Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 December 2009
I've listened to a fair few Christmas albums (haven't we all!)and each time they're billed as being a different take on Christmas, but they never match up to expectation. They just end up sounding like every other Christmas album you've ever heard. Jenkins is a master at delivering the truly different, and that's one of the reasons he gets my vote every time. Stella Natalis is a beautiful album, now uplifting, now calming and stamped all the way through with Jenkins' personality and style. I can't recommend this album enough, expecially if you're jaded and wanting to put the heart and soul back into Christmas.
on 5 November 2009
This new festive CD from Karl Jenkins will be the soundtrack to christmas in my house - like some of his other albums I've got, it has beautiful, memorable tunes and feels very uplifting. My favourite album of his is Jenkins: The Armed Man - A Mass For Peacewhich I sang with my choir and I have playing at home all the time. This one is just as good - he never disappoints!
on 28 December 2009
This work is true Karl Jenkins. It is an exciting blend of themes and rhythms from different cultures that blends into a brilliant musical composition.

Each time you listen to this work you hear another subtle twist in the music.

It is amazing
on 27 January 2010
Karl Jenkins: Stella Natalis is excellent, it was my favourite Christmas present.
It is in two parts, 'Stella Natalis' and 'Joy to the World', and evokes the meaning of Christmas.
It encompasses KJ's 'Adiemus project' (Adiemus I/II/III/IV and V) style of music, which I would have loved to have continued beyond the 5th CD in the series.
Stella Natalis has progressed on from Adiemus V, but still reflects the 'Adiemus style' and, in 'Stella Natalis', incudes several tunes taken from the Adiemus series, particularly Adiemus IV - 'The Eternal Knot' (which was my favourite CD until now!).
Whereas an eclectic mix of sources have been used as the basis of the lyrics for the songs in 'Stella Natalis', 'Joy to the World' gives you a 'Karl Jenkins' arrangement of well known carols from around the world.
The only way to better this CD would be to hear Stella Natalis performed live, preferably with KJ conducting.
The Adiemus series which I think is brilliant:- Adiemus: Songs of Sanctuary,Adiemus II - Cantata Mundi Adiemus III - Dances of Time,Adiemus IV - The Eternal Knot and Adiemus V - Vocalise
on 26 December 2009
1st heard this at a concert in Norwich Cathedral on a night where the temperature was -5C! Still loved it and love it still. Jenkins conducted the Stellar Natalis section of the concert and the 'band' were very entertaining so very good memories of this music.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 January 2012
Fans of Karl Jenkins will find much to enjoy here- jaunty rhythms-that sometimes almost border on rock,pleasant, easily digestible melodies and a big state of the art booming production job that successfully brings the whole thing to life. There's no doubt that it's done with considerable brio and more then capable musicianship,so as a piece of entertainment aimed at a particular market it does it's job perfectly.

The album consists of a rather large -if not (over)generous selection -of Christmas carols done a suitably joyous (read:ridiculously over-blown)style that will either have you rejoicing or wanting to your put your jack hammer (or similar) through your CD player- it's that good - or bad ,depending on your view of Classic FM and it's slant on all things musical.

Karl Jenkin's music is not for me although I can see why it's admirers have plenty of praise for the man's output. My advice- try before buying.
on 1 April 2013
Not really to my taste, needed it as my choir was singing it . Some pieces are nice but others too twee for my liking.
on 10 December 2015
I bought this to help me learn the piece for a concert and it is marvelous music. Each song different from the last but full of atmosphere, fun and laughter - at least when learning them. The trumpet part is amazing and all tunes are of the type that keep going round and round in your head. Thank you once again, Karl
on 3 June 2013
I bought it as I'm performing Stella Natalis with my choir. It is in the usual Karl Jenkins style, there are some parts that remind me of The Armed Man. Not over thrilled by it at the moment, but I expect it will grow on me.
on 6 March 2011
I'm a fan of Karl Jenkins work, but I found this CD to be light and some of it too much like his earlier work ... Oh and very Christmas oriented - perhaps in December it might go down better. Not his best.