5.0 out of 5 stars This genuinely has helped
Published 10 months ago by Ms. J. Borrett

2.0 out of 5 stars It kind of works
It can make you feel more drowsy but I'm the type of person that isn't easily sedative, I was using 5+ pills just to try and get me to sleep.
Published 10 months ago by Iain Healey

5.0 out of 5 stars This genuinely has helped, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Swanson Valerian Root (475mg, 100 Capsules) (Personal Care)
I have severe insomnia as a medical diagnosis, and I'll be honest, prescription sleeping meds (zopiclone) are not whatanyone wants to take. They are nasty. My realisation is that anything precription grade is going to ruin my life (I am medication sensitive apparently). My pharmacist told me a year ago that Valerian has been researched to show that it does have the potential to help insomnia, but that it needs a few weeks to build up in your system.

Finally I got round to buying these in November. I felt no effect at all for the first 2 weeks, but after 6 weeks I was sleeping absolutely fine. I'm surprised that I can get into bed at 11pm, read for an hour and fall nicely to sleep... every single night! I'm 42 and all my life I have never slept like this. Its wonderful.

I did start getting sleepy in the day as well though and had trouble concentrating due to my brain feeling constantly sleepy. I have reduced how much I take and now its better.

This could be good stuff if you give it enough time to build up in your system. My advice is if it has a strong effect on you, as it did me, be careful driving and with machinery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anxiety relief, 28 Feb 2014
If you suffer from anxiety and/or insomnia then Valerian is well worth trying.Prescription tablets are often habit forming and produce unwanted side-effects Valerian is.a herbal product that has a long history of traditional use in many countries.Swanson are a trusted producer of many herbal remedies and are generally excellent value wise,their Valerian is no exception..If you are considering trying Valerian you won't find a better deal.Highly recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars miracle, 20 May 2014
I have found this a miracle. I have had difficulty for some months in switching off at night., find I am often very tense. decided to try this product. Found it was perfect, after taking it my mind seems to calm down and I feel relaxed after a while, sleep follows right through the night, lovely
Having looked at the ingredients on over the counter meds you will often find VALERIAN enough said.

2.0 out of 5 stars It kind of works, 14 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 16 April 2013
I wasn't expecting much from these having tried this kind of thing before, but they really seem to work. I can't say I'm knocked out every night, but I am certainly sleeping better and that's making my whole life better, so they are certainly worth a try for anyone who can't turn off at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 10 Jan 2014
I trust this brand and put simply, it works.
A better nights sleep via a natural supplement
and thats got to be a good thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked Reasonably Well - 7/10, 3 Dec 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I decided to buy this product because I was looking for a natural product to help with my sleep, stress and anxiety. I was having problems in work and outside work and felt that my head was constantly tense and prevented the rest of my body from relaxing.

After taking them until the bottle finshed I found that it made a difference on some days but not others. My mood seemed to be set the moment I woke up and I must admit I was definitely feeling better when I was taking these. I did feel though that they didn't work well enough in order for me to justify buying another bottle but I'm glad that I tried them at least.

Summary: Worked Reasonably Well - 7/10

4.0 out of 5 stars works well, 24 Oct 2013
it does help me sleep at night but also have a glass of wine before bedtime so think it goes hand in hand

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do. but doesn't do much., 26 Jan 2014
I tried this to help with RLS . It doesn't work for me though it might help with relaxation for a while. For relaxation at the very most!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth trying, 24 Mar 2014
Works very well when two capsules were taken. Didn't make me feel tired but definitely helped me stay asleep. Only minor side effect was a thick head feeling in the morning which I stopped getting after a couple of days.

Swanson Valerian Root (475mg, 100 Capsules)
Usually dispatched within 4 to 5 days