5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Brilliant
To be honest I only bought this album to support Peter, because I am on the Team Andre side. I thought he conducted himself brilliantly on the Stateside programme and in all the interviews regarding the divorce after the split. So it didn't really matter to me if I loved the album or not...

...so to my shock, I LOVED IT!!! Even with other artists I like,...
Published on 21 Sep 2009 by Ms. B. Cox

2.0 out of 5 stars Mr Andre
Bought this for my wife as she watches his TV show. However, even she thinks this is tinny, boring pap.
Sorry Pete. Nice guy, but needs a large injection of testosterone into his music rather than putting out R&B lift music.
Published on 22 Nov 2010 by Crispy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Brilliant, 21 Sep 2009
Ms. B. Cox "Bee" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)

...so to my shock, I LOVED IT!!! Even with other artists I like, there is always one or two tracks that I tend to skip on their album - but not on Revelation. Every single track has me bopping my head and singing along to. Well done Peter, you have done yourself proud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter is great!!, 16 Sep 2009
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
I think this album is brilliant and I love the song Behind Closed Doors! It is up to date with the time and I hope he gets a number one with his next single released from this album.
I met Peter recently and he was a lovely guy and I wish him all the best with his FANTASTIC new album!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Album Peter, 18 Sep 2009
Ms. H. M. Ellis "Hope" (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
I purchased his album whilst meeting him in Cardiff not only was he the most sweetest person ever but his album totally rocks and i cant stop listening to it! Love Pete cant wait for the tour dates to come out xox

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait - well done!!!!, 16 Sep 2009
Michaela Degale "MD" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
This album is fab - particularly like the upbeat dance tracks. Think there's a different style of tune for everyone on this album and credit to Peter Andre - I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, what a shock, 16 Sep 2009
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
This is a great album. Yes, I know, I was surprised too. The song for Harvey brings tears to my eyes. Whatever is happening in the personal lives of Pete and Katie, he is a musician. He has really made it work. I am enjoying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An emotional rollercoaster, 19 Sep 2009
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
Few musicians in popular music have reached the creative zenith that Peter Andre has with this album. His lyrical and musical imagination throughout is simply astonishing.

The beauty and strength of this CD shine through, as we listen to Peter's frustrated takes on social, celebrity and musical life, which fill an album bristling with indignation, introspection, and an indubitable spirit.

Peter's distinctive vocal style- simultaneously sad, joyous and anguished - is something few artists have been capable of capturing. `Distance' is perhaps the greatest of all his lyrical masterpieces, a pointed attack at our glitzy, yet spiritually undeveloped society, directed via cleverly disguised jibes at his former partner.

Peter Andre's last offering, Long Road Back, was, whilst experimental, perhaps not challenging enough for serious music aficionados. Although it satiated the majority of fans, it felt too safe and lacked the eccentricity and creativity of this new record. The spine-tingling Revelation recalls an eerie, otherworldly atmosphere that has not so far characterised Peter's ground-breaking experimentation and abandonment. Never has his experimentation been so accessible, so tender and so achingly beautiful - clearly the result of him being given (for the first time) full musical control of an album.

The album opens as expected, with prime examples of Peter's sarcasm and wit. Yet amid the acerbic commentary, Revelation radiates with longing, regret and a deep sadness.

Peter's sometime sardonic yet often tender lyrics soothe and stir through the shimmering and resonant melodies. This is Peter Andre at his absolute finest. `Call the Doctor' is a perfect illustration of Peter Andre as he is today. The song is racked with emotion: `My Honey /The type of girl who goes hard for me / She'd be a kicking back kind of girl'. Peter Andre makes songs (if one will allow me to criminally paraphrase) about escaping the darkness of treachery, inadequacy, paranoia and betrayal - but by approaching his vulnerabilities and facing inner frailties, he has managed to create frighteningly personal musical expositions.

`Behind Closed Doors', perhaps the highlight amid an album of highlights, deals with the desperate nature of infatuation, over-dependency and isolationism. The song begins with Peter questioning the future: `Where will we end up/nobody knows/what do we know/what what do we know'. However, the saturnine mood soon transforms and escalates into a thickly layered release of jolting guitars chords, crashing cymbals and the breathtaking, unnerving anguish of Andre at his majestic pinnacle: `And who would have known/Got a wife, two kids and a three storey home/Got all these things yet he's still alone'. This is a song truly intimidating in its beauty, and while many still feel that Peter is an enigma that should not be over-analyzed, it is always worth scratching away at that indurate surface of celebrity to reveal the tortured soul beneath.

Revelation is flush with subtle melody, truncated crescendos and euphoric endings. Even the most cursory listen to the album is a delightful experience, but repeated plays reward the listener with even deeper insights into the talent of Mr Andre. Make no mistake, this is the true Peter Andre. Only now, freed from the shackles of his ex-partner and over-zealous producers and sound engineers is he really opening up and revealing his true colours. The word genius is perhaps over-used these days, but if this isn't genius, it's pretty damn close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Amazing, 29 Sep 2009
H. J. Scott "Hj" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
This album is so far removed from his previous music which attracted teenagers back in the day. This is 'adult' music and Peter Andre has finally proved his worth as an artist. I have listened to it over and over since I purchased it and everytime I listen to this album it leaves me wanting more. The lyrics are incredible and even though Peter Andre said he wrote it a year before the break up with Jordan (well done by the way - good move), it is obvious that within those lyrics lie an immense amount of turmoil and pain which has influenced this albums production. The words and music are heartfelt and totally amazing and the true 'Peter Andre', not influenced by record labels, not influenced by Jordan, not influenced by producers, has shone through and stepped forward. I would urge anyone to buy it, women, men and teenagers and I think this album is worthy of 'album of the year' in my books. Despite the death of 'the King of pop', Michael Jackson', I would be surprised if this album didn't get to number one. Totally outstanding Peter.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real Revelation!, 23 Oct 2009
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
A brilliant album! Well done, Peter. I bought this out of sheer curiosity, having never purchased a Peter Andre album before. I'd always associated Peter Andre music with "cheesey" but this new album will give him much more credibility as a serious artist. After reading a couple of the reviews (only 2) that kind of hint that Peter's only where he is today because of his ex-wife, all I can say is "Rubbish". She won the public's hearts and respect because of Peter. He tamed her wild ways and made her seem human,which endeared her to everyone, not just the men (for obvious reasons!). Since the split, she's getting the kind of press she used to receive before she and Pete became an item. People have such short memories. It is she who shall be a nothing without him. So, Peter, enjoy the success of your fine album. You've worked hard for it and it is truely deserving of being up there with the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Gem, 10 Nov 2009
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
I am the last person to ever think of buying a peter andre album but I heard some tracks that he did for one extra and thought why not!! and I must say I was pleasantly surprised!!! The man that sang cheesy 'insania' and 'mysterious gal' is now grown into a great r&b artist. The songs are also very well written!

Favourite tracks:
Ready for love - This track stood out as soon as I listened to it - very hip but simple and not over produced.
Sliding Doors - This is a classic R&B song - its mellow and gives me goose bumps
Distance - I love love this track because Peter sings and it sounds great...hes got great control of his voice
XoXo - Very fun R&B track

Overall great effort from mr Andre - well done!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done Pete!! You've done an outstanding album!, 15 Nov 2009
M. Bolessa "lissaB" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
Brilliant album, those you slate Peter for being chessy and not a credible artist should listen to this album. He has done a great job with this album, its a real heart felt CD and you can really hear the raw emotions in his songs. A lot of time has gone into this album and he has come back bigger than before and done himself and his fans proud!!

It has a real mix of rnb flavas with some rock elements to the album but still maintaing a catchy pop origin.
Go out and buy, you won't be disappointed!

Songs that I love and would recommend a listen to are::
Behind closed doors, Call the doctor, Unconditional, Ready for us, Sliding doors, Distance and XOXO =)

Revelation