5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back the Nolans
Published on 30 Sept. 2009 by Mr. Trevor A. Aitkenhead

1.0 out of 5 stars Nolans? No way!
A big disappointment, I'm afraid. I thought they might be the British equivalent of the Andrews Sisters, but not so. There is a marked sameness about every track with little attempt at variety of sound or tempo. Not much else can be said. Perhaps they are an acquired taste - but certainly not to mine.
Published 11 months ago by VESPERTILIO

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back the Nolans, 30 Sept. 2009
Mr. Trevor A. Aitkenhead "ROSS FAN" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm In The Mood Again (Audio CD)
This album has to be the best ever from Britain's top female group of all time! Fantastic variety of songs given the wonderful Nolans treatment with great lead vocals and harmonies. Let's hope this is not the last we hear from the girls. Brilliant versions of Chain Reaction, I will survive and Eternal Flame. Of course their own hits are as fresh as ever also. Good to see the lead vocals shared between the 4 girls - each has a unique voice and style, and they all contribute to the great backing harmony vocals. Also love It's raining men - brilliant!
Keep up the good work girls. The other girl groups in Britain pale into insignificance when compared with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent..... Just Excellent....., 28 Sept. 2009
Mr. M. J. Campbell (Goole, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm In The Mood Again (Audio CD)
I'm glad to add this to my collection.... The harmony and power of The Nolans is still here in this album and the variations in their voices really gives a full range of sound..... Listening to this album through a good set of headphones adds a different dimension to the sound.... I have only two things to say to Coleen, Bernie, Linda & Maureen...... "Thank You for the music" & "Thank You For Your Voices!!!".....

5.0 out of 5 stars a smashing comeback, 28 Sept. 2009
Mr. A. J. Hawksworth "ahawksworth" (Sheffield,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm In The Mood Again (Audio CD)
Loving this album..it's a classic party album full of all the top party/disco classics we know and love, from the classic four line up that we all remember.
Great up dated arrangements , very up beat and danceable.New versions of their hits with blistering hot versions of In he Mood For Dancing & a wicked version of Crashing Down.
This is a sing a long, feel good, belt em out at the top of your voice cd.

and the girls? mmmmm they look- and sound- HOT!!

The tours gonna be great!

Welcome back ladies...more please....

5.0 out of 5 stars They're back!, 30 Sept. 2009
W. Brown (Ashington, Northumberland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm In The Mood Again (Audio CD)
I've waited 30 years for this CD and it has been well worth the wait. The girls are back with a vengeance! Great mixes of some of their old hits and some amazing vocals on some new songs. It's the ultimate CD for doing your housework to. Turn up the volume and get in the mood again. Well done Bernie, Coleen, Linda and Maureen. You are still truly fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new Nolans CD, 8 Oct. 2009
This review is from: I'm In The Mood Again (Audio CD)
Absolutely fabulous this CD, the best ever from the Nolans.Their back and better than ever. I just had to get up and dance alone on the first hearing of this CD!
Fantastic versions of all the songs, including all their hits.The CD just gets better and better as it goes on. ''Eternal flame'' , ''The promise'' ,''Chain reaction''and ''So what'', stand out, and ''It's raining men'' is something else! All their voices are superb too, especially Colleen's very sexy voice.Bernie has the most wonderful powerfull voice, really something else. The tour is going to be great. There's no one like the Nolans, back with a vengeance to take the nation by storm.Stay around girls please

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantaaaaaaastic CD, why did they make us wait so long!!!, 18 Oct. 2009
C. Hobson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm In The Mood Again (Audio CD)
Saw them in Nottingham, had to buy the CD and am impatiently waiting for the DVD. They're individual voices and group harmonies sound better than ever. No disrespect to Duffy, Girls Aloud and others but The Nolans can sing these songs far better.
I really hope we will see and hear more from the girls in the near future. Good luck to them for the rest of the UK tour.
Kind regards
Carolyn
P.S. Coleens sons are very talented on stage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nolan Sisters, 1 Nov. 2009
R. J. Koekkoek "CD AAF" (Groningen, Netherlands, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm In The Mood Again (Audio CD)
Nice cd from a long forgotten girl group, back again but not in the original combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW----WHAT A CD, WELCOME BACK GIRLS!, 8 Oct. 2009
W. kerry "" Bernie fan"" (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm In The Mood Again (Audio CD)
Love the album I have played it ever since it arrived. We Nolans fans have waited so long for this CD, its so good to hear their voices again especially Bernie.
Can't wait for the live shows, Best of luck girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely in the mood again, 30 Sept. 2009
This review is from: I'm In The Mood Again (Audio CD)
The original girl group are back to doing what they do best. The lead, harmonies and that full Nolan intricacy is applied to some of their old hits and some more recent popular songs. I think some of their covers are better than the originals! These girls can really sing, with all of them being a lead in one song or another. That too is a feature of the Nolans as they all individually have fantastic voices and fit their songs brilliantly. The singing together as one voice with those filling backing harmonies is just the Nolans at their very very brilliant best.
Having waited for this new album for nigh on 30 years it is certainly worth buying and should make any party go well. If you've seen some of the TV clips then it will be great to see the Nolans performing this live on their tour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back Ladies, 30 Sept. 2009
So glad There back Been a Fan For years Got All There japanes Cds
Aswell, This Is A Brillant cd Love linda,s Vocals On Mercy And The
new Version Of crashing Down Is Amazing And Coleens eternal Flame ,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

I'm In The Mood Again
I'm In The Mood Again by The Nolan Sisters (Audio CD - 2009)