4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly!
I've only used this a few times with standard loose tea leaves and it does the job very well. The mesh is very fine and although the odd bit of dust or extremely fine tea leaf escapes, there is no Great Escape of the tea leaf kind in your cup of tea. I don't know how it'd fare with fine leaf teas as I haven't used it for that but, like I say, the mesh is very fine. It...
Published on 20 July 2010 by Katherine

2.0 out of 5 stars A strain, in more ways than one!
Our old tea strainer gave up the ghost after five years. Couldn't get to the tea shop in Lincoln where we normally buy our tea from so purchased this instead.

Published 19 months ago by Debra from Hull

5.0 out of 5 stars London Teapot infuser, 27 Aug 2010
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)
I had searched everywhere for something like this, and this infuser is perfect. Both for loose leaf tea and coffee. I love it. Seller sent the item very quickly and I received it within a few days. Great

2.0 out of 5 stars A strain, in more ways than one!, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)

First impressions were good - a lovely tea pot design. However, the metal is so thin it's started to bend. Bits of tea dust settle at the bottom of the cup, something that didn't happen with the old one.
I doubt I'll get more than a few months use out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, works perfectly!, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)
Very pleased with this strainer, I'm using it every day and often leave the tea leaves inside, and it's not rusting (like other items would do).
It fits small and large mugs, and my Chinese teapot (which is quite wide and low). I expect it would suit a small teapot too.
This replaced a ball strainer which didn't seal properly, letting bits out. With this one only fine dust escapes.
Excellent value for money, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars copper kettle, 17 Nov 2010
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)
This mesh strainer does the job well in a small teapot which is why I bought it.
I am pleased that I have it though I don't drink tea but my partner does so it suits tea for one person,
almost two cups at a time, excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a one cup brew, 25 July 2013
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)
Want a good loose leaf brew but don't want to be bothered with making a whole pot of tea then this could be the answer - its very sweet to look at and nicely designed and will fit most (expect really large) mugs - too deep though for shorter tea cup and saucer combos. The little cover/base is very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars infuser actually infuses!, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)
While a little dust does come through this infuser when I am using fine Sainsbury's Ceylon tea, with every other tea it is perfect. It seems a little bit bendy (hence I meanly knocked off a star) but it is strong enough for its purpose and there is no wasted stainless steel resource! A very good product and worth its price. Fits every cup and mug that I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)
Really happy with this item, works fantastically and fits in almost all of my different sized mugs, cleans well
and is quaint :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant tea strainer / diffuser, 21 April 2012
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)
This a truly good product. Equally effective for tea or coffee. I bought one for tea, and one for coffee and am very pleased with both of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, 3 Feb 2012
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)
This strainer is well designed and nice quality. It is so much easier to rinse this than having to rinse out a teapot. I prefer loose tea to bags so this provides almost the convenience of a bag with the superior taste of loose leaf. The pot does need to be a small one with a depth not much greater than the depth of the strainer although it can also be used in a mug. Nice item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have been better, 22 July 2014
This review is from: London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base (Kitchen & Home)
It is a good tea filter, but I was expecting it to be a bit better. I have a fairly good collection of teas from India and China and some finest teas like Darjeeling First Flush, Nilgiri Organic and some variants of Assam Black need a really fine filter to get the best result. I thought this one could have done the job to that level, but it does not. The filter is just not fine enough for the specialised teas.

It is good though and ok for a large variety of teas.

For the finest Darjeelings and other I still use the 10p filter that came with it and it works brilliantly.

I will still recommend buying it. It is very handy and fits most cups ...

London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base
London Teapot tea infuser with lid/base by Simpli-Special Strainers and Infusers