on 16 September 2012
I wrote my original review of this product (see below) shortly after I received it. After less than 4 months of use the performance quickly declined to the point where it would no longer take on any charge whatsoever. This is rather frustrating as it is the second different charge pack for my Evoke 2XT that has failed in this way. From experience I know that the E1 battery pack for the Evoke Mio & 1S models will play for hours on end from a single charge with no noticeable decline in charge capacity over time. These may be the better option for anyone for whom portability is the top priority. Anyway, I have contacted the seller and am awaiting approval of my return request. I will update this review as events warrant. For the time being I have downgraded my review to 1 star pending a successful replacement item or refund. Here is my original review which I have left in place on the assumption that I was simply unlucky with the unit that was sent to me...

I bought a genuine Pure ChargePAK to use with my Evoke 2XT years ago and was never impressed with its performance. Particularly frustrating was the inconsistency of the maximum charge it would take. Sometimes it would charge for hours and give me plenty of portable radio use. At other times it would decide it was full of charge very quickly and then soon need to be plugged back in to the mains. When, inevitably the length of use between charges dropped to well under an hour I decide enough was enough. This replacement is far superior. For a start its hard plastic casing makes it look like a proper piece of kit. The genuine Pure version was just half a dozen rechargeable C batteries wrapped in thin blue plastic (though I notice they have improved this recently). The performance in terms of the amount of radio use between charges is way beyond anything I ever enjoyed before. This actually achieves 12 hours or more radio use from a full charge. A minor grumble is that my radio no longer displays the battery charging icon when the radio is plugged in to the mains and on charge. This means that you can never be sure when the battery pack is fully recharged. Overnight seems to do it. However, the icon does appear when the radio is unplugged from the mains and running on battery power so I can still see how much juice it has left when I am using the radio portably. The performance of this product means that my Evoke 2XT is now useful to me as a portable way to listen to radio.
on 20 September 2012
Bought this in July rather than buy a new set of batteries. Use this radio in the kitchen when I want to continue listening to a program I had on in my study, or outside if I am sitting in the sun or working and listening to Sport. So far has been excellent with long life and simple charging just by plugging it in to the mains. The only downside is the sudden fall off in power from 4 bars to 1 or zero compared to batteries where the power would fall off more gradually, so it can catch you unawares. Overall though very pleased and recommend this to anyone who might otherwise use batteries.
on 9 December 2013
Bought this battery for my Evoke digital radio. 3 months later, the battery is flat as a pancake and won't take a charge. The seller is hiding behind the 14 day guarantee, but what use is that for a (supposedly) rechargeable battery? This seller has a total disregard for customers and is seemingly content to take money for shoddy goods. Keep well away.
on 12 March 2013
having had my PURE radio for 70th birthday present, over 4 years ago, I assumed that I would have the same sort of life frommy
replacement battery. However iy only reached a half full capacity reading on the dial and now has crashed to empty and now can only play it through mains. HOW DO I GET A REPLACEMENT?
ROY W
on 9 April 2013
We charged this battery, it worked, but when we charged it again it no longer worked. Got money back but not postage.
on 5 March 2014
I actually cheated with mine, soldering it to the original to give more time between charges. Double the speakers and make the box a bit bigger, and you have a bit more oomph, but the standard or less time to listen. The choice is yours. Alternatively, you could just use it as intended, and be very satisfied. A great buy.
on 22 April 2013
I now have two of these both for Pure Dab Radios. It gives the radio some satisfying weight and once fully charged powers the radio for hours. The only problem was with the Pure Elite 2. Once it is being powered by battery the alarm clock is disabled.
on 10 March 2013
Bought this after seeing the price of the original Pure battery in John Lewis and reading the reviews. A battery makes this portable that much more portable, so why wouldn't you fit a battery. This alternative works really well. Recommend.
on 14 December 2012
Very quick delivery, great product at the right price, now use the radio in the bathroom, very save no wires, plenty of use before a recharge, if you need a battery for your radio buy this one.
on 12 April 2013
Unit is fitted in a Pure One Elite for use in a bathroom. Seems to give reasonable length of service between charges. Expensive compared to standard rechargeable batteries.