Price:£533.99+ Free shipping

on 13 March 2012
*** UPDATE JANUARY 2015***

OK just to let you know I have owned this seat since 2010. In 2012 the gas piston died and had to be replaced (for free) by a separate retailer because it would not go up and down anymore. I had trouble replacing the piston (could not get old one out) and eventually after much hassle I did get the old one out. However the new piston 'rocked' slightly causing the chair to woccle and make a clunking noise. I learned to live with it until this year (Jan 2015) when it died again (same problem going up and down and clunking and wobbling got worse over time). So I have emailed the retailer again to see what they can do.

*** END UPDATE ***

I write this review after owning version 1 of this chair. They now have a version 2 which I am unfamiliar with as to what changes they might have made to the design. So this is written purely for the version 1 chair. I purchased my Ergohuman with leather seat, meshed back and headrest back in August 2010. It has served me well and saved me from back ache so I will give it 4 out of 5 for that alone. It's a pretty comfortable chair with plenty of adjustments. It is a 'mostly' solid construction but there is a bit of wobble in the arm rests and meshed back. I have the back support pushed fully forwards and the seat slide as far back as it will go so I can really get my back into the support. When reclining I only wish the seat would tilt back as well. For this I mark it down half a point.

Now I have come across a problem with this chair after 2 years use. The piston supplied has leaked out air pressure and no longer rises. This is not a big deal for me as I always sit at the lowest setting. However I have asked the retailer to sort it out regardless. If you pay for something with a 10 year guarantee and it should last the course. I am by no means heavy at under 13 stones either. This should not happen. Period. I was sent the replacement piston along with a DVD with a video on it showing me how to take the piston out. Although I was able to get the wheel base off using a hammer I was unable to remove the pole from the seat. You have to use a monkey wrench or *LARGE* mole wrench to turn it so it comes loose. I tried with a standard mole wrench and it simply could not get enough grip on the pole and I could not get enough leverage to loosen it from the seat. I just ended up with sore hands and very frustrated. They are now going to get me to send just the seat and piston back in a box so they can get the piston out then return the seat to which I simply insert the new piston. It's inconvenient to say the least and I will have no seat for a couple of days but those are the breaks I guess.

If you get lucky with having a good piston then it's not an issue. Other than this minor setback the chair is great! Oh and one other thing to bear in mind with mesh chairs is they pick up all the skin and dust around you so they need a good wack every now and then to shake it out. Something to be aware of if you dislike dirt and grime accumulating. If you can afford it go for the full leather if this is an issue for you.
Ok, this is THE one. This is definitely it- the chair of choice.

Firstly mesh chairs are far more comfortable than traditional padded ones- they both have a little give and at the same time provide support, so they mould to YOUR back, not some designer's approximation of the average human's back.

The small section at the bottom provides much needed lumbar support. The headrest is useful for when you lean back to mull (normally you do lean forward to type).

This is the chair we got for my programming other half about a year and a half ago. We squeaked at the price, severly squeaked. He used to suffer from back pain which reduced the amount of time he could spend earning. He doesn't anymore! And finally I've got one for me! There are 3 levers to adjust your position on the model I'm using- the new mid 2010 model however is supposed to have just one.

Any time in front of a computer is going to cause your body repetitive stress and it is important to make sure that your desk height, arm position and foot postition is correct (trust me, I used to work for an insurance company- for some reason they were very keen on making sure they weren't liable- plus we were located a quarter a mile from the Health and Safety Executive). By the time you realise you need physiotherapy, it's a bit too late......

Really this is the standard to which you want to aspire...........
on 15 May 2011
Easy to assemble and adjust. Excellent for working, listening to music or watching films on my computer. The most comfortable chair for sitting for long periods - exactly what I wanted.
on 15 July 2013
This product is well made and very easy to assemble. My one wish would be for the lumbar support to be adjustable horizontally and not just vertically hence 4 star rating instead of 5. Great product for someone who sits at a desk all day. I would recommend this chair to anyone sitting at a desk 7 hours or more. Although a little on the expensive side you get what you pay for.
on 8 November 2013
I spend a lot of time behind a desk and my employer recently purchased an orthopaedic chair for me to use in the office. As I also spend some time working at home I thought it would make sense to have a decent chair there as well. The chair I have at work is great but was too expensive for me to purchase for home use and I had resigned myself to not being able to get the same level of comfort and support within my budget - then I found the Ergohuman chairs. At a significantly lower price than my office chair this does just about everything the more expensive version does. In fact the only differences I can find are that the more expensive chair seat tilts and the lumbar support is adjustable. The Ergo does have good lumbar support, with the advantage that it moves slightly independently of the seat back so always remains in the right place which more or less compensates for the lack of adjustment; the lack of the seat-tilt was the only thing preventing 5 Stars (couldn't give 4 1/2). The Ergo also looks more stylish and, being mesh, is much cooler than my office chair. In fact apart from the lack of tilt the only downside I could find (which I haven't deducted points for) is it is so comfortable when leaning back into it with my feet up I have dozed off on more than one occasion! Given the price difference I feel a bit mean only awarding 4 stars, however, I do think that for all five a tilting seat would be required - certainly well worth the money and if I ever had to buy another chair I'd certainly look to Ergohuman as a first choice.
on 6 September 2015
Really comfortable- great Buy
on 4 January 2016
Very expensive yet very hard to set up properly. Very unconformable and:
- all the parts that are adjustable are missing the exact spot
- head-rest is far off
- no proper information on how to set it up
- solid materials with clumsy fitting
on 10 March 2015
buy the leather chair not the mesh
it's more comfortable (I have both and didn't like the mesh chair as much)

See one answered question