4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money
+ quite a good price
+ all camera functions supported
+ zoom and main controls well accessible also in the gloves (except maybe flash control)
+ flash difuser included

- package is really bad (just a thin paper) - need to find some alternative
- the weights need to be paid extra and do not really fit well to the case
- to my knowledge...
Published on 18 Aug. 2010 by mike

1.0 out of 5 stars underwater fiasco!
Published on 7 Dec. 2011 by R Chamadoira

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 18 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Canon WP-DC35 Waterproof Camera Case for PowerShot S90 (Accessory)
+ quite a good price
+ all camera functions supported
+ flash difuser included

- package is really bad (just a thin paper) - need to find some alternative
- the weights need to be paid extra and do not really fit well to the case
- to my knowledge there is no "simple" filter for the camera - a special lens adapter needed
- only one O-Ring - no spare provided

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dive housing, 7 Dec. 2014
I bought this case for diving the great barrier reef in Australia. The case had my camera in it for almost 9 months as I travelled and protected it well in the top of my rucksack.

The case is certified up to 40m in depth which is the maximum you could go as a recreational diver. As I'm only Open Water certified this is plenty.

I did find that some silica balls were required in the housing with the camera in more humid climates. This is the downfall of having a camera heating up and having warm air inside and cold water outside. The silica did a great job at sucking up the moisture though and keeping the camera safe.

The dive housing is great but does require the camera housing weights as an additional accessory to get it neutrally buoyant. These are an additional £25 which seems very steep!

Apart from that, this is a great case and comes recommended for the s90 camera!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the S95 (nearly) perfectly, 6 Aug. 2013
As other reviewers said, the S95 fits in, and to my surprise all controls work immediately. The ring function and on/off buttons are switched from S90 to S95, so unfortunately the longer, more prominent of the two buttons on the casing operates the on/off button on the S95. The lewer for the zoom works, but doesn't have total grip without adding some padding (alternatively one can assign zooming to the ring). As the camera is a little smaller than the S90, one also needs to put/tape a little padding in the casing, so that the camera doesn't bounce around a few milimeters.

General impression:
pro:
+ appears very sturdy
+ quite hard to open, accidental opening impossible
+ survived an hour under water test
+ lies ok in the hand,can be hold well with only one hand too

contra:
- the little dial around "Function set" on the back of the camera, right of the screen, can't be turned. All other controls and dials can be used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant shots, 2 Nov. 2013
The Canon S90 takes great shots in low light and that makes this housing ideal for an underwater unit that doesn't need strobe. It is chunky, easy to operate and secure. I'm still using the original o-ring and I've now had the housing for a few years. I have no need to upgrade my camera as I can take both macro and landscapes, and the battery life in the S90 is so good that I don't need to change batteries between dives. I usually dive in warm water but in colder water the buttons are still easy to manipulate.

One recommendation I have is that you switch the standard lanyard that you get with the camera so that your housing can more easily be found in the communal rinse bucket (I switched it with my computer lanyard). It is a deservedly popular camera so there are often two or more the same (or the S95 which is very similar and has very similar housing) in a bucket.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute bargain, 19 Aug. 2013
Absolutely awesome for the price. I got this for £30 (yes £30) from this seller, because it was for a discontinued canon S90 camera. First I managed to buy the camera on ebay, then luckily this was still available. So got both for less than £200 for my daughter. She took it down to 18 metres, several times and no leaks. Also great at keeping sand out on the beach Very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little case, 24 July 2013
I have to say I am no expert in terms of waterproof casings but this products meets my ecpectations. Although I made a mistake as I needed the DC38 for an S95 but surprise surprise it fits.

I had to add a few paddings into the case so that I can use all the controlls but it is amazing what a little blu tech does. I can't wait to test it out in the Maldives soon. It passed the sink test so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Powershot S90, 18 Feb. 2010
N. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
Just received the WP-DC35 from Avides, and, contrary to the "Item Details" and picture this is the housing for the Canon Powershot S90, not the IXUS 110.

1.0 out of 5 stars underwater fiasco!, 7 Dec. 2011
Don't buy this underwater case!!!! It's a lottery. If you're lucky you might buy four or forty underwater cases from Canon and have no problems. Me I got one for a G10 and no probs but the first time I went down with my S90 I got a leak. I firstly thought this could be my mistake, but nope: I took it down again without the camera a couple times and got the same result: water inside.
Do you want to save a little few bucks buying the Canon underwater case instead of Ikelite? Go ahead! But remember Canon doesn't give you a proper (if any) warranty on underwater products, so it might as well happen to you what happened to me: money out the window for the case, money out the window for the liveaboard trip that was intended as a photography liveaboard trip, plus money out the window for my S90 that died shortly after the warranty expired due to water damage. Thanks Canon!!!!

Canon WP-DC35 Waterproof Camera Case for PowerShot S90