Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVDChange

on 24 January 2011
The set arrived in perfect condition and all disks were the correct ones, no duplicates/missing movies. All disks played perfectly in my US bluray player. My wife and I watched these over a week or so and picked up things we missed in our original viewing. Also seeing them closer together, they tie in together even better. Watching the actors/actresses grow up during the series was also very entertaining. The last one was quite dark and probably sets the tone for the just-being-released final act (part one, anyway).

At the price this was offered at, this purchase was a no-brainer. Through a blueray player and a 1080p projector, watching quality movies at home can't be much cheaper, and the added convenience of pauseability for bathroom breaks and popcorn making is just icing on the cake. Only reason for not full 5 stars is the soundtracks on the first films in DD format. Still, for the price, this was one GREAT buy!
on 7 January 2010
loved harry potter series already but seeing the early years in bluray was a real eye opener. The dark screens and night time scenes are 100 % better in bluray. The sound is also out of this world. So much better than standard dvd. This collection was also super value for money.
on 29 November 2010
This box set is amazing value. All of the first 6 films in one box, and all for the cost of one visit to the cinema. Who doesn't want to watch these films over and over again? Well now you can. A really great buy of some of the best, action-packed stories around. Well worth buying.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2010
Good timing as this collection allowed us to review the Harry Potter series before we saw the latest installment, Part 1 of the Deathly Hallows. Be forewarned that the pacing of the Deathly Hallows is slow compared to the previous movies. Consequently we probably enjoyed watching the previous six movies more, especially with the greater details afforded by the Blu-ray collection. In particular there are many dark scenes in the Harry Potter series and the Blu-ray disks are definitely better with these scenes that the DVD versions which we have.

No problem with viewing these disks on this side of the pond. Shipping is reasonable considering what it normally cost to ship things across the Atlantic and I didn't have to worry about the VAT. Two thumbs up.
on 1 December 2010
Delivers as promised -- Harry Potter in high-def! Royal Mail did a splendid job delivering in a speedy fashion. No issues with VAT or local taxes. Would highly recommend buying from in the future.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2010
This is the cheapest way to "catch up" if you don't already own these movies or want to upgrade from DVD to blu-ray. The price fluctuates quite a bit but it has always been a better deal than the US version of Amazon. I play it on my computer's blu-ray player with no trouble at all. Thin cardboard outer box houses three standard width clamshell cases, each of which houses two titles. There are seven discs total since Part 6 comes on two discs. Hopefully both halves of Part 7 will be released together in a year or so, to complete the set for those on a budget. For those willing to spend more, I'm sure there will be far more lavish "gift box" presentations when all is said and done.
on 18 November 2010
This is a fantastic blu ray set. I had all the Harry potter films already on DVD but buying them in this set was the best buy I've made this year. The films we all know are great, maybe a bit scary for the really young viewers, but the picture in blu ray is out of this world. I couldn't stop looking at how much detail was there when I started watching the 1st film, I was missing the story looking at the detail lol! It's a def must have for any film buffs out there, go on treat the kids and u can watch them when they go to bed, win win situation!
on 27 December 2010
Well, here are the audio specifications for the blu-ray edition : English 5.1; English PCM (years 1-5); English True HD (year 6); Brazilian Portuguese 5.1 (year 6); Castillan Spanish 5.1; Catalan 5.1 (years 2-6); Danish 5.1; Dutch 5.1; French 5.1; French (dubbed in Quebec) 5.1; German 5.1; Italian 5.1 and Swedish 5.1. All these languages are available in subs. Sometimes you should have a look on before buying, it's worth the while ! I wish users put audio specifications more often in their comments as product details on the site are lacking acurate information.
on 6 January 2011
Arriving in just over two weeks, I've tested the bonus features and audio languages on my blu-ray player and am thrilled to say everything works well. The clarity of the picture makes me appreciate even more the thoughful production that has gone in to making these films over many years now. They have given my chidren and my family hours of worthwhile entertainment while instilling key life values (love of family, friends, sacrifice and service) over many years now. I look forward to watching these films in Dutch, Flemish and German with family and friends in future years.
on 14 January 2011
Da wir bislang nur den ersten Teil der Serie kannten, kam diese Box auf Bluray mit DEUTSCHEM TON! sehr gelegen. Sehr gute Unterhaltung für diesen Preis (ca. 20).
Das Bild ist zwar fast schon überzogen scharf aber trotzdem sehr sehenswert.

Aber unsere Befürchtung hat sich bewahrheitet: Harry POtter ist KEIN Kinderfilm. Die Geschichte wird mit jedem Teil düsterer uns sollten keine Kinder unter 12 Jahren sehen. HP wird mit Ende der Saga wohl zum "Erlöser" aufgebaut, der seine Welt vor dem Bösen rettet?