked fine for a couple of months, and then HOT OIL started leaking out of it, there was no visible damage and the product hadn't been dropped or knocked or anything. Hot oil all over my worktops and kitchen floor, not impressed at all. This is very dangerous in my opinion, could have caused serious burns to a pet or unattended child (not that I would suggest leaving a child alone in the kitchen but accidents can happen). I did contact them on Facebook asking if there was any known problems with this product and no reply, seems to me from other reviews that there IS an issue with the product and it should be removed from sale.

4.0 out of 5 stars excelent, 1 Feb 2011
Russell Hobbs 17892 Deep Fat Fryer with Observation Window i was delighted with my purches 1 of the best chip fryers i have every had and delivery was also very quick

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, 18 Jan 2011
Wouldn't heat after using for a few months.Returned it to Russell Hobbs & received a replacement.Same thing happened with 2nd one.Would not advise anyone to buy...

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 6 Dec 2010
This item was sent to me as a replacment for another Russell Hobbs fryer. After 8 months of fairly light use, it no longer heats to the required temperature. After experiencing two Russell Hobbs fryers that each lasted less than one year, I will be buying a different make in future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deepp Fa t Fryer but not for long, 16 Nov 2011
D. Wilson - See all my reviews
Russel Hobbs are not short of wonderful praise for themselves and products but the rhetoric does not match the product, not in this case. This is a nice looking small compact deep fat fryer but mine just shorted out in no uncertain audible fashion fusing lights etc in the process. Ten months of modest use and it is a scrapper. You really should get a year or two at least if the manufacturing company lays claim to such high standards as they do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 30 Nov 2009
Broke in less than 3 months of not very heavy use. Only gave it a star because zero stars wasn't an option.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish, 20 Feb 2010
J. Voss (UK) - See all my reviews
Having purchased this product, after 3 months it broke down. After a replacement which only lasted less than 2 months. In my opinion Russel Hobbs needs a serious look at the quality of their products. If this type of product lasts no more then 3 months of occassional use then they should leave there.Very poor quality!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›