4.0 out of 5 stars Walking socks
I bought these socks to wear with walking boots, as I do a lot of long dog walks. I read the other reviewer's comments about how small made the socks are and I did order up a larger size. How right he was, the socks are very small made. I am usually a size 7, but ordered the 9-11.5 size and they just fit.
I have worn them every day and hand washed them every night...
Published 21 months ago by missba

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but buy big
Published on 18 Oct 2010 by Paul Trickett

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but buy big, 18 Oct 2010
I walk a couple of miles to and from work each day and bought these to stop my new shoes rubbing my feet raw. The silky smooth inner layer works great against the feet and certainly no blisters so far. My only criticism is that they shrink badly when washed. I had already read a review warning me of this, and so hand washed them the first few times. They have still shrunk to a size where they no longer really fit. Wish I had bought one size larger than I normally would.

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking socks, 14 Nov 2012
I have worn them every day and hand washed them every night for the last 4 days. So far no shrinkage. Very warm without being bulky. Comfortable to wear, no wrinkling of the inner sock, just a bit short in length for my taste. However this wont stop me ordering another pair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Holed., 23 Nov 2013
Having worn the socks four times on medium distance walks they wore through and they don't keep there shape. Would not purchase anymore and I certainly don't think they are worth the money and I will be sending them back under the guarantee.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best socks you can buy, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: 1000 Mile Men's Ultimate Approach Walking Sock (Sports Apparel)
These are the best sock I have bought for hiking !! No blisters , worth every penny, I will never buy a different make

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH DONT BUY, 18 Dec 2013
I bought these to walk a marathon in (moonwalk) out of the 4 people doing this i was the only person who had these on, I was also the only person who had Blisters so bad that i had to hobble the last 2-3 miles, (the shoes i wore were specially fitted and i had proper heat molded insoles which i had tried out quite a few times to make sure they wouldn't hurt....wish i had done the same with the socks.

I took pictures of the underside of my feet which had turned into 2 huge blisters, whilst the company agreed if i sent them back i would get a refund, It was more hastle than it's worth, I would rather pass on my feedback to other consumers in this review.

If you are preparing for very long walks :

Wear 2 pairs of thin socks instead,Or one pair of thin socks first and thicker on second. does the same thing, make sure they have no seams.

Try out Shoes, socks, leggings, cycling shorts on longer walks before the long walk, take food or sugar tablets to keep up energy, take water regulaly (if your thirsty your already dehydrated!).

Baggy tracksuit bottoms or trousers with a low crytch usually cuts in or makes tops of thighs rub.

Take a pot of Vascoline or running lube as a must incase of rubbing!, plasters would be good as well for a quick fix to a rubbing ankle.

I am sure others have much more experience but Hope if you have read it helps with your descision.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shrink in the wash!!, 20 May 2013
I am a size 10. I am a serious walker and bought these as I am due to do an 84 mile trek over 4 days and wanted some decent socks. Wore them once, washed them and they've shrunk. Total crap!!!!!!