5.0 out of 5 stars Future Nostalgia
Being a relic of the 60's Brit Blues-Rock era and a fan of Fleetwood Mac/Chicken Shack/John Mayall blues (a reference to Liverpool Scene if anyone can remember them), I was amazed when I heard this EP and thought I must have been transported back in time. I am sure I will feel as nostalgic about this album in 40 years time (even though I will be 100) as I do about Cream...
Published on 13 Mar 2011 by H. Llewelyn

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
I really, really like El Camino and Brothers and bought this without realizing it's a tribute to Junior Kimbrough and his songs - my fault.

It's a short electric blues/rock album which is ok but without, to my ears, being memorable in anyway. After several plays I can't remember any of the songs unlike on the aforementioned albums.

I'd say listen...
Published 9 months ago by M. R. Massey

5.0 out of 5 stars 60s psychedelic blues...., 8 May 2014
This review is from: Chulahoma (MP3 Download)
This has a murky, swampy, psychedelic sound that reminded me of Hendrix playing an acoustic guitar. Well worth the money and the time spent listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Chulahoma (Audio CD)
Group and album are both excellent but I do find myself wishing it was longer as it's not a full album.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 14 Nov 2013
M. R. Massey "Martin" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chulahoma (Audio CD)

I'd say listen before buying...

5.0 out of 5 stars My band of the moment, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Chulahoma (Audio CD)
Great album and I have quite a few of theirs. Saw them live in Birmingham and they didn't disappoint. Shame they haven't had more exposure in the U.K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, pre-El Camino, made in 2006 the last with Fat Possum, 30 Oct 2013
Michael J. Law "eurolease" (Teulada Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chulahoma (Audio CD)
Excellent wistful rambling blues album recorded as tribute to Junior Kimbrough a black Mississippi blues guitarists who died in 1998. The CD is short on content at just 27 minutes and was the last album to be recorded with Fat Possum Recorded before The Black Keys moved to Nonesuch, after which their style changed direction. So this is a retrospective look at The Black Keys work, and after 3 or 4 plays, somehow really works. Anyone who likes The Keys, White Stripes, Led Zeppelin etc in blues mode, will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Hendrix....you'll love this!, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Chulahoma (Audio CD)
Gritty baxk to basics bluesy rock. Great addition of you're a Black Keys fan. Better production than some of their early stuff too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accomplished, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Chulahoma (Audio CD)
The Black Keys - if you like the music never disappoint and this album ticks most if not all of the boxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it, pure bliss, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Chulahoma (Audio CD)
So I have had this album 6 months and must have listened to it about 50 times!
It's a cover album of junior kimbrough a songs, but is simply the best the keys have been, they have yet to hit the stars that they did with this, 6 songs all majestic all wanting to be heard again and again, music for the ears. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sounds, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: Chulahoma (Audio CD)
I chose this rating on price and delivery
I liked the prompt delivery
I have recommended this CD to friends and colleagues with similar taste in music

5.0 out of 5 stars The Black Keys at their best !!, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Chulahoma (Audio CD)
Comparing to the Keys studio albums (which I own all) this EP could be not as great at a first listen.
But when you listen to it 3 or 4 times you will soon discover the beauty of the songs, raw and with so much emotion. It will blow you away.
This is my favourite Keys Album now, but strange enough the only one I didn't buy at Amazon. (Sorry for that, Amazon)

Chulahoma