5.0 out of 5 stars A fab little phone...unless you want super hi-tec!
Published on 1 April 2011 by stickytoffipudding

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor phone for Sony Ericsson Standards
Published on 10 Jan 2011 by CK

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor phone for Sony Ericsson Standards, 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: Sony Ericsson C903 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (Electronics)
I have used Sony Ericsson phones for the last 7 years, using about 5 different models during that time. I purchased this a few months back and it is the worst phone I have used. The key features of Sony Ericsson such as the bright useful torch, speed in navigation & loading my large contact list quickly, keypad finger friendlyness and all round feel of quality have gone-a-miss on this model. Its cheap black plastic covering, combined with the solid keypad that takes effort to press buttons, the rear sliding camera cover that easily slips open in your pocket or hand eats the battery life makes this phone terrible buy. I have only had this for a few months and already the back light of the keypad sometimes comes on when it feels like it... The camera is not all that bad at 5MP but even then it's not worthwhile the extra money.
Initially I was going to buy a cheaper model but convinced myself to splash out as I would have it for a while - i was so wrong! The cheaper model would of been better!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab little phone...unless you want super hi-tec!, 1 April 2011
This phone is a fantastic phone if you want to take pics, receive and make calls, and text to your heart's content. More than that it doesn't really do. It does have bluetooth, it does connect to a pc and you can sync it with your contacts but it is a phone rather than some flashy hi-tec gadget like the iPhone or HTC and Android phones available, however it is a lot cheaper than they are. I had this phone for a good 18 months and loved it. I never had a single problem with the keypad, the battery, or taking pics and transferring things with bluetooth. I don't think the phone is at all 'plasticky' as another reviewer described and the hard keypad is actually very easy to use. I certainly find it easier than the ultra light touch screen keypads which seem to jump about all over the place, and I got to the stage where I didn't have to look at the keypad to know what I was texting - maybe I just text a lot? All in all I would describe this phone as a good phone with more than adequate facilities for being just a phone with a good camera. If you want masses of apps, web surfing, and super hi-tec then you need to be increasing your budget and finding something a little more than this phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst phone, 1 Mar 2011
i appologise in advance for my awful spelling.. saw the phone and thought id share my experience.

had this phone on contract for 18 months on 3.
it was brilliant when i recieved it. stopped working after a week we sent it back and had the phone fixed.
its been a real problem for me slow, memory card doesnt read and have tryed several cards with this phone the slot doesnt read properly.
iv got to give it credit though it is robust, dropped it several times although as its a slide the screen wobled because screws were coming loose.
personaly i dont think this phone was bulit to be used all the time for 18 months, as my phone lies in 2 pieces on the dinning table.
after the first couple of weeks it seemed that i had to press the harder, as sometime when id text it would miss letters out of words, it doesnt work well in the winter or if your on holiday over 45c it lags and slugish again.
also it tends to call the first person in you contacts, i solved this by making a contact with no number.
the camera on the back has a manual slide shutter. which is annying as it slides open when you retreive or put it in your pocket, so you are blinded by the bright light as you get your phone out. one good thing is its as bright as a tourch i normally use it as light when walking home in the dark, or in winter.
i wouldn't recomend this phone its not that cheap for what it is and its not just me that complaining about this phone a friend had this phone and it drove her up the wall it barley lasted 12 months.

for a first time buying a phone this would be resonable, if you wenrt planning on using it alot. also keys are a good size my mum 56 found it easy to type. using it was another matter.
i suggest if you are older and considering this phone, leaving lots of spare time to fiddle with the phone exploring it as it has alot of gadgits and settings to explore you can really make the phone personal to you. my favourite gadget is the track id which has become very uself.

hope this was an helpful. i am now looking for a flat phone as my this phone R.I.P is no longer with us..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 30 Mar 2011
I bought this phone in December 2009. I wanted a trustworthy phone which does the basics, but still looks stylish. It's now almost April 2011 and it still works a treat! The text messaging and layout of the inbox is brilliant- it is organised into conversation sections. It has all of the basic things you want a phone to do, and it still remains a strong and great phone! It is extremely reliable, and I haven't had any faulty issues with it at all. The only down side of this phone is that the camera isn't as brilliant as I expected- but it's still of good standard. I'm updating this phone soon, as I would love an android which is more technical and has lots of apps. If you want a trustworthy, basic but stylish phone, I definitely recommend this phone!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PHONE, 21 May 2010
HAYLING BOOK & MUSIC VENUE (HBMV) "Hayling Is... (26 Rails Lane Hayling Island) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have to agree with the previous reviewer. This is a lovely phone. Elegant with a nice sized screen, great graphics and for a techno-phobe like me, remarkably easy to use. Surfing the net is also easy as is texting and of course making calls! The icons are clear, the screen is large and therefore easy on the eyes. Good camera too!

10/04/13 PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS REVIEW WAS UNDERTAKEN THREE YEARS AGO AND IS THEREFORE RELEVANT FOR ITS TIME - THERE ARE NOW MUCH BETTER PHONES ON THE MARKET.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, 4 Sep 2010
Great phone. I have this phone on a very cheap contract and it has many internet app's which you would'nt think a budget phone would have- facebook, youtube, ebay, bbc news....
Easy to use and does all the things you would want a basic phone to do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to expectations, 12 May 2014
I'm one of those people that can't get on with the latest generation of Smart Phones preferring the old fashioned key punching. Had a few phones over the years & have always like Sony. Well built & doing what it says on the box really well. As my old phone was giving up the ghost decided on this Sony as had good spec & camera. The phone itself works brilliantly but oh the cheap plastic case is a complete let down. Lay it down hard & the case back pops open. (Just read someone else's thread with the same complaint). Have cured problem with a bit of double sided tape stuck inside. In a nut shell, great phone, crap case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little phone, 9 Mar 2012
C903 Brilliant little phone. Had now for two years and works a dream, when it eventually wears out would want the same one again. Never have to carry my diary around with me any more all the information I need is in my phone - besides phone numbers, which can be itemised, addresses, e-mail and everything else I used to enter into diary. Works with my bluetooth in car with no problems whatsoever. Just a solid and user friendly phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone, 9 Dec 2011
The C903 was bought as a present for someone who didn't want the new touch screen type of phone. He is delighted with it. The camera image is sharp and the phone easy to use. It also arrived earlier than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cracker, 6 April 2010
A great phone that does everything that lots more expensive ones do
Didn't want a touch screen and this is the pick of the bunch that doesn't have a touch screen

Sony Ericsson  C903 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black