4.0 out of 5 stars You really will want to Turn It Up
Published on 21 Dec 2009 by G. Griffiths

3.0 out of 5 stars Pixie Lott? Good. The Album? Not so...
So Pixie Lott fits in pretty well with the musical climate right now. She carefully balances the sultry vocals of Ami Whinehouse on tracks like `Mama Do (uh oh, uh oh)' with the dance/pop catchiness of Lady/Roux/Boots on tracks like `Boys and Girls', `Here We Go Again' and the title track. Oh and there is an X-Factor song or two thrown in for good measure in the form of...
Published on 15 Sep 2009 by Toby Staunton

4.0 out of 5 stars You really will want to Turn It Up, 21 Dec 2009
G. Griffiths (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turn It Up (Audio CD)
I purchased this album off the back of hearing Cry Me Out and Turn It Up performed live in a concert a few weeks back, and it is a brilliant debut album. I am in love with Turn it up and Cry me out, both songs have such mesmerizing features about them. As well as having the hit singles mama do and boys and girls on it, this album is packed with songs that could well be future hits. If you like what you've heard of Pixie's so far, you'll like the rest of the album too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pixie turns in a very appealing debut album, 15 Dec 2014
This review is from: Turn It Up (Audio CD)
Pixie Lott's talent as an aspiring singer/songwriter is much in evidence on this 2009 debut release. The soul-tinged 'Mama Do' and the uptempo 'Boys And Girls' were, unsurprisingly, distinctive enough to reach No. 1 in the singles chart; other highlights include the gorgeous ballads 'Cry Me Out' and 'Nothing Compares' as well as a couple of classy mid-tempo numbers in the shape of 'The Way The World Works' and 'Gravity' - the last named being probably my favourite song on this album.

Although the music critics have often found Pixie somewhat lightweight, both in terms of material and vocal delivery, I really enjoyed this album and played it several times over a couple of days ~ usually a good sign that I rate it quite highly. If you enjoy pop music, with lashings of soul and R&B in the mix, then I can heartily recommend this to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, I like it!, 12 Mar 2010
C. R. Kirkland (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turn It Up (Audio CD)
This is a really great debut album. Pixie has a fantastic voice & range and the arrangements are great too. The lyrics are good though not to the same standard as Lilly Allen's. With any CD you expect to find some tracks which are weaker or don't appeal, but this album is really strong throughout, much better than The Fame from Lady Gaga which really only has just a few good tracks. I don't like the introduction to Gravity, but beyond the first few bars it turns into a fabulous track. I have listened to this album again and again ... and again. Come to think of it "Here we go Again!" I can't believe how much enjoyment I have had from this for just 6 quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pixie Lott's The Next BIG Thing, 6 Oct 2009
Karen (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turn It Up (Audio CD)
I bought this for the daughter of a friend, after we'd listened to Lady GaGa, sitting in the sun with the roof down on the mini. We both liked GaGa and as she had never heard Pixie Lott before I decided to send her a copy for her birthday as I knew she would love it. My daughter then bought me a copy for my birthday and it's on constantly. This is a really fantastic first album and it can only get better for Miss Lott...she is amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, catchy album, 29 Jan 2010
This review is from: Turn It Up (Audio CD)
I bought this album after hearing Boys And Girls and clips of the other songs on YouTube and it was an excellent buy. Pixie's voice is very mature and powerful and I think she will go far in the music career. Tracks that really stand out to me are Band Aid, Nothing Compares, Gravity, Here We Go Again and Boys And Girls, however ALL the songs are very good. She mixes different styles, for example Boys And Girls is a pop, dancy number but Gravity reminds me a lot of Beyonce's slow songs. All the songs are different from each other, with a couple of ballads thrown in. Great job Pixie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn It Up - Pixie Lott, 23 Feb 2010
S. Ashley (Chatham, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turn It Up (Audio CD)
Came really quick, very impressed.

Loved it really great album, loved every track, did not disappoint.

Will be purchasing more - great stuff.

S.Ashley.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 14 Jan 2010
This review is from: Turn It Up (Audio CD)
I bought this album on the strength of the singles that have been released because I just loved Pixie's voice and Boys and Girls in particular just makes me want to dance! So often these days I'm disappointed with albums because most of them are filler tracks. There are a few fillers on this album but I have to say 75% of it is great feel good music, buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars No surprises, 3 Sep 2010
Mrs. S. Fisher "Sarah Fish" (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turn It Up (Audio CD)
No surprises here as so many of the tracks have been released as singles, so if you liked the singles you'll like the album. Great voice, good variety.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some great songs, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Turn It Up (Audio CD)
Let's face it - Boys And Girls and Mama Do are 2 of the most awesome pop tracks ever to come out of England. Big kudos to Pixie for those 2. This album is, in fact, fresh and original, and the only stinker on it is 'Jack' - what made the brilliant Pixie think a nursery rhyme set to pop music would be a winner??

Anyway, 'Jack' aside, this is a fantastic album, proving why Pixie is one of the brightest new stars in British pop. Apart from 'Jack', every track on here is catchy and funky and original. Cry Me Out is a ballad with bite, proving that Pixie can tug at the heart-strings as well as the dancing shoes. If you want an album that really rocks, that's more mature than Miley 'oh look, I've stuck my tongue out again' Cyrus, that will in the near future undoubtedly be called a classic, then this is the album for you. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Turn It Up (MP3 Download)
This is great and I really enjoy listening to it all the time. It has made it onto my play list!

Turn It Up