on 31 July 2010
I got this for my garmin Dakota 10.fits just right with no trouble getting it on device.Snug but not tight.A little concerned that dust my get in ,but only time will tell.so far so good.
on 28 January 2011
No complaints whatsoever about this item.

It does exactly as expected, fits perfectly and gives my cute little Dakota 20 a nice bit of protection.

Definitely worth having !
on 14 September 2011
Case does fit well but I did feel was a little expensive for what it is. My Dakaota likes it :) I would recommend to protect your device. you can still turn on and off and plug in USB cable with case on but need to remove to change batteries. I guess the large gap at the back is so you can still use it on you bike mount / car.
on 5 September 2011
This case is genuine Garmin and is perfect. It fits my Dakota 10 easily and protected it admirably on my recent holiday. Really pleased with it. Highly recommended.
on 2 June 2013
I think it's a bit expensive for what it is. The Garmin Dakota 20 seems robust enough if you are just waking around and this seems a bit like overkill. I got this when I got the Garmin just to be safe. I don't use it any more when I am walking or running. I will still use it when I am out and about on my bike though, just in case I come off. If you have hands made of butter you may find this a really good product.
on 10 March 2012
Its fits like a glove on my Dakota 20 and adds that little reassurance to what is already a fairly robust unit
on 17 September 2013
I use a similar case on my Edge 800 and it has saved the Edge from a few falls, you can still see the screen and operate the power button. Worth having for a device like the Dakota which is going to spend its time in harsh environments. Last thing you want to do is drop and smash your GPS, although a well-prepared outdoors person would obviouslty be able to revert to map and compass if this did happen.
on 13 June 2014
Whether this cover gives worthwhile protection is difficult to say: I don't intend to throw my GPS around to find out. However, it's a good close fit on the unit and offers some reassurance. One small problem: the cover has to be 'peeled back' every time the GPS batteries are changed, which will probably result in it tearing once the rubber begins to perish.
on 16 October 2013
I haven't dropped my Dakota 10, intentionally or accidentally, but I feel that it should survive if I did. There is a moulded button exactly over the button on the Dakota 10 so turning it on or off is no problem. You can also access the USB connector but you have to remove the case to change the battery.
on 2 January 2014
Good in providing a thick protective bumper wrap (and I added my own clear screen protector) but the back of the unit is not covered and could be damaged if the unit landed on it. No problems in using the power switch or attaching a lanyard.