5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased and still working
Still in great condition. Really helps back up any files. Capacity is large enough for most applications. Would recommend highly
Published on 2 Feb. 2013 by Louis

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Software
I bought the Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive to primarily use it for automatic back-up. Unfortunately the back-up software is incredibly poor.....very slow and ponderous and inaccurate. Not what I expect from WD!
Published on 31 May 2010 by Mr. J. R. Dawsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased and still working, 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: WD My Passport Essential 320GB Portable Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Arctic White (Personal Computers)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Software, 31 May 2010
Mr. J. R. Dawsey "Jackdaw" (Colwall, England) - See all my reviews
On the plus side, it is very compact, needs no external power supply and, if simply used as an external hard drive, is perfectly OK.

2.0 out of 5 stars Power hungry, 25 Jun. 2010
James Sayre "A long way from home" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have three passports. All work great. I expected this one to work fine. Unfortunately it would only start up with one of my desktop machines, and only when plugged into the backplane. None of my laptops could power this disk. I tried all 27 of my available USB ports on 5 separate machines. Darn. I was hoping for better. Amazon were very good about taking it back.

3.0 out of 5 stars good yet dissapointed, 18 May 2010
i like the hard drive its quick silence and very stylish apart from 2 little things, when i ordered mine i plugged it into my computer (baring in mind i am very careful with all technology that i own) and found that every time i move the cable thats int the hard drive even a little bit, it would stop working, lucky enough for me it uses the same connection as my blackberry, so if i was the recommend this to anyone id say get yourself another cable first as the one that comes with the hard drive sucks

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for money, 2 Aug. 2014
Great delivery time, and excellent value for money, forget all the bells and whistles back up software, and just use it for file storage and you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 17 April 2013
used as recorder for my tv and seems to work perfectly. the size is good and the speed seems to be ok

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 5 Jun. 2010
Xuesong Wu - See all my reviews
i boutght this for my friend. She said it is good. But the price is not as good as the item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 Sept. 2014
good purchase

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too good, 5 Jun. 2010
C. Wardle - See all my reviews
I have now tried two of these units from Amazon and found that they only worked intermittantly or not at all. The computer did not recognise them at first. Amazon swapped them for a WD drive with a separate power supply. This works verry well.