5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the market
My lad is 18months old and tall for his age. He fits in the seat with no problem, all though I already have the footrests lowered as far as they can be I have no doubt at all that he will still fit it in 2 1/2 years time. The straps, although a tad fiddly, also fit him without issue and again (Due to the length provided) will see him through until 4yrs old. If you are...
Published on 11 July 2011 by MajPanik

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but only for the casual rider
After reading all the other reviews I thought I'd give this a go. My little 11 month old gets bored easily by most forms of transport but loves anything fast moving! Ordered from Amazon direct so I knew I could return easily if need be.

Piece of cake to assemble, tools provided easy to use and fit for purpose. I have a normal "hybrid" bike and the metal seat...
Published 23 months ago by Mrs A

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars bike seat, 27 Sep 2009
Fh Lovidge - See all my reviews
This seat feels and I'm sure is a lot safer than a rear seat on a bike. The balance of the bike is unaffected and it feels a lot more stable, plus the fact you can interact with the child. Basically everything that was advertised by the supplier is true, definately recommend it to anybody.

Fred Lovidge

5.0 out of 5 stars wee ride great buy, 8 Feb 2011
This review is from: WeeRide Kangaroo Front Mounted Children's Safest Bike Seat, Ages 1-4 (Sports)
This baby/child seat is fantastic so pleased I got it, my son feels so safe and secure with my arms around him and he sees everything as we go. Only wish we had the weather to go out more here in Ireland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 9 July 2010
My daughter and I love it.
Very convenient rest for when she falls a sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars WeeRide Kangaroo, 23 July 2012
I have a full suspension mountain bike so can not use a rear mounted child seat. This seat seemed to be exactly what I wanted. I read the comments on here both positive and negative and decided to give it a go. This set up is brilliant. The mounting bar is sturdy and the fixings are of a very good quality(I am also an engineer,really I am). The seat is lightweight but strong and ideal in size for the position it fits on the bike. My 1 year old daughter loves it and I feel better being able to see and interact with her. I can honestly say that the people who have given this negative feedback must have bought something different. Maybe some people cant read instructions aswell because it is simple to fit and very secure. I am puzzled as to why some people have not got on with this product. I will agree that you have to alter your riding style a little but thats obvious because there is an extra seat between your knees! Really dont be put off by the negative comments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, 21 May 2011
Fantastic purchase really pleased with it. It didn't take too long for hubby to fix it to his bike, my son is just 2 but quite large for his age. First time on he was quite nervous, but second time he loved it and was ringing the bell, 'helping' to change gears etc. Far easier to balance and great interaction with your child versus the traditional bike seat behind you. My daughter turns 1 next month so looking to get one shortly for my bike so we can all go out as a family. Only thing I would question is whether it really does go up to the age of 4 as the seat seems awfully small and my son is already tall for his age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Seat For Children, 29 Nov 2013
I had been looking for a childrens seat for some years where they could sit in front where I could see them and talk to them, so this was perfect.
Having being a mountain biker for over 17 years racing in the nationals as a sponsored rider both XC and DH I feel qualified enough to recommend the seat as a safe option for young children.
I use it for my 2 yo son and there is no way I believe it would be suitable for much over 3 years. The single bolt to fit the seat to frame seems a little minimal to think this is the only fitting to hold the plastic seat to the metal frame, and though it would be nice to have more it does the job and with being in front of me, if this did fail at least I can see my son to support him. I have this on my winter bike and have had to mount the front to the stem spacers but even though it is clamped around these they still turn freely. As for riding position, I thought I would be having sore knees and riding bow legged, especially using SPDs, but the position is fine and nowhere near as bad as some say, on long rides at full speed it would get a bit much, but I wouldn't do huge distances, ride at speed or ride on the road with a 2 yo anyway.

This is a great seat and my boy loves it, he fell asleep on it the first ride out, it means we can go out on family rides together safely, what more could you ask for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Outdoors here we come!, 2 Oct 2013
My daughter has been using this seat since she was 18 months old and we are getting on really well with it. I've got used to pedaling with a slightly spread legged motion, and now its only when we are on steep hills and I want to stand up that I notice it.
A good design feature would be a velcro type strap that could be attached together at the top to prevent the shoulder straps from sliding off their shoulders.
I would recommend (and have) this seat to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 1 Oct 2013
Bought this on the strength of other reviews. I was originally torn between a front set child seat and rear set one. Previous reviews mentioned needing to cycle bow legged with this child seat. I am 5'11" and haven't noticed that in the slightest. Also another great thing about this child seat I didn't see mentioned was the ease with which you can remove the seat from your bike. A solid centre bar remains between your seat post and handle bars and the seat attaches to that. Takes about 20 seconds to clip on and off. Initial assembly was a bit fiddly but the instructions are easy followed. Finally having my wee boy at the front of my bike makes it far more enjoyable for him since he can actually see what's going on. Thoroughly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Baby Child Seat for Bikes!, 20 Aug 2013
Sunil Malkani - See all my reviews
Bought the WeeRide Kangaroo from Amazon after much thought and research.

FIt and size - bike with drop bars
I was quite worried that it would not fit right as I have drop bars on my bike (can't remember but it's a medium frame - I'm 5'10"). It does say quite clearly that it's not designed to fit with drop bars as the ridding position leaves very little space for the seat + baby. I thought that, worst case, I'd get new bars.

However, the WeeRide fits just fine and does not change my ride position too much with the little one in. He was 10 months old when I got it, hes a year old now. It will certainly be an issue soon, once he grows a little bigger, but easy to solve by replacing with more upright bars.

Assembly
It's quite straight forward to put the WeeRide together. The key challenge is getting the horizontal support bar attached firmly to the bike - at the seat post and the headset riser (?) - the bit that does not turn with the handle bars. It took me about 25 minutes as it is a little fiddly to do by ones self, and also with a curious baby crawling about!
Tip: adjust the bar so that there's a little space between it and the top tube - especially where the baby seat screws in. At first I had it too close, and the screw that holds the seat onto the bar scratched the paint on the top tube (aargh - that hurt!)

Ride
The little one fits really well - he's still quite little so the foot wells are a little to big for him (even though they can be adjusted up and down) - he sometimes gets his feet out - but that's all right, I suppose, because his legs aren't long enough to get him into trouble yet, and the WeeRide sits solidly between him and the wheels / other moving parts. This will resolve itself in a month or two when he grows taller and fits into the foot wells correctly.
At first, I was very unsure about the headrest and found it quite gimicky. However, it's very well thought through - it keeps his little hands out of trouble - preventing him from reaching the handle bars - yanking or otherwise affecting steering. Also, now that he's fully comfortable on the bike, he routinely falls asleep (usually within 20 minutes of me riding) and uses the headrest - it's quite the sight! I was a little worried that the padding material on the headrest might cause skin irritation (he's got quite sensitive skin) - but that did not prove to be a problem at all - so well thought through. WeeRide

Design and Riding Position
I must admit that the seat is very well designed and thought through - the more you ride the more you appreciate the little engineering bits here and there that contribute to usability. The headrest, the way the harness straps can be adjusted from behind the seat (no need to get off the bike to loosen them a wee bit if he's stretched forward and got his head down) etc. Also the little curves, nips and tucks really do a good job of staying out of the way of the rider. That said, I find it quite difficult to keep my thighs parallel as the seat gets a little in the way. As a result, I have to angle my ankles inwards a little, and that puts pressure on my feet and causes fatigue at my ankles. not an issue with short rides, but I can see this being a barrier to riding more than 10-12 miles at a stretch. Maybe this can be resolved with new handle bars and a more upright position?

Getting the seat on and off
It's quite easy to remove the seat (the horizontal support bar stays on the frame) with just a single thumb screw - no tools required - 2 minute job. that's really handy when riding to work. However, the horizontal bar does add a bit of weight and if you're finicky will affect how your bike looks (it's a dull textured grey metal surface paint that looks very ordinary / industrial - I'd love for it to be a little better finished - maybe hi-gloss white for instance)

Final thoughts
This was a great purchase - super happy with it - really does what it says on the tin, and seems much better than other seats that mount at the back / on the handle bars. The key thing is that the little one really loves it and loves his time riding with daddy!

4.0 out of 5 stars safer and far more interactive, 10 Aug 2013
R. R. Humphry (UK) - See all my reviews
We've used this for well over a year now - my son is now 2 and a half and it has fitted him and my Specialised Cirrus just fine. I dont think it will stretch much above 3 years though so be wary of the manufacturers claims.

The seat is really easy to attach and the mount which attaches to the bike is strong. I disagree with other reviews that this is a flimsy product.

Yes, riding style is interesting - your knees will splay out but i have ridden many different bikes over varying distance and unless you are cycling over 10 miles i dont think this is a real issue. It will stop you from picking up pace - but hey, you have a little person on board right?

What is tricky, and my reason for not giving 5 stars is the act of getting on the bike - you have to swing your leg over from the back so it clears the saddle and you have to be really careful as you lower that leg on to the far pedal thatyou dont overbalance the bike. I use this really frequently and have never had a problem but you could lower the seat if this was an issue. For instance, i would not recommend this to older people or those with less mobility for this very reason.

My personal technique here is to rest the back of the knee of the leg i am swinging over on top of the saddle and then gradually sidle on.

The real positive here is being in communication withe your child - I would point things out to my son and we would comment ont he colours of cars as we drove past, he would call out whenever he saw a dog etc. They're pretty stimulated when they're on this and I found it agreat time to get a bit of a dialogue going.

Also, and this is perhaps obvious - you can SEE them. On top of that, your arms form a protective cage around them - what if the bike slips and they're on the back? the wee-ride gives me a great deal of reassurance and aside from the getting on thing, this seems much much safer

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›